Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Default Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins

Chiefs acquired OG Andy Alleman from the Dolphins.

The cost was likely a late-round draft pick. Alleman was bench-bound in Miami, but the Chiefs need all of the help they can get on the offensive line. He could push right guard Mike Goff for the starting job
    Andy Alleman

sorry for the confusion, i didnt mean to imply we actually gave a 6th rounder...i just figured a late round pick isnt going to get you two quality lineman...but hey, maybe i am wrong...i hope i am...i think given time to gel, our current o line will look worlds better...Ghiaciuc next to a good waters and goff will make the interior alot better..i think him and goff will be better than people think, but what do i know....he may have looked bad, but they all did...time and practice they will be better, its only been two preseason games...new system for everyone, etc...but we are still hurting for a RT, which is hopefully what we got out of one of these two guys....
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 08-25-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Maniac View Post
    I am hopeful these guys work out. But, at the same time I am kind of thinking "why didn't we DRAFT a monster O-Lineman?" I mean watching Cassell get sacked 3 times in the 1st half was a sad reminder and wake up call about how bad our 1st string O-Line is against other 1st stringers. I won't even go into the futile 1st and goal at the 1 yard line......

Bottom line: I really HOPE that even one of these guys turns out to be decent....but I don't understand why we have not addressed this issue a LOT sooner.
    Welcome to the Crowd KC Maniac! :)

I'm glad to see this- more notice to the locker room slugs that you'd better damn well do your job, or you won't have one because we can find other guys until we find the right ones.

We'll see how these guys do when they get on the field.

Before we keep celebrating too much like we just got the next Roaf and Shields.. here are some quotes from a Fins forum about these guys. Take it with a grain of salt of course, but it's not like these guys are obvious diamonds in the rough or anything. I'm glad we got them, but if these guys were going to be cut anyway it kind of sucks that we gave up a draft pick for them.

Wow. Yet another pick for a player that we would have cut. The front office is brilliant.
    How in the hell did we get a pick for Andy Alleman? He sucks! Even if it is a late round pick, score another one for the Trifecta.
    Hard to believe the Chiefs actually felt there was trade value for Alleman.

Always thought Scott Pioli was ment to be clever.
    True. However, Andy Alleman sucks. I thought Pioli had a better eye for talent than that.
    true, we were winning in spite of Alleman sometimes. Ndukwe wasn't that bad, actually.
    Quite frankly these guys could easily be idiots of course. Alleman started 5 games and Ndukwe started 15 last season, and Pennington somehow made it through a full season.. so apparently they did something right.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Before we keep celebrating too much like we just got the next Roaf and Shields.. here are some quotes from a Fins forum about these guys. Take it with a grain of salt of course, but it's not like these guys are obvious diamonds in the rough or anything. I'm glad we got them, but if these guys were going to be cut anyway it kind of sucks that we gave up a draft pick for them.
    I don't think anyone thinks these guys will be the next Roaf and Shields. Hell, Alleman and Ndukwe probably aren't in the top 2/3 of the league at their positions. But they're competent enough to be NFL starters. Our current guys aren't.

If they do turn out to be top players, then we stole them. If they turn out only to be a one year band-aid, it's still worth the pick if they keep Cassel healthy. If they turn out to be massive busts, then we're only out a (probably) 5th rounder. No way to look at this other than as a good trade.

Do we for sure know what the draft pick is. It could end up being a conditional 7th rounder for both. You know something like the Wellbourn trade we did years ago. He played half the season so it went from a 5th to a 3rd etc....

If the dolphins were going to cut a guy, the trade could be as simple as, if they both make the team you owe us a 6th. If only one makes the team it is a 7th. If one starts are year, it is a 5th.

From what it sounds Nduke is the main guy who may start at Rt. Alleman could be only competition or depth.

Unless we gave an absurd draft pick for these guys it can only help. Specially for the one position that we need help at the most. It is not like these guys are foundation blocks. They are band aids to keep Cassel a little more safe until O-line can be properly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Do we for sure know what the draft pick is. It could end up being a conditional 7th rounder for both. You know something like the Wellbourn trade we did years ago. He played half the season so it went from a 5th to a 3rd etc....

If the dolphins were going to cut a guy, the trade could be as simple as, if they both make the team you owe us a 6th. If only one makes the team it is a 7th. If one starts are year, it is a 5th.

From what it sounds Nduke is the main guy who may start at Rt. Alleman could be only competition or depth.

Unless we gave an absurd draft pick for these guys it can only help. Specially for the one position that we need help at the most. It is not like these guys are foundation blocks. They are band aids to keep Cassel a little more safe until O-line can be properly fixed.
    We know it's not a 7th since we also traded that to the Dolphins to get Jake O'Connell. I honestly think it's a 6th. The dinner conversation between Tuna and stepson probably went something like this:

Tuna: "So.. your offensive line is pretty much terrible. I've got these two guys that may not end up making the team and aren't bad. You could probably start them, actually."

Pioli: "How about a 6th rounder for both?"

Tuna: "Done. Pass the potatoes."

And that was that. I also think Ndukwe ends up starting at RT. The fact that he started 15 games last season for a pretty good offensive line is enough for me.

I think the center spot will be a battle between Alleman and Niswanger for the rest of the preseason.

We know it's not a 7th since we also traded that to the Dolphins to get Jake O'Connell. I honestly think it's a 6th. The dinner conversation between Tuna and stepson probably went something like this:

Tuna: "So.. your offensive line is pretty much terrible. I've got these two guys that may not end up making the team and aren't bad. You could probably start them, actually."

And that was that. I also think Ndukwe ends up starting at RT. The fact that he started 15 games last season for a pretty good offensive line is enough for me.

I think the center spot will be a battle between Alleman and Niswanger for the rest of the preseason.
    Are you sure, it might have been pass the gravy.

I wasn't very impressed with Goth's pass protection. He was beat pretty easily a couple of times. While I agree Ndukwe is probably slated for RT. Alleman is probably going to push Niswanger and the loser is the back up for both center and RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wasn't very impressed with Goth's pass protection. He was beat pretty easily a couple of times. While I agree Ndukwe is probably slated for RT. Alleman is probably going to push Niswanger and the loser is the back up for both center and RG.
    Goth!

I agree that the right side of the OL has been terrible, but I still take Goff over McIntosh due to the experience factor. For now Goff is a stopgap until we can find a more permanent guy to play RG.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast