Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Tony Gonzales News !

Default Latest Tony Gonzales News !

Rumors are flying around the message boards and have been talked about on NFL network about Tony Gonzales having cleaned out his Locker . NFL Network is stating that there is an 80-85% chance that he is traded or about to be.

link:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc1f1b
    Last edited by YZILLA; 04-13-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    ya but their division is a lot tougher than ours Id have to say.

We could quite possibly take this division next year.

The Saints, Bucs and Panthers are all very competitive.
    I think the Bucs are about to fall apart in a big way (they got too old and have no QB), and I think the Panthers have underachived for the past five years. The Saints have a terrific offense, but they haven't made their terrible defense any better than it was last year.

I think Atlanta, Tony G. or not, wins that division in a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    The AFC NFC tthing your commenting on is a matter of oppinion
    No, it isn't. The AFC is by far the better conference right now. 11-5 AFC teams aren't making the playoffs. 9-6-1 NFC teams are. The AFC is clobbering the NFC in head-to-head. Six of the last eight SB winners are from the AFC, and the two NFC winners were flukey (Bucs/Raiders and Giants/Pats). This really isn't a debatable point.

By the way, the Steelers had the most difficult NFL schedule of all time in 2008, and they won the SB. How do you think they'll do in 2009 with an easy schedule?

I admire your enthusiasm, but you're nuts if you think that the Chiefs have a better chance at a championship than the Falcons next season. The Chiefs have the harder 2009 schedule, and they are implementing new schemes on the offense and defense. If we win eight games next year, Pioli/Haley are executive/coach of the year.

^The NFL is a business, not a family.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I didn't say that KC has a better chance but realistically, why would any player with a choice want to uproot their family to join a team that has the same odds of being in the SB as the team he is already on? What I am trying to say is this, the Chiefs have just as good a chance of having just as good a season as ATL right now. You don't have a clue one about how well ATL will do in the up coming season just the same as neither of us knows how well the Chiefs will do, IMO , I believe the Chiefs are just as good a team as the Falcons with the right p[layers added in the draft. Look at Miami last year, look at ATL, niether team was expected to do as well as they did let alone win their divisions. Just because it happened last year doesn't mean it will happen in the upcoming season, the past has proven that each year is different and on any give Sunday any team can win the game over any other team.
    Except . . . as I pointed out KC doesn't have the same chance. They have a worse team making offensive and defensive transitions in a harder conference. We have a chance of winning the division, but we aren't beating Pittsburgh or the Pats on the road in the playoffs in 2009. We're all homers here, but come on, you know this is true. And I'll bet you $100 right now that Atlanta wins more games in 2009.

I totally believe that the reason the AFC had 11 -5 teams sitting out of the playoffs is due the way the league is set up, no way should of San Diego been in there over the Pats or Jets IMO but since the playoffs are set up to take Division winners it happened. The NFC is a bit more evenly matched up which is why so many teams had records with more losses but that certainly means that the AFC is better than the NFC at the moment but Chicago has a shot as well as the Saints (If they get a Defense) The Bucs will fall, the Eagles will be a toss up and the Giants will be in the hunt. Seattle will have a place in the playoffs as will the Cards. I think in the AFC West the Chiefs will actually have a shot at winning the division, everybody will have a crappy record like last year but atleast we will do much better then last year maybe even have a shot at the playoffs which is where I see ATL so to end where I began, the Chiefs have just as good a shot at being in the playoffs as ATL,why would Gonz wanna leave for that?I wouldn't wanna do it but maybe they will pay him a truck load of doe who knows. It is a professional thing, we are all ameture guessers which is why we don't get paid to do it for any of the 32 teams LOL!!!!
    btw, I am nuts dude ;)
    The Chiefs have a shot of winning the AFC West and making the playoffs - not a good shot, but a shot. But they're not winning the AFC in 2009. Not with a new QB, new schemes, new starters at most positions, and powerhouse rivals like the Steelers, Colts, or Pats in the conference.

Atlanta is the prohibitive favorite to win the NFC South and there is no top tier team like the Steelers, Colts, or Pats in the NFC.

I love both the Chiefs and Tony G., but I have to admit Tony has a better chance of winning a ring with Atlanta in 2009 than with us. By the time we're ready to compete with the big boys for a conference championship, it will be 2010 or 2011, and Tony's window will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    ATL is no place for a ring. Not that they are a bad team, but they aren't a great one. Ofcourse you could say the same thing about us, but we have Scott Pioli.
    I agree. You want to win a ring, so you go to ATL?????? Give me a break. He has just a good of chance to win a ring anywhere else in the league. I don't think anyone is picking ATL to go to the superbowl next year. I can't imagine that TG is at all happy about this possibly happening. ATL's 2nd round pick is at #55.

Ive heard alot of rumors that the Chiefs have rejected the Falcons offer, because they feel Tony is worth more than the 55th pick in the draft....AGREED.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I agree. You want to win a ring, so you go to ATL?????? Give me a break. He has just a good of chance to win a ring anywhere else in the league. I don't think anyone is picking ATL to go to the superbowl next year. I can't imagine that TG is at all happy about this possibly happening. ATL's 2nd round pick is at #55.
    Who, exactly, are people picking from the NFC? The Plaxico-less Giants (lost 4 of 5 without him to end the season)? The perennially choking Eagles? The QB-less Vikings? The flukey Cardinals? The Cowboys? The Redskins? Who?

Why not the Falcons?

It's a turkey shoot in that conference. Who picked Giants or Cards these past two years to win the NFC?

An offense with that good young OL, Roddy White, TG, Michael Turner, and Matt Ryan would be pretty fearsome, and that defense isn't exactly a sieve.

I'll bet anyone right here right now $100 that Atlanta is at least in the final four of the NFC. If Tony G. gets traded there, I'll bet another $100 that they make the NFC championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Who, exactly, are people picking from the NFC? The Plaxico-less Giants (lost 4 of 5 without him to end the season)? The perennially choking Eagles? The QB-less Vikings? The flukey Cardinals? The Cowboys? The Redskins? Who?

Why not the Falcons?

It's a turkey shoot in that conference. Who picked Giants or Cards these past two years to win the NFC?

An offense with that good young OL, Roddy White, TG, Michael Turner, and Matt Ryan would be pretty fearsome, and that defense isn't exactly a sieve.

I'll bet anyone right here right now $100 that Atlanta is at least in the final four of the NFC. If Tony G. gets traded there, I'll bet another $100 that they make the NFC championship.
    I'll take both of those bets. Real money or arrowcash, you pick.

And you're right, it's a crapshoot in the NFC. So why not go to a team that is a favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Wow, I will take you up on both of those bets if you want too, and I mean Real CASH!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I guess I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    Adam Teicher on Tony G and the Falcons

it will be a sad sad day in chiefs land, but if they offer a 2nd rd pick he gone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast