Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills discussion thread......

Default Bills discussion thread......

I don't know about anybody else, but I am worried sick about the Bills. I think this game has trap with a capitol T written all over it....

As TopekaRoy pointed out in another thread, the last 2 games we have allowed the Browns and the Texans 92% of their average points per game. Much worse than the 50 or so % we had been averaging. And the Browns and Texans are two of the better teams we have faced.

The Bills are 3-5, but they have played some good teams......Their losses have been to the Patriots, Jets, Browns, Bengals and Saints. Those are NOT easy teams. Their wins have been against the Panthers, Ravens and Dolphins and none of them are pushovers.

The Bills have scored 176 points for an average of 22 points per game. And they have done it against some pretty good teams....not the NFC East. If they score 92% of their average for the first 8 games then they will score 20 or 21 points against us. The most we have allowed this season. And the Bills will be playing at home so I can see that being good for an extra 3 points. So maybe 23 or 24 points.

The Bills have allowed 213 points this season for an average of 27 points per game. And as I said above, that has been against some pretty good teams.

I think we are going to need a MINIMUM of 25 points to win this game. In their 5 losses the Bills opponents have scored an average of 30 points per game to get the win and I don't see us putting up 30 points.

I think the Bills are going to be our toughest opponent yet and they always play us tough.

I REALLY want us to go into the bye week 9-0, but I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 10-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    They give us problems? We beat them! Doors is speaking like we are going to lose all of these games we are playing because we cannot handle mobile QBs but we handle them better than the other defenses they face
    There's a difference between saying they give us problems and saying we can't beat them. All Doobs said is that mobile QBs give us trouble he not once said we will lose just that it's not a given that we will win.

You can be critical of a team and not be bashing you can talk about areas that need work and not say we are going to lose or that the sky is falling. Chill out a little. Doobs was just stating an opinion on an area that he thinks needs work no need to make a big deal about it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Lol..we are gonna get "clobbered"? They say we won't get more then ten wins..lol.. Vegas does think we're gonna lose -3.. one gone at a time..I really INt to see us take more shots down middle of field.

Also, the Bills have a good pass rush and if they can get that going earlier than cleveland did, it could get ugly for KC's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Interesting. I was on a Buffalo forum and everyone seemed to think that we really aren't that good and that they fully expect to win this game. Then I come on this forum and read between the lines that the folk here really don't think we are that good and that we fully expect to lose this game. Then I go on CBS, ESPN, NFL.com and all I read is that the Chiefs are the worst 8-0 team in the history of the NFL. Well F all of you. This is the most fun I've had in many years. Maybe we do suck. But we are 8-0. The only team in the NFL that can say confidently that they are better than eight other teams at this stage.
    I think I just got F'd and did not even feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Also, the Bills have a good pass rush and if they can get that going earlier than cleveland did, it could get ugly for KC's offense.
    This.

Buck fuffalo
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I recall reading that the Chiefs had not faced a mobile QB before Pryor? The Chiefs Defense may have missed on a few plays but they did handle enough to win the game? I think Vick was wearing a cast and using crutches during the game we barely squeaked out against the eagles. This is NOT a trap game. Win or loose. If the Chiefs were going to have a trap game it was the browns. It seems that the new leadership knows how to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Interesting. I was on a Buffalo forum and everyone seemed to think that we really aren't that good and that they fully expect to win this game. Then I come on this forum and read between the lines that the folk here really don't think we are that good and that we fully expect to lose this game. Then I go on CBS, ESPN, NFL.com and all I read is that the Chiefs are the worst 8-0 team in the history of the NFL. Well F all of you. This is the most fun I've had in many years. Maybe we do suck. But we are 8-0. The only team in the NFL that can say confidently that they are better than eight other teams at this stage.
    I've said it before I'll say it again...If the Chiefs want respect from the media, gotta earn it.

With that being said, take whatever the talking heads at whatever sports media you pick with a HUGE grain of salt. Right now a lot of people are very jealous of us being 8-0. So out comes the little dismissals, whining and complaining from people who simply do not want to accept the truth.

Chiefs and Bills have a long history, Chiefs Like to BBQ Buffalo, buffalo does not like to be BBQ!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I've said it before I'll say it again...If the Chiefs want respect from the media, gotta earn it.

With that being said, take whatever the talking heads at whatever sports media you pick with a HUGE grain of salt. Right now a lot of people are very jealous of us being 8-0. So out comes the little dismissals, whining and complaining from people who simply do not want to accept the truth.
    Personally, I don't pay any regard to the media hype and the Chiefs players, coaches, etc, shouldn't either. The best approach is currently the one that the team is employing right now -- take them down one game at a time.

I would love nothing more than for the Chiefs to kick the living crap out of Buffalo this Sunday and the Chiefs have played reasonably well on the road this year, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for the "kicking the crap out of Buffalo" that I just stated above, it's because that 1993 AFC Championship game still really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The better team didn't win and advance to the Super Bowl. Two plays really stand out from that game.

1. The pass that Kimble Anders had delivered to him perfectly by Joe Montana at the goal line that Anders didn't catch, but instead Anders let it bounce right off him and into the hands of Buffalo Safety Henry Jones. Not getting that TD really hurt the Chiefs & 99 times out of 100 Anders catches that ball, but that would have to that he didn't when it really counted. Anders probably still has nightmares about that to this day.

2. THIS IS ONE THAT REALLY FROSTS ME AND I'VE NEVER GOTTEN OVER IT. The deliberate spearing with his helmut by Buffalo NT Jeff Wright to the back of Joe Montana's head that caused a concussion and knocked Montana out of the game, that came after Montana had thrown the ball. Wright should have been penalized and thrown out of the game as it was a deliberate attempt to knock Montana out and Wright knew Montana had gotten rid of the ball. Don't anybody try to feed me any BS about it being similar to the hit that you see in the vid below when Leonard Marshall KO'd Montana in the 1990 NFC Championship game because that hit by Marshall was legit and Montana still had the ball in his hand when Marshall hit him. Marshall HAS to make that hit and Montana was in a bad position when the hit came. Wright's deliberate spearing of Montana with the helmut in the 1993 AFC Championship wasn't necessary.

That's why I SO thoroughly enjoyed the Chiefs 38-5 drubbing of the Bills on a Sunday night game in 2003. And I hope Buffalo never sees any post-season success ever again.

Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-30-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast