Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action speaks louder than words

Default Action speaks louder than words

Actions louder than words
    Chiefs coach Todd Haley appears more interested in what Larry Johnson does than what he says.
    He heard Johnson’s oft-repeated request to be traded or released. He also heard through running backs coach Maurice Carthon, who has spoken with Johnson, that the enigmatic running back is softening his hard-line stance.
    Haley said he’ll be more impressed by Johnson’s attitude if he appears for the start of the offseason conditioning program on Monday.
    “I’ll go by what I see,” Haley said. “We’ll know pretty quick here. Part of my evaluation process is trying to find guys that want to be Kansas City Chiefs. Not talk about it but want to be (Chiefs) and want to be part of something special, eventually.
    “I’m excited about working with all of these guys. This is an exciting time. We don’t know what we have right now. You can look at some of the things they did last year, but until we get the guys on campus and see them running around working, we don’t know. I’m excited about everybody. Everybody is an opportunity to me.
    “That guy, what I’ve seen from him as a runner, he gets 5 yards every time he carries the ball. I know his average wasn’t 5 yards, but from what I’ve seen, the ability is there. What I’m looking for, and what our staff is looking for, is who’s all in.”
    Asked whether Johnson would participate beginning Monday, Haley said, “I honestly don’t know. This is a voluntary thing. (But) I’ve made it pretty clear that it’s a pretty important part of our development as a team.”

Wow, I'm really startin to like this guy alot, A no BS kinda guy, play or get out, thats what we need in our head coach and I'm Lovin it

They gotta go to these voluntary things. IF they don't, that raises the possibilty of losing a starting position. These guys (Pioli and Haley) want "team players".

I like it.

I hate to say it, but thats been the so-called 'patriot way' and its worked well for them. Hopefully now its our turn to be a dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I hate to say it, but thats been the so-called 'patriot way' and its worked well for them. Hopefully now its our turn to be a dynasty!
    If we really want to split hairs...It is the Bill Parcell's way. He is the man that started this mentality and it rubbed off on some people...Belichick and Pioli being the primary students that actually adopted it. Of course, Belichick chose to adopt it and I am sure Parcell's made Pioli adopt it in order to marry his daughter! LMAO!

...Easy to say; now it's time to follow it through.

LJ won't show his face in camp because he is a punk. He's too busy buying $500 bottles of champagne at the clubs down in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    LJ won't show his face in camp because he is a punk. He's too busy buying $500 bottles of champagne at the clubs down in Florida.
    A little harsh on LJ..........

I like this team first, no bull**** attitude.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    I like this team first, no bull**** attitude.. :)
    Isn't that the great thing about us.............

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Ill take that bet.

LJ will show up for camp because hes becoming more mature and he will get back to his 1700+ yds a game calibur.

Cmon LJ. Most have given up on you. But I have not. So you ****ed up, who of us hasnt?

If we run the spread like we got to last season then we really dont need him. But if we get back to a FB. And tighter formations with P.A. Then LJ will be a valuable asset.

Not to mention short yardage situations. Just to pick up a first down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast