Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

Default Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

« Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest

News
    Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely

Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson, Todd Haley

While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
    In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    I doubt that Larry will play another game as a Chief.

Sort of torn on the subject.
    When Larry was in his prime he was fun to watch and it was great that he was with KC. When he had his 'not so great' moments with things he said and did out in public, he was sort of a black eye for the franchise.

Then again, he never claimed to be a model citizen.... and it's not like some of the things he said about Haley aren't justified!
    Good to hear a non biased post for once.
    It starts with the Offensive line

I LOVE LJ. He knows his career is winding down and he has no future as a chief regardless. (or anyone else for the matter because the team is terrible) This is his way of saying, cut me now so i can move on to bigger and better things. Whether he goes to another team OR lays on the beach every day.... JOKES ON US. Todd Haley is a terrible human. There is no reason this team should be worse than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Our ability to control our emotions and tendencies are what seperates us from being animals.

No one can blame a dog who has been whipped over and over again when the dog lashes out and bites someone who raises a hand to them.

But we as humans have the ability to control our emotions and to be productive members of society. If you cannot do that, then you have to seek professional help. There is help out there for LJ if he has anger management issues, he should avail himself, he certainly can afford it.

Society does not and should not put up with people who cannot control themselves, we have mental health and detention facilities for those who cannot. If LJ genuinely wants to change, he can, there are plenty of people out there that can help him.
    It depends on how you were raised and other circumstances. We have more control than other animals but we still can't control everything. so it is technically impossible to control yourself 100% in all circumstances
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-27-2009 at 07:45 PM.

This goes from worse, to best.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    It depends on how you were raised and other circumstances. We have more control than other animals but we still can't control everything. so it is technically impossible to control yourself 100% in all circumstances
    It depends on how you were raised? Exactly how has LJ been deprived? What horrible existence does he come from?

In fact, LJ was TWEETING ABOUT HOW AWESOME HIS DAD IS.

Lemme guess...LJ comes from a hard neighborhood. Tough life, right? Yeah, he's real ghetto. He's had it tough, what with his dad having played professional ball (see LJ's tweet for source info) and being a college coach. Oh what a tough life he's had.

But you're right, it's hard to change who you are. For instance, LJ is an @sshole. He has always been an @sshole, and in all likelihood, he will be an @sshole until he takes his last, bitter breath.

Of course, you don't mind him, because his actions are really "minor." Well, I don't think violence towards women is quite as dismissable as you, but then again, you have really pondered this "complex philisophical" topic so thoroughly, the rest of us are mere infants in the dark on the matter.

It must be nice to be so evolved. I'm sure you could explain the rationality behind spitting a drink in a woman's face, but it's probably way too advanced for us cretins to understand.

Now...ahem...SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    It depends on how you were raised? Exactly how has LJ been deprived? What horrible existence does he come from?

In fact, LJ was TWEETING ABOUT HOW AWESOME HIS DAD IS.

Lemme guess...LJ comes from a hard neighborhood. Tough life, right? Yeah, he's real ghetto. He's had it tough, what with his dad having played professional ball (see LJ's tweet for source info) and being a college coach. Oh what a tough life he's had.

But you're right, it's hard to change who you are. For instance, LJ is an @sshole. He has always been an @sshole, and in all likelihood, he will be an @sshole until he takes his last, bitter breath.

Of course, you don't mind him, because his actions are really "minor." Well, I don't think violence towards women is quite as dismissable as you, but then again, you have really pondered this "complex philisophical" topic so thoroughly, the rest of us are mere infants in the dark on the matter.

It must be nice to be so evolved. I'm sure you could explain the rationality behind spitting a drink in a woman's face, but it's probably way too advanced for us cretins to understand.

Now...ahem...SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE.
    Something called being spoiled and people you hang around with. But it might not be that either. It could be a plethora of things. Nobody knows for sure about LJ. Nobody except his family and friends. Possibly not even they know for sure. You certainly don't know anything of his real self. I don't know either. I don't know why you are being an ******* as well to me. I don't know how that pisses you off. I just posted what I was thinking. You are sounding no better than LJ.

Im sure athletes back in the day got away with almost everything. You can't even say nothing without getting suspended these days.
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-27-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Good to hear a non biased post for once.
    Do you ever have one?

You are sounding no better than LJ.
    So you like him too?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

You can't even say nothing without getting suspended these days.
    That's not true, otherwise TO, Chad Ochodumbass, and many others would hardly ever see the field.

You all know I like to be Devil's Advocate just to piss people off? I don't like going with the flow and being a bandwagon person. Just the way I am. Keep that in mind and don't take everything so seriously. Its the INTERNETS!!! Its all fun and games to me. This is fun stuff.

Well it's not being a bandwagon person to just say what you really think and feel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast