Thread: Dolphins WR Chris Chambers Arrested

Sweets Guest

Default Dolphins WR Chris Chambers Arrested

Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers was arrested in Charlotte early Saturday morning on charges of driving while impaired, reckless driving and speeding, according to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's crime log. Chambers, who hasn't had any legal troubles during six seasons as the Dolphins' No. 1 receiver, was arrested at 2:31 a.m. He was later released on a $1,750 bond. Details of the arrest were not immediately available. Neither Chambers nor his agent, Ben Dogra, could be reached. Players are currently off, and veterans do not need to report to training camp until July 27. The latest arrest is the second time in three weeks a Dolphins player has been in trouble with the law. Chambers is also the third player to be arrested this off-season. The Dolphins did not have an immediate comment about Chambers' arrest.

Source: Jeff Darlington, Miami Herald

Why can't these guys call a cab? Do they just want to show off their fancy cars or what?

Sweets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Why can't these guys call a cab? Do they just want to show off their fancy cars or what?
    Like regular, everyday people they don't want to accept the fact that they are drunk and can't drive. I don't know how many times at parties I hear people say, "hey, I can drive I drive home like this all the time"...when we have parties we take keys and lock them away, none of our friends get their keys back if they're too drunk, it's just as easy to drive them home and know that you'll be seeing them again.

Now they need a WR. I wonder what they would give us for Parker.

Why do they need a receiver? He'll still play.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Why do they need a receiver? He'll still play.
    He'll still play, but will most likely miss a couple of games.

I wouldn't be so sure. He may but it sure seems like these guys get off the hook an awful lot! Maybe with this new commish, he will continue to drop the hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. He may but it sure seems like these guys get off the hook an awful lot! Maybe with this new commish, he will continue to drop the hammer!

That's what I'm thinking; although it would appear that Jared Allen is going to be getting a lighter punishment then first anticipated.