Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Default Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
    Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree, 2-13 is as low as it gets. But think back to when CP left. This team was also 2-14, and many of this team's studs "sucked." Hali, DJ, Carr, Albert, Charles, and Dorsey. NONE of them were considered an impact player at the time.

I look at Arenas and see a guy who has made some big strides as a cover CB since being thrust in there after Routt was cut. I mean, Carr was once considered by every single Chiefs fan a liability who needed to be replaced. I think it's very unfair to start reaching crazy assumptions about Pioli's draft picks. In my eyes, they are young guys that haven't reached their peak yet (like the 6 guys I labeled in the first paragraph).

And honestly as far as QB goes, there wasn't a single 1st rd QB we could have had in the last 4 years based on the picks KC had. Sanchez? Tebow? Locker? You could argue Russell Wilson, but 70 some other picks went before Wilson. He had a lot of question marks.

So what you are saying is this:

Scott Pioli needs more time.

Yeah, it isn't Scott Pioli's job to address the qb position. Please, get out of here, and to make matters worse he traded for a terrible qb and spent 4 offseasons trying to prop cassel up and sell him as a viable starter.

There were options at qb, off the top of my head:

Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Kyle Orton, could even throw in Cousins. All are much better options than Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.

You want to continue with this?

Exactly. The contracts he negotiated were "no-brainers" in that these players needed to come back. The fact that they were team friendly he gets no credit for?

lol, we are way under the cap, every player we sign is "contract friendly."

Except for your golden boy, the suckiest of them all, Matt Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    lol, we are way under the cap, every player we sign is "contract friendly."

Except for your golden boy, the suckiest of them all, Matt Cassel.
    He's definitely not my golden boy...That have been his two biggest mistakes, QB and coaching. The way I see it, put him under the gun and give him a chance to get it right w/ a new coach and a high draft pick.

And the other QBs you named, only Dalton has made the playoffs. Freeman has had one winning season in 4 years. I addressed Russell Wilson...Had we had any of the other 31 GMs in the league, Wilson would not be on this team either. Kyle Orton chose to hold a clipboard in Dallas.

I've spoken my thoughts on Pioli. It's not a popular stance I know. Oh well. We'll know his fate in less than a week. You're ignoring my other points though (about the "crappy" guys we had on this roster when CP left).
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.

He's definitely not my golden boy...That have been his two biggest mistakes, QB and coaching. The way I see it, put him under the gun and give him a chance to get it right w/ a new coach and a high draft pick.

And the other QBs you named, only Dalton has made the playoffs. Freeman has had one winning season in 4 years. I addressed Russell Wilson...Had we had any of the other 31 GMs in the league, Wilson would not be on this team either. Kyle Orton chose to hold a clipboard in Dallas.
    Hes had a top pick.. He took tyson jackson... Also had a chance to choose a head coach... He choose crennel

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Hes had a top pick.. He took tyson jackson... Also had a chance to choose a head coach... He choose crennel
    Keep in mind the best QB left on the board in that draft was Mark Sanchez.

Tyson Jackson has been a productive starter for 4 years now, in a draft in which many of the top 15 picks are not even in the league anymore. That 2009 draft was awful, so plucking out a consistent starter shoudl be seen as a win in my opinion.

I've spoken my peach on Pioli. It's not a popular stance I know. Oh well. You're ignoring my other points though (about the "crappy" guys we had on this roster when CP left).
    Dalton certainly has more upside than anyone we have, that is for sure. He did go to a pro bowl (he was an alternate) in his second year in the league, and he was playing against 2 top defenses 4 times a year.

Russell Wilson was drafted by Carrol, who obviously looked upon Wilson as a NFL starter, why didn't Pioli?

Pioli's drafts have been mediocre at best, he has acquired absolutely NO ONE on the offensive side of the ball who is a legitimate impact player. Can you name one?

The bottomline is this, he has hired incompetent coaching staffs for 4 seasons, failed to address the qb position with 1 draft pick and 4 FA, and traded a second round pick in doing so. Mediocre drafts and conservative offseasons lead us to 2-14 Ryfo, and I have seen enough. You and I know without JC we would have absolutely no offensive production (Who wasn't a Pioli pick)
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-27-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Dalton certainly has more upside than anyone we have, that is for sure. He did go to a pro bowl (he was an alternate) in his second year in the league, and he was playing against 2 top defenses 4 times a year.

Russell Wilson was drafted by Carrol, who obviously looked upon Wilson as a NFL starter, why didn't Pioli?

Pioli has had bad drafts, he has acquired absolutely NO ONE on the offensive side of the ball who is capable of being a legitimate impact player. Can you name one?

The bottomline is this, he has hired incompetent coaching staffs for 4 seasons, failed to address the qb position with 1 draft pick and 4 FA, and traded a second round pick in doing so. Mediocre drafts and conservative offseasons lead us to 2-14 Ryfo, and I have seen enough. You and I know without JC we would have absolutely no offensive production (Who wasn't a Pioli pick)
    I agree, but it's easy to have hindsight and pluck out the late/middle round QBs (Dalton/Wilson) that panned out and say, "Why didn't we pick them?" We must keep in mind that a lot of coaches/GMs didn't pick these guys. And among these guys are some crappy guys that came out (Clausen, Gabbert, Locker, etc).

Listen, I know that the 2-14 speaks loudly. I just don't think you kick a GM out after 4 years, especially when there's talent on the field. We disagree with that fundamental point, and I'll agree to disagree. Like I said, we'll know his fate soon enough.

Keep in mind the best QB left on the board in that draft was Mark Sanchez.

Tyson Jackson has been a productive starter for 4 years now, in a draft in which many of the top 15 picks are not even in the league anymore. That 2009 draft was awful, so plucking out a consistent starter shoudl be seen as a win in my opinion.

No he hasn't, he was rated one of the worst 3/4 DE in the league this year.

It was a bad pick. Period.

Now let's all watch Josh Freeman highligh clips and wonder what could have been.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 12-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.

I agree, but it's easy to have hindsight and pluck out the late/middle round QBs (Dalton/Wilson) that panned out and say, "Why didn't we pick them?" We must keep in mind that a lot of coaches/GMs didn't pick these guys. And among these guys are some crappy guys that came out (Clausen, Gabbert, Locker, etc).

Listen, I know that the 2-14 speaks loudly. I just don't think you kick a GM out after 4 years, especially when there's talent on the field. We disagree with that fundamental point, and I'll agree to disagree. Like I said, we'll know his fate soon enough.

Yes it is easy, but then again we are not the ones getting paid 5 million a year to evaluate talent and build a successful team, Scott Pioli is, and Scott Pioli has failed.

You better not let Cassel's Reckoning see these posts Ryfo. ; )

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast