Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crap.

Default Crap.

I haven't been on at all lately not only because I'm busy, but also because I really have nothing to say.

If I talk about football at all right now, it's just going to be a bunch of pessimism rolled up into some colourful phrases and four-letter words.

I read a lot of the posts and got caught back up but I still have nothing to say. I agree with about all kinds of stuff in his latest rant. That really stings because I wanted to punch him for his article about Priest. I guess, the truth really does hurt.

I can't disagree with anybody who wants to talk crap about the Chiefs at this point. I simply don't have the heart for it. I can't argue with any ideas and viewpoints presented because I lack the motivation and desire. Besides, I am learning now that most everybody's opinions and plans for this team will probably prove just as effective as the people being paid to make the decisions.

We should have dominated the injury-laden, mediocre denver donkeys. We should not have lost two in a row at home in a much-needed home stretch book-ended by tough road-trips at the beginning and end of the season.

I'm pissed and I'm depressed. I've seen it too much and too often. This franchise is a joke and I'm not laughing. Hope is a fleeting thing, becoming increasingly harder to grasp and I'm not sure I want to expend the energy and emotion neccessary to obtain it once again. I see this season going down in flames after being teased by how things started. I'm glad I had at least half a season of excitement, I guess but the sting would probably be less if we had just lived up (or down) to nearly everybody's expectations.

I am simply sick from obsessing over something over which I have no degree of control. I can only watch the same damn thing so many times, year after year, until I eventually become so jaded to it that I no longer care. Or, even worse, so disgusted by it that I can no longer enjoy the excitement and intensity provided by the NFL season/playoffs. I have to take a step back. I'm sorry. I'm done. If the Chiefs are to change their ways, they will have to do it with me watching quietly from the back row.

Peace -

- Another too-tired and disgruntled Chiefs' fan.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    It's not just you. That seems to be the general consensus. I never said you had problems. I'm going to KC this weekend to support the Chiefs. It's a vacation.
    Are you gonna eat a prime rib at Plaza III?

You really should, they are like $25 bucks but well friggin worth it!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I do NOT misunderstand your position here at all. I also think the Chiefs are making us fans look like fools.

Carl is the biggest problem we have as fans, and I don't know anyone except timsatt that thinks otherwise.

So much improvement on defense is getting ME stoked up!

I don't know sh!t about defensive schemes, so am just happy to see pressure on opposing QB's.

If you aren't here posting your opinions there is a sense of intimidation from others posting on the board defending your standpoint.

I have endless optimism about the Chiefs and I too sit and watch every second of the game with wide eyed anticipation.

When things go south I cry into my beer, and if that is part of why you have quit posting I will try even more to desist.

In the NFL ANYFRIGGINTHING can happen (Steelers 2 years ago) and it is still OK to root for OUR Chiefs!!!

Until we are out of this thing for good, I say we keep some optimism, and post our opinions (for or against performance) because even losers have lucky days!

Chin up Guru and thank you for responding.

I appreciate it!

Nobody on this site intimidates me. I just got tired of all the arguing. I feel crappy enough after losses (and even some wins) and don't need someone telling me everything I say is wrong. I feel the way I feel and have every right to feel that way after all these years. Someone doesn't like it? TOUGH!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Dont get greedy now.
    In the final game in AFL history, the Chiefs became the league’s only three-time champions, defeating the Raiders by a 17-7 count at Oakland (1/4). Making the victory even more satisfying for the Chiefs was the fact that the Raiders players had to sheepishly walk out of the stadium with the luggage they had packed for New Orleans and Super Bowl IV. During the days preceding Kansas City’s clash with the heavily-favored Vikings, unsubstantiated media reports associating Dawson with a known gambler hounded the Chiefs quarterback. The night before the game, Ed Sabol of NFL Films approached Vikings coach Bud Grant about being miked for the game. Grant declined, but Stram accepted. As both the Chiefs and the cameras rolled, Stram clamored for his team to run “65 toss power trap” and to “keep matriculating the ball down the field.” The Chiefs used the game as a crusade for the American Football League and wore “AFL-10” patches which referred to the league’s 10-year existence. The Chiefs used three Stenerud FGs and a Garrett TD run to take a 16-0 halftime lead. A dynamic 46-yard TD pass from Dawson to Taylor in the third quarter sealed the victory as Dawson was named the game’s Most Valuable Player. Perhaps the grittiest performance of the day came from S Johnny Robinson, who registered two interceptions and a fumble recovery despite playing with three broken ribs. At approximately 5:20 PM, the final seconds ticked off the clock at Tulane Stadium as the biggest moment in Kansas City sports history came to a peak as the Chiefs were crowned World Champions by claiming a 23-7 victory in Super Bowl IV (1/11). A victory parade ensued upon the club’s triumphant return to Kansas City the following day.
    I have one already. I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Nobody on this site intimidates me. I just got tired of all the arguing. I feel crappy enough after losses (and even some wins) and don't need someone telling me everything I say is wrong. I feel the way I feel and have every right to feel that way after all these years. Someone doesn't like it? TOUGH!!!
    Tough titty said the kitty...etc...

Just do it more often.

I know you have responsibilities as a mod/admin and dont' have all the time in the world, but YOU are part of what makes this site great.

Why the F do you think I am still here?

We have the best Chiefs fans in the world.

I live amongst quite a few and get tired of a one sided view of them all the time.

anaeel pointed something out that makes me love the site so much.

Most of the fans here are from other than KC, and that helps a debate.

Homer or not I think everyone should be sharing their opinions or this site is just another news forum.

Can't wait til we have a couple of guys on the field, or press box reporting, hopefully with dissenting view points!!!

Go Chiefs Crowd!!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Are you gonna eat a prime rib at Plaza III?

You really should, they are like $25 bucks but well friggin worth it!
    While on the Plaza Saturday night, I've decided to eat at Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ and then walk over to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    While on the Plaza Saturday night, I've decided to eat at Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ and then walk over to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Cheesecake...

That place is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Dont get greedy now.
    But that is the American way.

Why the F do you think I am still here?
    Because we haven't banned you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    But that is the American way.

Because we haven't banned you yet.
    And thanks for that guy!

I assume there was a board meeting, and the vote was 3-1...

And thanks for that guy!

I assume there was a board meeting, and the vote was 3-1...

Yeah, but coach counted his vote as more important than the other three votes.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah, but coach counted his vote as more important than the other three votes.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast