Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TD Celebration fines

Default TD Celebration fines

Anyone else think that the NFL is getting lame with all the TD celebration penalties and fines. Growing up as a kid, that was what I always looked forward to. Getting a TD and doing a celebration dance.

Which brings me to the recent fine to Chad Ochocinco's $1 bill celebration which he gave to the ref after a TD to "bribe" him. He was fined $20k!!! I think Ochocinco's celebrations are awesome and always look forward to players like him who love to celebrate and don't care about getting fined. Celebrations to me are part of the game.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I think touchdown celebrations are lame. Show some class.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I don't think they are lame but some go a little too far. Celek though did the captain morgan pose adn it went to a chairty for retired NFL players. I think that was an awesome thing for him to do and hell I didnt even notice it but the NFL did.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think touchdown celebrations are lame. Show some class.
    Do you even realize that many players will donate money to a charity every time they score a TD? Ever think thats part of why they're celebrating?

Good point Bigpoppachief.

Oh, and maybe when they win the Super Bowl, they should all just shake hands, say great game, and go home. Cuz jumping up and down, dancing, and yelling would be showing no class.

I'm sure when you're watching a game at a bar or whatever, and the Chiefs score, you just sit there and don't clap, yell, or get excited in anyway right. Cuz you have class. LOL

TD celebrations make the game exciting and FUN. Unless you're celebrating in the opponents face and rubbing it in directly towards someone. Otherwise is has nothing to do about having "class".
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

20k for that celebration is ridiculous. He didn't hurt anyone, and you have to be an idiot to think he was legitimately trying to bribe the ref with $1.

At least fines go to charity I guess.

You guys remember what the (NFL) stands for dont you
    No Fun League that was ridiculious to fine ocho 20 grand for that.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating as long as it's in good taste and doesn't delay the game. Most fans actually enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    There is nothing wrong with celebrating as long as it's in good taste and doesn't delay the game. Most fans actually enjoy them.
    I would figure the fans are celebrating along with their team when they make a TD. I know I do whenever KC makes a touchdown. I am surprise you all do not hear me all the way from Germany!

I could care less about TD celebrations. I watch football for the football part of it. Not so I can see Ocho stinko do the riverdance after he does his job.

If I wanted to see dancing I would watch ABC.com - Dancing With The Stars - Home
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Do you even realize that many players will donate money to a charity every time they score a TD? Ever think thats part of why they're celebrating?

They may donate money, but that is not why they are celebrating. They are celebrating because they scored a TD.

Oh, and maybe when they win the Super Bowl, they should all just shake hands, say great game, and go home. Cuz jumping up and down, dancing, and yelling would be showing no class.

Are you comparing scoring a TD with winning the SB??
    I'm sure when you're watching a game at a bar or whatever, and the Chiefs score, you just sit there and don't clap, yell, or get excited in anyway right. Cuz you have class. LOL

I do cheer, I do not do the river dance.

TD celebrations make the game exciting and FUN. Unless you're celebrating in the opponents face and rubbing it in directly towards someone. Otherwise is has nothing to do about having "class".
    Sportsmanship had EVERYTHING to do with class. There is nothing wrong with a high five or pat on the back for scoring, but doing CPR on the ball, Riverdancing, Bowling, putting with the ball is a waste of time. Maybe if some of these guys spent more time making themselves and their teams better you wouldn't need to look to their celebration dances to make football interesting.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast