Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Again you speak like your opinion is fact.

And with our running game do we need much more the 200 yards passing every week?

But like its been said what he has done before doesn't really matter good or bad HE HAS NEVER PLAYED FOR ANDY REID that's a FACT. Stop acting like you know what Reid is going to do with him. Unless your in contact with Reid. I would need some proof of that then I'll take you seriously.

He has NEVER thrown for 3200 yards. Why would I believe that he can lead an offense? When a qb goes out and throws for 185 yards a game who does that remind you of? I know you know this.

Yes we need a quarterback who can throw for more yards and lead the offense, we had a running game with the last regime with a conservative quarterback and look how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Trent Green never threw for 3500 yards prior to coming to KC, then proceeded to do it 5 years in a row from 2001-2005.

Point is, what Alex Smith did in SF is irrelevant, it's what he does in KC that counts now & nobody knows for certain what's going to happen.
    Agreed. Andy Reid has proven himself to be a night and day different coach from Mike Singletary or Romeo Crennel, especially when it comes to dealing with QB's, let alone offense as a whole.

MyManHali;280370]He has NEVER thrown for 3200 yards. Why would I believe that he can lead an offense? When a qb goes out and throws for 185 yards a game who does that remind you of? I know you know this.

Yes we need a quarterback who can throw for more yards and lead the offense, we had a running game with the last regime with a conservative quarterback and look how that turned out.
    Yet again I say that Alex Smith has NEVER played for Andy Reid. NEVER. How do you know what Reid is going to do with him? Are you in contact with Reid? Show me proof that you are and I'll jump on board with you.

Other Questions I have asked in this thread that you have yet to answer
    1. Is giving up 10 sacks in 2 games good? Or would you say O line help is needed?

2. Why do you hold having talent around him against the QBs you don't like but not against Geno?Did Geno not have one of the best WRs in this draft?

3. Can you tell me that Albert is going to come back 100% With his back issues he had last year? If so how are you his doctor?

4. Can you tell me that Jocekel is not better then Albert? If so how?

5. Can you tell me that Albert will sign long term?

Once you answer these questions with answers other then just your opinion I will jump on board with this being a "latral move"
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. Andy Reid has proven himself to be a night and day different coach from Mike Singletary or Romeo Crennel, especially when it comes to dealing with QB's, let alone offense as a whole.
    I'll admit that when I first heard of the deal for Alex Smith, I wasn't sure what to make of it. After thinking it through, I came to the realization of Andy Reid's track record with QB's & considered the possibility that maybe Reid's Offense would maybe get more out of Smith, than those Offensive systems in SF did. In SF, it was a lot like Marty-ball.

Of course, I had seen Smith, up close and personal on Sept. 26, 2010 and it wasn't his fault that the Niners lost to the Chiefs 31-10 in that game. His O-Line played awful, the play-calling stunk, their Defense was awful, but in spite of a hopeless situation, Smith never quit & he did not turn the ball over repeatedly. There was one pick by Flowers of a tipped pass & that was the only turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'll admit that when I first heard of the deal for Alex Smith, I wasn't sure what to make of it. After thinking it through, I came to the realization of Andy Reid's track record with QB's & considered the possibility that maybe Reid's Offense would maybe get more out of Smith, than those Offensive systems in SF did. In SF, it was a lot like Marty-ball.

Of course, I had seen Smith, up close and personal on Sept. 26, 2010 and it wasn't his fault that the Niners lost to the Chiefs 31-10 in that game. His O-Line played awful, the play-calling stunk, their Defense was awful, but in spite of a hopeless situation, Smith never quit & he did not turn the ball over repeatedly. There was one pick by Flowers of a tipped pass & that was the only turnover.
    Actually...it was Martyball...kinda sorta...Jimmy Raye (That name ring any bells, chiefs fans?)was the offensive cooridinator in SF when Smith came onboard. Don't remember a thing about his offenses, outside of the fact he took running back by committee to new extremes.

You're not alone. I'm still not 100% on Alex Smith, mainly because of what we gave up for him. That's also why I say if the trade goes through with Albert, and we get a 2nd round pick, go ahead and draft another QB to develop (Hey there's a shot Geno or Tyler Wilson will be available in the 2nd round.). What could it hurt? It would be like getting three birds with one stone (LT with long term potential, a free agent QB that was sought after by the new head coach, and a QB worth developing).

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Actually...it was Martyball...kinda sorta...Jimmy Raye (That name ring any bells, chiefs fans?)was the offensive cooridinator in SF when Smith came onboard. Don't remember a thing about his offenses, outside of the fact he took running back by committee to new extremes.

You're not alone. I'm still not 100% on Alex Smith, mainly because of what we gave up for him. That's also why I say if the trade goes through with Albert, and we get a 2nd round pick, go ahead and draft another QB to develop (Hey there's a shot Geno or Tyler Wilson will be available in the 2nd round.). What could it hurt? It would be like getting three birds with one stone (LT with long term potential, a free agent QB that was sought after by the new head coach, and a QB worth developing).
    It wouldn't hurt anything and with 9 draft picks, I would love for them to double-dip at the QB position and use the other 7 picks to bolster other areas. The reason I say double-dip at the QB position is because the Chiefs are ZERO for 17 drafting QB's since 1970, but never before have they double-dipped at the QB position, so in doing that, just maybe they'll finally hit on a QB choice.

Although, I don't believe they'll double-dip at the QB position in the upcoming draft, by the same token, I'm not sold on Chase Daniel, Ricky Stanzi, or Alex Tanney being future starters or long-term solutions.

First thing To settle this LT being a bad pick when there's no QB there worth being the number 1 pick. I give you the 1997 NFL draft. The St.Louis Rams with the first pick of the draft took OT Orlando Pace. The first QB taken in that draft was Jim Druckenmiller Pace went on to become a 7time pro bowler 5 time All pro and the Rams won the superbowl a couple of years later. I'm sure the Rams wish they took Druckenmiller right? If LT is the way we go it could work out for us just like it did for the Rams. Note I said COULD.

The QB i Really hope is there if we can somehow either get back into the 1st or 2nd round to get is Ryan Nassib I don't think it would happen But I wouldn't mind grabbing him at all.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

[QUOTE=Bortnem;280295]
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You didn't understand what I was saying.

First of all, do you think Baltimore would of passed on Flacco if they ahd the number 1 pick and addressed a position they have no need for? Because that is exactly what we are doing.

If Baltimore had the #1 pick in 2008, they would have definitely passed on Flacco. If they wanted a QB they would have taken Matt Ryan. You cant honestly think that Baltimore would have taken Flacco #1 that year when in the actual draft 17 other teams passed on him.

We gave up a second round pick for a known commodity rather than spend the top pick in the draft on a unknown commodity in Geno. He may turn out to be a stud, but if he isnt even considered an elite QB for this weak of a QB draft class, then we cant be taking that risk. Just b/c we havent "taken the risk" of drafting a QB high in the draft, doesnt mean we need to take that risk just to say we have done it. Drafting is all about calculating the risk-reward and teams dont just draft players or positions just to say "ok we have now drafted a QB in the first round"
    Dude, just because we aren't using our first rounder on Geno doesn't mean we won't get one later in rounds. The chiefs brass believe they can find a QB in later rounds its not like we aren't taking risks we are, just not on Geno Smith. Get over this crap cause chase Daniels is also a risk were taking and just because Alex Smith is the starter doesn't mean he's cannot be replaced if we are not winning football games

Yet again I say that Alex Smith has NEVER played for Andy Reid. NEVER. How do you know what Reid is going to do with him? Are you in contact with Reid? Show me proof that you are and I'll jump on board with you.

Other Questions I have asked in this thread that you have yet to answer
    1. Is giving up 10 sacks in 2 games good? Or would you say O line help is needed?

2. Why do you hold having talent around him against the QBs you don't like but not against Geno?Did Geno not have one of the best WRs in this draft?

3. Can you tell me that Albert is going to come back 100% With his back issues he had last year? If so how are you his doctor?

4. Can you tell me that Jocekel is not better then Albert? If so how?

5. Can you tell me that Albert will sign long term?

Once you answer these questions with answers other then just your opinion I will jump on board with this being a "latral move"

Alex Smith should throw more under Reid, that is why I think this is a bad fit.

1. LT position is fine, it's the rest of the line I am worried about.

2. Geno had talent and so did Smith, I am not sure where you are going with this. It's like comparing apples to oranges since one plays in the NFL and the other does not. They both had talent but the difference is Geno was the anchor to his offense, Alex smith was a game manager.

3. If the dolphins are going to pay him a **** load of money and trade for him his health shouldn't be an issue.

4. I dont know who is better, but it doesn't matter since we don't need a left tackle. We have about 20 other different needs on this team. At best it's a slight upgrade.

5. Honestly, I would keep him for a year and then go tackle in next year's draft if he wanted the same amount.

First thing To settle this LT being a bad pick when there's no QB there worth being the number 1 pick. I give you the 1997 NFL draft. The St.Louis Rams with the first pick of the draft took OT Orlando Pace. The first QB taken in that draft was Jim Druckenmiller Pace went on to become a 7time pro bowler 5 time All pro and the Rams won the superbowl a couple of years later. I'm sure the Rams wish they took Druckenmiller right? If LT is the way we go it could work out for us just like it did for the Rams. Note I said COULD.

The QB i Really hope is there if we can somehow either get back into the 1st or 2nd round to get is Ryan Nassib I don't think it would happen But I wouldn't mind grabbing him at all.

So you're holding out hope that we have a backup that is the equivalent to Kurt Warner?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast