Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Flynn

Default Matt Flynn

Why not go after Flynn from the Packers and let Orton and Cassel battle it out for the clip board position!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    They have a great history of QB coaches. They are good at both identifiying talent and then DEVELOPING it. That, and they have been a decent team for a long time, so they have been able to afford to grab a good to decent QB when they are not in desperate need of one, and let him develop for 2-4 years. The key is their QB coaches. Most have gone on to become pretty decent head coaches.

Now thats the key. So many QB's are stuck in bad positions and can't make the adjustments required for the nfl. This is probably the reason Stanzi did not start this year. (I hope it wasn't because he was worse than Palko)

I think thats why there are so many top 10 pick QB bust. Teams picking top ten usually need a qb to start their rookie year and have bad run games, bad OL's, bad WR's. Many of these QB come out of college in there Jr. year and are very young and can't take the speed, hits, and mental pressure.

Some here may ask why I think the Chiefs should go QB first. Its because I believe our OL is better than most here think. Orton shows us a better OL and run game and I will be the first to say he is not a very good QB.

The problem is there won't be any QB's worth the value of the 11th pick therefore I'm ok with drafting OL, since that is also a very big need.

I would be ok with Flinn or signing Orton and letting either conpete for the starting job.

Wow! The bandwagon is cruising in high gear. I hope you all have your seatbelts fastened.

People are getting all excited about Flyn based on one game? This is even worse than the Orton bandwagoners. At least he played 3 games with the Chiefs and has been a starter for years with Chicago and Denver, so we kind of know what we have with him.

Flynn had a great game against the Lions but he was playing with the NFL's best offense against the 23rd ranked defense. Despite making the playoffs, Detroit is really not that good.

Flynn also played extensively in 2 games last year. Against the Lions (again!) he came in for an injured Rodgers (concussion) and had a 62.5 passer rating in a 7-3 loss. His only start last year was the next game against the Patriots. He did lead the Packers to a win 31-27 throwing for only 251 yards with 3 TDs and one INT, so that was pretty good, too.

I'm not saying he is not a good QB, Even having the Packers offense to work with, what he did last week was impressive. But let's keep it in perspective. 2 starts in 4 years is not enough to evaluate him on. I definitely would not be willing to outbid every other NFL team to get him in free agency. I'd rather save the money and take my chances on a rookie QB, but I think we will be fine with the QBs we have now if we address our other offensive needs (OC, o-line) first..
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Wow! The bandwagon is cruising in high gear. I hope you all have your seatbelts fastened.

People are getting all excited about Flyn based on one game? This is even worse than the Orton bandwagoners. At least he played 3 games with the Chiefs and has been a starter for years with Chicago and Denver, so we kind of know what we have with him.

Flynn had a great game against the Lions but he was playing with the NFL's best offense against the 23rd ranked defense. Despite making the playoffs, Detroit is really not that good.

Flynn also played extensively in 2 games last year. Against the Lions (again!) he came in for an injured Rodgers (concussion) and had a 62.5 passer rating in a 7-3 loss. His only start last year was the next game against the Patriots. He did lead the Packers to a win 31-27 throwing for only 251 yards with 3 TDs and one INT, so that was pretty good, too.

I'm not saying he is not a good QB, Even having the Packers offense to work with, what he did last week was impressive. But let's keep it in take my chances on a rookie QB, but I think we will be fine with the QBs we have now if we address our other offensive needs (OC, o-line) first..

They lost that game 31-27.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    They lost that game 31-27.
    You are right. My bad.

So he is 1-1 as a starter and 1-2 in games were he had the majority of snaps.

... with a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

My issue with Flynn is the same one we had with Cassel. Flynn has a great team around him so it will hide his weaknesses a little. Cassel had the same thing when he came in here.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    My issue with Flynn is the same one we had with Cassel. Flynn has a great team around him so it will hide his weaknesses a little. Cassel had the same thing when he came in here.
    True. It's hard to judge untill he plays for a team without such an elite offense.

I'm not saying he is not a good QB, Even having the Packers offense to work with, what he did last week was impressive. But let's keep it in perspective. 2 starts in 4 years is not enough to evaluate him on. I definitely would not be willing to outbid every other NFL team to get him in free agency. I'd rather save the money and take my chances on a rookie QB, but I think we will be fine with the QBs we have now if we address our other offensive needs (OC, o-line) first..
    Well by this logic we should not get excited over any QB. Anyone who is a proven winner has a job and wont be going anywhere. Of the FA QBs available Matt Flynn is the best choice. Otherwise draft another QB who will not be ready to play right away.

GB has a history of backup/scout team QB's who've become successful starters:

Matt Hasselbeck
    Kurt Warner
    Ty Detmer (decent enough)
    Brett Favre (only a backup for 2 games, but still...)
    Aaron Rodgers

We need a QB....saving money means jack sh!t to me seeing as we are millions under the cap. We have saved money before on rookie QBs yet here we are, still having the same QB conversation year after year.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    So what is the better alternative?? Sure...he might be like Cassel, OR he might be like Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Well by this logic we should not get excited over any QB. Anyone who is a proven winner has a job and wont be going anywhere. Of the FA QBs available Matt Flynn is the best choice. Otherwise draft another QB who will not be ready to play right away.

GB has a history of backup/scout team QB's who've become successful starters:

Matt Hasselbeck
    Kurt Warner
    Ty Detmer (decent enough)
    Brett Favre (only a backup for 2 games, but still...)
    Aaron Rodgers

We need a QB....saving money means jack sh!t to me seeing as we are millions under the cap. We have saved money before on rookie QBs yet here we are, still having the same QB conversation year after year.
    Good points. This gets really interesting IF Phillbin is hired as the head coach (and I would LOVE it if he brings Tom Clements as the KC OC!).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast