Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Default Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
    Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Albert and Houston are also both worthy of consideration.
    So that makes 3 more that could have made it, wow....wow is all I got.

Yep...Pioli has done well in that regard. Will be a shame if poor coaching decisions ends his run as GM.

He has one guy from his era going to the pro bowl, the others were king carl's.

He has done an awful job evaluating talent, most notably the entire 09 draft, god that was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    And qb decision....he did think cassel and Quinn were good enough.... But hell I sure as hell didn't think cassel would suck as bad as he did. But yeah 5 pro bowlers that says something to the talent on this roster.

4 of them were not pioli's.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He has one guy from his era going to the pro bowl, the others were king carl's.

He has done an awful job evaluating talent, most notably the entire 09 draft, god that was awful.
    I bring up again though...look at the guys going. He's re-signed every one of them to team friendly contracts. All of them, except Berry, have 5 or more years experience (Hali 7, DJ 8, Colquitt 8). I mean, the oldest Pioli draft class is in their 4th year and that first year, 2009, was like one of the worst draft classes ever.

Don't we owe it to him to wait it out? Guys like DJ and Hali weren't instantly stars. DJ was at one point considered a bust.

If the next guy comes in and has 1 playoff appearance in 4 years and that's it are we gonna run him out too? A neverending cycle of this would be stupid. Everyone is very shortsighted.

This is a team many analysts predicted would win the AFCW OVER PEYTON MANNING. We had the unfortunate circumstances of poor coaching (which I know is Pioli's fault). But do we start over b/c of that?

I bring up again though...look at the guys going. He's re-signed every one of them to team friendly contracts. All of them, except Berry, have 5 or more years experience (Hali 7, DJ 8, Colquitt 8). I mean, the oldest Pioli draft class is in their 4th year and that first year, 2009, was like one of the worst draft classes ever.

Don't we owe it to him to wait it out? Guys like DJ and Hali weren't instantly stars. DJ was at one point considered a bust.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he needed to sign good young pro bowl players that were inherited to him.

The guy has not drafted one starting calibur CB or WR since he has been here. Our offense looks absolutely horrible. No QB, No RB to compliment JC, no WR (Baldwin/Mccluster)

He has had conservative mediocre drafts and lack of FA is why we are at 2-13.

There is nothing and I repeat NOTHING that shows me why he should still be the general manager here, there is no long term plan other than to have mediocre drafts and be extremely conservative in FA.

It's going to be over soon, and thank god.

If the next guy comes in and has 1 playoff appearance in 4 years and that's it are we gonna run him out too? A neverending cycle of this would be stupid. Everyone is very shortsighted.

This is a team many analysts predicted would win the AFCW OVER PEYTON MANNING. We had the unfortunate circumstances of poor coaching (which I know is Pioli's fault). But do we start over b/c of that?

It isn't that hard, if you have a gm who has had 1 winning season in 4 years you let him go and try the next guy. If 3 losing seasons out of 4 isn't enough for you to want change, then I don't know what else will.

It would be incredibly stupid to keep Scott Pioli on this team. The product he has presented on the field has been absolutely horrible.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he needed to sign good young pro bowl players that were inherited to him.

The guy has not drafted one starting calibur CB or WR since he has been here. Our offense looks absolutely horrible. No QB, No RB to compliment JC, no WR (Baldwin/Mccluster)

There is nothing and I repeat NOTHING that shows me why he should still be the general manager here, there is no long term plan other than to have mediocre drafts and be extremely conservative in FA.

Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.

I agree, 2-13 is as low as it gets. But think back to when CP left. This team was also 2-14, and many of this team's studs "sucked." Hali, DJ, Carr, Albert, Charles, and Dorsey. NONE of them were considered an impact player at the time.

I look at Arenas and see a guy who has made some big strides as a cover CB since being thrust in there after Routt was cut. I mean, Carr was once considered by every single Chiefs fan a liability who needed to be replaced. I think it's very unfair to start reaching crazy assumptions about Pioli's draft picks. In my eyes, they are young guys that haven't reached their peak yet (like the 6 guys I labeled in the first paragraph).

And honestly as far as QB goes, there wasn't a single 1st rd QB we could have had in the last 4 years based on the picks KC had. Sanchez? Tebow? Locker? You could argue Russell Wilson, but 70 some other picks went before Wilson. He had a lot of question marks.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.
    Exactly. The contracts he negotiated were "no-brainers" in that these players needed to come back. The fact that they were team friendly he gets no credit for?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast