Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OK I have to say this !

Default OK I have to say this !

Larry Johnson , What are you saving your energy for ? I was at the game yesterday and he was lethargic . Walked everywhere , hands on his sides like he was tired . Every runningback is tought to keep your feet moving from pop warner league. He stopped moving the minute someone touched him. You all might have seen something different on TV . All I saw was a guy seeming to give up . Everyone was booing. I stayed strong because I believe in you , but damn man at least act like you wanna be in the game . I watched Colby Smith get the ball one time yesterday and ran like he was on fire and he had one life to live. Maybe you need an eye opener and sit on the bench and watch a rookie show you what the game is all about again from a guy who isn't a millionaire. Anyone who has been to my myspace knows Larry is my guy , but Damn..... I am truly disappointed in the way you are giving up . OK Let the bashing begin !

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    How about the single-season TD record? Priest's first year was with the Ravens in 2000, then went to the Chiefs in 2001. Two years later he set the single-season TD record for a RB. Three years later, LT re-set it. Both have had O-line comparisons of being the best in the NFL. I'm failing to see how LT is so superior to Priest. Is it because he can throw the ball? Or because he's working with a better O-line now? They're even and you know it.
    I don't know it and I bet you can't find 10 impartial people that would agree with you! LT is being compared to the all time best players in the game. EVER! I never heard those comparisons about Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I don't know it and I bet you can't find 10 impartial people that would agree with you! LT is being compared to the all time best players in the game. EVER! I never heard those comparisons about Priest.
    Because he's with the Chiefs. When has any REALLY good Chiefs player been compared to the best in the history of the NFL? DT had the single-game sack record, and still does. I never hear anyone talking about him being the greatest LB ever. TG? I hear talk about him being one of the greatest TEs, he's one of the only Chiefs I've ever heard anyone talk about though, as far as being one of the greatest in history. LT gets that kind of praise because he plays in SD. The only way Priest would get that kind of praise is if he put up 2000 yrds rushing per season, and broke almost every rushing record in the book like Emmit Smith did.

Well this is kind of my point. New coach, new coordinators. Same GM.

This is where I think Marty got screwed! He and the GM didn't see eye to eye so he got the axe. After going 14-2 I might add!
    Yeah. What's the point? I feel the exact same way about that.

DT was awesome!!! That guy just had a motor that was turbo-charged in him. I loved to watch him play..
    Welcome to Duval, prepare to be hit!!!! - Mike Peterson

Wow, it just does not seem like it was seven years ago when DT passed away does it!!! It seems like only yesterday when he was flying all over the field reacking havock!! Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by scottone928 View Post
    DT was awesome!!! That guy just had a motor that was turbo-charged in him. I loved to watch him play..

Ohh. Fishing for "brownie points" ehh?

That will always do it. Rep added.

No brownie points!! But I will call a spade a spade. I have always thought he and TG were just exceptional at thier positions. I like TG too, he is a beast of a tightend. He torched us for 100 yards, the dude is just a horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Because he's with the Chiefs. When has any REALLY good Chiefs player been compared to the best in the history of the NFL? DT had the single-game sack record, and still does. I never hear anyone talking about him being the greatest LB ever. TG? I hear talk about him being one of the greatest TEs, he's one of the only Chiefs I've ever heard anyone talk about though, as far as being one of the greatest in history. LT gets that kind of praise because he plays in SD. The only way Priest would get that kind of praise is if he put up 2000 yrds rushing per season, and broke almost every rushing record in the book like Emmit Smith did.
    DT is my favorite player but I am not niave enough to say he was the best LB ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. What's the point? I feel the exact same way about that.
    The whole
    GM thing compared to the coach.

The whole
    GM thing compared to the coach.
    Yeah, but everyone knew about that animosity and it is an exceptionally rare relationship. And totally irrelevant to the relationship between Herm and Peterson. When a GM drafts players that the head coach doesn't want, it becomes pretty big news. Those things don't happen often.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast