Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

Default Bowe tagged.... thoughts?

We tagged Dwayne Bowe, looks like Carr will walk. What does everyone think?

yay d bowe deserves it, now work out a long term deal. sad at the same time means carrs gone, so mixed fealings i was hoping we could work out a four year deal then franchise carr but things play out the way they do

Carr is most likely gone That's a loss but I don't think it's a loss that we can't recover from. Bowe would have been that. Just hope that in the next year we can get Bowe locked up
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Is he restricted or unrestricted? If hes unrestricted perhaps its part of a bigger RG3 move? Two first rounders is what it would take. STL wants a WR for Bradford. Maybe switch picks and Bowe? Sign Carr long term?? Im just bored so im throwing ideas out there. Nothing to do til the draft now!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Except for FA. lol
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

disappointed that we didnt sign either bow or carr so we could tag the other. fault the management cuz they knew this was there last yesr and its their fault for not trying to extend either of the players before this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    disappointed that we didnt sign either bow or carr so we could tag the other. fault the management cuz they knew this was there last yesr and its their fault for not trying to extend either of the players before this season.
    How do you know its management? Maybe its the player/agent. theres two sides to a deal. Who knows how long they have been trying to come up with a deal. I think the fact that they waited until the last minute to tag Bowe shows that they were doing everything they could do reach a deal before using the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that they have been working on a deal with Bowe since during the season.

The other thing is that we've got til the 13th to sign Carr. Don't think that'll happen but one never knows. We'll get something for Carr leaving. Probably a 3rd rounder? I think that's what the Raiders got for Asomugha leaving. I'm not sure if we get that pick this year or next year though.

Any way you cut it we've got a lot of free agents coming up that are going to need some big contracts here pretty soon.

Bowe, Carr (doubt he's staying but hey), Dorsey, Albert and then I'll pander to the Manning talk by adding him in. That leaves 5 guys that'll will get around 10 million a year at least with a 37 million cap. Yes we have more space this year but not next. I know that Dorsey is eating up a good chunk of our cap so maybe that'll end up saving us money.

I'm hoping we make some moves in free agency because like Canada said, it's a very long time to the draft!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast