Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE? KEEP? OR let go for nothing, that is the ?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default TRADE? KEEP? OR let go for nothing, that is the ?

it is known that the chiefs are shopping Wesley around. it is said,by the media,beleive it or not, that the donkies are willing to give the chiefs what they want for him.But the chiefs dont want to send him to a afc west team. I think he`s getting around 2.7 mil this year. the backup safties are fine with hermmie so do you keep him, cut him and and nothing in return or have a high price back up?
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Hell, I have no problem with trading with the Donx if it is only offer on the table and it is fair. Why let the Donx get him for nothing?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I agree with Guru, if the Donks are willing to compensate, where noone else is, then it makes good sense, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Hell, I have no problem with trading with the Donx if it is only offer on the table and it is fair. Why let the Donx get him for nothing?

I agree; yeah it's the donks but it solves the problem.

Sounds like Carl doesn't want Wesley having a break out season against the Chiefs.
    You all know me!

-Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor)

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think trade him. get what you can and save some bucks. if he does have a break out year, he can only do it against us twice.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i think trade him. get what you can and save some bucks. if he does have a break out year, he can only do it against us twice.
    Yeah but King Carl doesn't want egg on his face...again.
    You all know me!

-Eddie Murphy (The Nutty Professor)

nobody really wants to see Wesley on the field for the Chiefs as long as Pollard and Paige are the future at the safety position. As far as trading him to Denver is concerned, we only play the team twice. It's one thing to trade a guy like Larry Johnson to Denver, but Gregg Wesley isn't going to make or break the Bronco's season. Lets get what we can instead of releasing the him and getting nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    nobody really wants to see Wesley on the field for the Chiefs as long as Pollard and Paige are the future at the safety position. As far as trading him to Denver is concerned, we only play the team twice. It's one thing to trade a guy like Larry Johnson to Denver, but Gregg Wesley isn't going to make or break the Bronco's season. Lets get what we can instead of releasing the him and getting nothing in return.

Eggzactly!

The options are not trade or release. If the Chiefs won't trade him to the Broncos, they are not going to cut him and let him go to Denver. The options are keep him or trade him. I am sure they are looking for other suitors who can get close to what the broncos offer (does anyone know what that is?). I agree to let him go. That said ---

Are all of you CRAZY? Are you Broncos fans on drugs? Wesley have a break out season? What about Wesley being posterized by the Chiefs receivers?

Nov 13, 2005 - Wesley single-handedly lost the game in Buffalo by being beat on 2 TD's for a final score of 14-3. (The other culprit there is gone already - LT and his 2 missed fieldgoals, but the way the defense was playing that day, 3-0 would have stuck.) That was the "break-out" game for Loseman. I think the Bills had 160 yards of offense. 60+ on the 2 TD's Wesley gave up.

Did you not hear Edwards say that the Chiefs receives cannot be covered in practice last year? And that is the 4th & 5th receivers (Webb & the other guy). Know why they couldn't be covered? They were going against our secondary.

I say trade him. Get what you can. But make sure he ends up in the AFCWest. Let us have a shot at him.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast