Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: larry johnson in trouble

Default larry johnson in trouble

Chiefs RB Johnson reportedly to face assault charge in December

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will answer a charge of simple assault December in Kansas City Municipal Court, the Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night.

Citing police and court documents, the newspaper said that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.
    Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.
    Capt. Rich Lockhart, a police spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made if difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.
    That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.
    "One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.
    Johnson could be sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I understand that point. Just at the same time there's pain in seeing veteran stars go or be going soon. Especially after losing Jared Allen, combined with the dark days we're going through now of losing 13 of our last 14.
    I do consider LJ a veteran, but the light in his his star is burned out. LJ is not the team player we need for these young guys to look up to. JMHO.
    SHUT IT

[quote=slc chief;101570]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post

think of it this way it might be easier for you. by the time the o-line is done getting built from the ground up middle of 2009 if we are lucky. you have 2 1/2 years of your highest paid player not producing if he does not this year wich i hope he does. come the end of 2009 and start of the 2010 the line shapes up than larry could be effective but not in his prime i think jamaal needs to be more involved to get him ready for the day that larry is gone
    This is a ridiculous statement!!!! Teams improve their o lines every single year!!!! Trust me I know, I live in Az and watched the Cardinals do it this year!! They were terrible last year and now have a middle of the league O line. If LJ had a mediocre line and an OC that would give him the ball more than 7 times a game, he would have great numbers!!!! So, my point is that it doesn't have to take two or three years to fiz an O line!!!

Good viewpoints guys. There needs to be more to being a good mentor than simply rushing experience and success. His behavior issues significantly mar that influence.

Just like T.O. when he was an Eagle. Some said all that mattered was the Eagles were a better team with him on the field. Yet, because of his behavior he also did much to hurt the team.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Good viewpoints guys. There needs to be more to being a good mentor than simply rushing experience and success. His behavior issues significantly mar that influence.

Just like T.O. when he was an Eagle. Some said all that mattered was the Eagles were a better team with him on the field. Yet, because of his behavior he also did much to hurt the team.
    To compare LJ to Terrell Owens is crazy talk!!!!!! T O has done it to 3 teams now and way way more to the extent of disruption than LJ has even been close to! There should be no comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    To compare LJ to Terrell Owens is crazy talk!!!!!! T O has done it to 3 teams now and way way more to the extent of disruption than LJ has even been close to! There should be no comparison!
    I think a comparison to T.O. is right on the money. However, he seems to have matured in Dallas. LJ seems to get worse every year.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I think a comparison to T.O. is right on the money. However, he seems to have matured in Dallas. LJ seems to get worse every year.
    Yea me too!!! I think he is calling his teammates names and telling them that they are gay and and and and should I stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to give the implication that I think of LJ the same as TO! I can't stand TO. I was only using an analogy with TO in agreeing with the point raised that LJ is not really a good leader or mentor for the team because of his off the field incidents and his frequent complaining. But TO is a whack job and causes far more disruption and disunity to a team than LJ ever could!

Are you guys talking about Terell Johnson or Larry Owens???
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Won't it be interesting to see if Roy Williams causes TO to complain even more now about not getting the ball thrown to him enough, heh!

Edit: On the other hand, Roy Williams gives the Cowboys so many weapons now and thus will increase their chances of winning games even more. And TO seems to behave as long as his teams keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Are you guys talking about Terell Johnson or Larry Owens???
    Both!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast