Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is our def. coordinator??

Default Who is our def. coordinator??

Any news on this?? Its been a while since there have been coaching announcing

Is he on our team all ready? if yes why isn't he shown to the media?

I don't know yet. The team hasn't announced it. When they do I'm sure someone will start a thread about it...
    SHUT IT

No announcements. I can tell you that it's certainly going to be either Gibbs, Pendergast, or Crennel if he's hired.

The likely scenario that's going on right now is that Pioli is trying to hire Crennel to be the DC, and that's why Gibbs and Pendergast's positions have yet to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    No announcements. I can tell you that it's certainly going to be either Gibbs, Pendergast, or Crennel if he's hired.

The likely scenario that's going on right now is that Pioli is trying to hire Crennel to be the DC, and that's why Gibbs and Pendergast's positions have yet to be announced.
    but isn't pendergast and gibbs only proven coordinators and LB coaches??? aren't one of them going to teach a new position if crennel is hired

Quote Originally Posted by budde View Post
    but isn't pendergast and gibbs only proven coordinators and LB coaches??? aren't one of them going to teach a new position if crennel is hired
    Pendergast did a lot of work with the DBs when he was on the Cowboys. So he'd likely become the DB coach and Gibbs the LB coach if Crennel's hired.

EDIT: oops, Joel Collier is DB coach... but he has a lot of experience as a RB coach as well, so maybe he'd move over to coach RBs.

yeah there could be a lot of shuffling.
    Last edited by yashi; 02-26-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Seriously, why so long on Crennel? Get it done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Seriously, why so long on Crennel? Get it done already.
    Exactly, there brilliance and then you cross the line into redundancy?.!?

Romeo's agent has reported that Crennel is no longer a candidate for the DC job in Kansas City for 2009. He wants to rest his hip following his surgery.

Look for the Chiefs to name Gary Gibbs or Clancy Pendergast as DC sometime tomorrow(Friday).

Bummer, I really wanted Crennel. But I'll be glad to have some closure around the issue.

That is a bummer. I was a little excited about the prospect of getting Crennel. Oh well, and life moves on!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Romeo's agent has reported that Crennel is no longer a candidate for the DC job in Kansas City for 2009. He wants to rest his hip following his surgery.

Look for the Chiefs to name Gary Gibbs or Clancy Pendergast as DC sometime tomorrow(Friday).

Bummer, I really wanted Crennel. But I'll be glad to have some closure around the issue.
    the agent only said that how situation looked now he will focus on his rehab.. Maybe in a couble a month he will be ready...

will it effect the team that they don't announce the position until then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast