Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I used to like Vermeil

Default I used to like Vermeil

Until this... yuck:

"While popular opinion might suggest that Johnson was brought to town to back up Clinton Portis, one of Johnson's former coaches has a bold prediction. "He will take over the running back position," said Dick Vermeil, who coached Johnson in Kansas City from 2003 to '05. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy right out of a job." Reported by the Washington Post

The Redskins signed Johnson last week to a three-year contract. Portis, who missed the final eight games last season after suffering a season-ending concussion, returns for his ninth NFL season. He's been the Redskins' starter since joining the team in 2004. Though he's two years older than Portis, Johnson has 755 fewer carries. While the two might begin training camp sharing the workload, Vermeil expects Johnson to open eyes at practice. He says Johnson helped push Priest Holmes, the Chiefs' incumbent running back in Kansas City seven years ago, and Vermeil says he'll push Portis now -- until he surpasses him."
    -tg1979

I fail to see why that makes you mad/
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

People also laughed at Vermeil when he called Priest "A poor man's Marshall Faulk." I wouldn't be surprised if LJ does pass Portis. Portis, all be it more classy, has hit the wall arguably even harder than LJ and has been riddled by all sorts of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I fail to see why that makes you mad/
    LJ in general just makes me mad, therefore anyone who supports him makes me mad as well, lol. Plus I've always liked Portis for some reason, I'd hate to see him replaced by the likes of Johnson.
    -tg1979

why johnson was a great back for the chiefs for 3 full years. How come no one respects that? So what he left the chiefs get over it, we have a player who hopefully can be as good as he was in jamal charles. nothing last forever. Just wait a couple of more years until jamal charles leaves town and then the cycle of the nfl will just continue spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    why johnson was a great back for the chiefs for 3 full years. How come no one respects that? So what he left the chiefs get over it, we have a player who hopefully can be as good as he was in jamal charles. nothing last forever. Just wait a couple of more years until jamal charles leaves town and then the cycle of the nfl will just continue spinning.
    How about because LJ was a douche bag who spit on women, treated his team and fans like sh!t and gave up just after he hosed us for a $45 million contract. Thats why I have absolutely no respect for a piece of sh!t like Larry Johnson.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Anybody can be great running behind Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann. Charles would have had 4000 yards rushing.

I think hes right. Larry is going to want to prove to all of us that he can still do it. When Larry is fired up he can be a good RB I think he will have a good season this year. Its after that the Redskins will regret this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    How about because LJ was a douche bag who spit on women, treated his team and fans like sh!t and gave up just after he hosed us for a $45 million contract. Thats why I have absolutely no respect for a piece of sh!t like Larry Johnson.
    Guess you'll really sh*t when he puts up numbers eh?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Anybody can be great running behind Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann. Charles would have had 4000 yards rushing.
    Lay off the home grown bud! 4000 yds?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast