Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got home from the game -- my thoughts

Default Just got home from the game -- my thoughts

first off, I have not read any posts yet, so I do not know exactly what everyone has said about this game, nor have I listened to any anylists.

My thought is to not get too worked up over this game. We played a very tough Jaguars team today. They are good.

Great start on our first drive to get us in field goal position. The field goal miss, in my opinion, did us in. I think, had we made that field goal and had the lead, the momentum would have been different, thus causing different results in the game.

We have no running game at all. This is a huge problem. So because of this, we have to do the opposite of what is normal, we have to break out our passing game in order to open up our running game instead of vise versa.

I do not think Huard is good enough of a quarterback to be able to open up our run by throwing good enough consistantly. I think Brody might be good enough to accomplish this task. It is at the point of time where we need to give Brody that shot.

Yes, we might sneak into the playoffs under Huard since we do have a good defense and the AFC WEST truly is weak this year....hopefully you are not still doubting this.

I have great news though, we are still in good shape. It is not as bad as some ppl are probably making it...havent read the posts yet.

I think if Brody gets in, he will take advantage of Bowe and Gonzalez, which Huard is not able to do for whatever reason.

The only blame I put on anyone THIS GAME was the field goal kicker who killed us from the start. Other than that, their special teams pinned us inside our own 10 yard line either 2 or 3 times. Things just didn't go our way.

Put Brodie in and give us a chance to beat the Bengals next week.

I dont totally blame our kicker..... our center did not block their center well and rushed him bad. He either had to chance the kick like he did or have it blocked and then who knows what could have happened. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I dont totally blame our kicker..... our center did not block their center well and rushed him bad. He either had to chance the kick like he did or have it blocked and then who knows what could have happened. IMO

well i was on the opposite 10 yard line of where the kick was so i didnt realize that something happened. I just saw that it missed.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    first off, I have not read any posts yet, so I do not know exactly what everyone has said about this game, nor have I listened to any anylists.

My thought is to not get too worked up over this game. We played a very tough Jaguars team today. They are good.

Great start on our first drive to get us in field goal position. The field goal miss, in my opinion, did us in. I think, had we made that field goal and had the lead, the momentum would have been different, thus causing different results in the game.

We have no running game at all. This is a huge problem. So because of this, we have to do the opposite of what is normal, we have to break out our passing game in order to open up our running game instead of vise versa.

I do not think Huard is good enough of a quarterback to be able to open up our run by throwing good enough consistantly. I think Brody might be good enough to accomplish this task. It is at the point of time where we need to give Brody that shot.

Yes, we might sneak into the playoffs under Huard since we do have a good defense and the AFC WEST truly is weak this year....hopefully you are not still doubting this.

I have great news though, we are still in good shape. It is not as bad as some ppl are probably making it...havent read the posts yet.

I think if Brody gets in, he will take advantage of Bowe and Gonzalez, which Huard is not able to do for whatever reason.

The only blame I put on anyone THIS GAME was the field goal kicker who killed us from the start. Other than that, their special teams pinned us inside our own 10 yard line either 2 or 3 times. Things just didn't go our way.

Put Brodie in and give us a chance to beat the Bengals next week.
    Pretty good assessment of the game.

I disagree that the missed field goal was the end of our momentum though.

Broyle will be able to spread the ball around the field, so we will be able to use all of our talented receivers.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I would be interested in seeing that replayed.... any ideas where? Did you tvoe the game?

I have not seen the game yet, I had to work, I taped it so hoping to watch it yet tonite. I was able to here some of the game on the Radio, but when working in a retail environment, hard to know exactly how the game is going and what worked and what did not. We drove the ball well in the first drive, what happened, why are we a one drive wonder? Why are we not able to repeat on the second offensive drive of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I have not seen the game yet, I had to work, I taped it so hoping to watch it yet tonite. I was able to here some of the game on the Radio, but when working in a retail environment, hard to know exactly how the game is going and what worked and what did not. We drove the ball well in the first drive, what happened, why are we a one drive wonder? Why are we not able to repeat on the second offensive drive of the game?
    Well after you get to the end of the first drive, let us know what happened with the miss.

I wasn't even in the room.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Well after you get to the end of the first drive, let us know what happened with the miss.

I wasn't even in the room.
    please do, I dont want to keep spouting off about it if Im wrong..... :)

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    please do, I dont want to keep spouting off about it if Im wrong..... :)
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29258

click play on the video to watch all the highlights, including missed fg.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29258

click play on the video to watch all the highlights, including missed fg.
    Yep, that dude jumped right over our deep snapper like it was leap frog.

Rayner did a good job not getting blocked.

I got more and more respect for this guy for making sure the ball wasn't block.

This dude is probably our freakin' MVP this year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast