Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the Chiefs address ILB!!

Default When will the Chiefs address ILB!!

With Morrison available for a 3rd rd pick and with Denver cutting Davis it seems one or both of these guys would help.

I'd love to see Morrison or Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd love to see Morrison or Davis.
    Either one would be an up grade. Morrison would cost a 3rd, Davis wouldn't cost a draft choice since he was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Either one would be an up grade. Morrison would cost a 3rd, Davis wouldn't cost a draft choice since he was cut.
    Yeah it's tough to decide. On the one hand, Morrison is a better player and also younger. Davis isn't as good but he's played under Crennel and he'll only cost us money. If DJ starts this year, I like how Morrison complements him as the sure-tackler to DJ as a playmaker/coverage guy, kind of like Pittsburgh's Farrier/Timmons.

Wouldn't mind Davis, But would hate to see us give a 3rd, with all the needs we have.

I'd like to see us use our picks on holes that can not be filled in FA.

WTF was Denver thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    WTF was Denver thinking!
    You do realize that McDaniels was placed in Denver by Pioli to intentionally run the organization into the ground and then eventually join KC's staff (as a waterboy of course), right? I thought this was clear after he chased off Denver's young Pro Bowl QB. If that wasn't enough, he is in the process of chasing off their best receiver. I hate to admit it, but I am almost starting to like him (almost).

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You do realize that McDaniels was placed in Denver by Pioli to intentionally run the organization into the ground and then eventually join KC's staff (as a waterboy of course), right? I thought this was clear after he chased off Denver's young Pro Bowl QB. If that wasn't enough, he is in the process of chasing off their best receiver. I hate to admit it, but I am almost starting to like him (almost).
    LOL that is the craziest thing I've ever heard, but would be awesome if it was true.

As I understand it, the 3-4 that Crennel runs is predicated on two different types of ILB. One guy is there to take on blockers, to disrupt the play, and the other guy is more of the playmaker.

if we don't go after Morrison, it is because he has gotten a reputation similar to DJ's in that people say he doesn't take on blockers.

We need a powerhouse middle linebacker - someone who will get involved, seek out contact, and free up DJ to use his athleticism to make the play.

In that regard, I'd be more for signing Andra Davis and then drafting an ILB with the 51st pick.

If Spikes doesn't run before the draft, he could fall to the third, and I'd love to take him there.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this whole "two different types of ILB" thing. It's just something I read.

I have read several posts by fans who believe DJ is the starter, but noone talks of Demorrio Williams. Was he not the leading tackler this year? I may be wrong but I felt he was very satisfying as a ILB and the surprise was Corey Mays starting. I think ILB should be upgraded, but to replace Mays rather than Demorrio Williams. I think Andre Davis has a better chance of landing in KC because of his background with Crennel. To me, DJ is more of a nickel package LB that can cover well, but by no means a starter in our 3-4 system. Don't mistake that as me saying he is not a talented LB. He is better suited for a 4-3 though. I feel that I'm somewhat knowledgeable of the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses but I know very little of D. Williams coverage abilities. Anybody care to help me with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast