Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OK I have to say this !

Default OK I have to say this !

Larry Johnson , What are you saving your energy for ? I was at the game yesterday and he was lethargic . Walked everywhere , hands on his sides like he was tired . Every runningback is tought to keep your feet moving from pop warner league. He stopped moving the minute someone touched him. You all might have seen something different on TV . All I saw was a guy seeming to give up . Everyone was booing. I stayed strong because I believe in you , but damn man at least act like you wanna be in the game . I watched Colby Smith get the ball one time yesterday and ran like he was on fire and he had one life to live. Maybe you need an eye opener and sit on the bench and watch a rookie show you what the game is all about again from a guy who isn't a millionaire. Anyone who has been to my myspace knows Larry is my guy , but Damn..... I am truly disappointed in the way you are giving up . OK Let the bashing begin !

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Well geez!!! If LT can't run behind his line that won 14 games last year, he couldn't run behind our line this year and he's a better RB than Priest ever was, what makes people say Priest could run behind our line? Loyalty is one thing but seriously!!!
    I wouldn't say that. Priest originally set the records that LT broke. If you'd remember a quote from Priest though. He said "I remember when people were after me with tons of guys in the box, it doesn't matter though, you have to find a way to get yards." Or something like that. People are doing that to LT now, and he's sucking. His backup got more than him last week. Denver has one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, and they held him to like 60 yrds. Enough of that though, LT will probably get it going, but I wouldn't say Priest is so much worse. That's just ridiculous.

Maybe he got fat and happy with his new contract. I always find it funny when players have career years in the contract years. You would think with the kind of money these players get that they would play that hard all the time. Look at the titans with Albert Hayneworth, he has been a non factor for most of his career and now he is having a monster year. Why?????? It is his contract year!!!
    Welcome to Duval, prepare to be hit!!!! - Mike Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by scottone928 View Post
    Maybe he got fat and happy with his new contract. I always find it funny when players have career years in the contract years. You would think with the kind of money these players get that they would play that hard all the time. Look at the titans with Albert Hayneworth, he has been a non factor for most of his career and now he is having a monster year. Why?????? It is his contract year!!!
    Sadly, LJ wasn't even in a contract year. He just held-out and got it before the team could see what he is like without a train to run behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Priest originally set the records that LT broke. If you'd remember a quote from Priest though. He said "I remember when people were after me with tons of guys in the box, it doesn't matter though, you have to find a way to get yards." Or something like that. People are doing that to LT now, and he's sucking. His backup got more than him last week. Denver has one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, and they held him to like 60 yrds. Enough of that though, LT will probably get it going, but I wouldn't say Priest is so much worse. That's just ridiculous.
    Agreed. I think one reason why Priest has been hurt as much as he has is because he gives so much effort and tries so hard when he is on the field. I don't ever want to see Priest hurt again but I definately admire his work-ethic and perseverance.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No. That's all you are hearing. I hear alot about the poor offensive line.

LJ got paid a whole lot, because he was percieved as an incerdible talent, based on how well the offensive line played. Now he is up against real adversity and he is cowering. His "incredible talent" seems to have dissapeared.

During his holdout, he wanted to be paid like the best football player on Earth. Where is that billing at now? You sold yourself as that, then where is it?

Yes, you always heard about the great KC O-line. But who got the bigtime recognition out of their talent? Who got mentioned as the best player in the game? LJ became a household name and a highly over-rated player, because of the offensive line, now he is being bashed, because of the offensive line. I would say that that is fair, except that LJ has a $45 mil contract.

Like I said, Clearly it isn't his fault, but if you get the glory, you get the blame.

First off, LJ never got mentioned as the best player in the game!! Unless it was on a local station in KC but noone nationally ever mentioned him as the best player!

I still haven't heard what the problem in SD is? Same line as last year, same RB. Is it the scheme? The coach? Is LT overpaid?

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post

Broke the records in how many less years? LT's entire game is far superior to what Priests was.

Sadly, LJ wasn't even in a contract year. He just held-out and got it before the team could see what he is like without a train to run behind.
    Or a mediocre line!

First off, LJ never got mentioned as the best player in the game!! Unless it was on a local station in KC but noone nationally ever mentioned him as the best player!

Well, he was mentioned as one of the best in the game. And that was due to the efforts of the Chiefs' offensive line. So then you take the good with the bad.

I still haven't heard what the problem in SD is? Same line as last year, same RB. Is it the scheme? The coach? Is LT overpaid?
    Well, in my opinion, it has to be all of the coaching changes. Not only did they fire Marty, but they also lost both of their coordinators. They have to call plays based on alot of differnt things that they see, have seen and expect to see, from other teams. A whole new vision, in that regard, means a whole new offense, in alot of cases. And I think the Chargers are one of those cases.

Or a mediocre line!
    Agreed.

Well, in my opinion, it has to be all of the coaching changes. Not only did they fire Marty, but they also lost both of their coordinators. They have to call plays based on alot of differnt things that they see, have seen and expect to see, from other teams. A whole new vision, in that regard, means a whole new offense, in alot of cases. And I think the Chargers are one of those cases.

Agreed.

Well this is kind of my point. New coach, new coordinators. Same GM.

This is where I think Marty got screwed! He and the GM didn't see eye to eye so he got the axe. After going 14-2 I might add!

Broke the records in how many less years? LT's entire game is far superior to what Priests was.
    How about the single-season TD record? Priest's first year was with the Ravens in 2000, then went to the Chiefs in 2001. Two years later he set the single-season TD record for a RB. Three years later, LT re-set it. Both have had O-line comparisons of being the best in the NFL. I'm failing to see how LT is so superior to Priest. Is it because he can throw the ball? Or because he's working with a better O-line now? They're even and you know it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast