Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is haley really that good??

Default Is haley really that good??

IMO Todd Haley isn't all what he's cracked up to be. I'm sure a lot have people have realised that he's not calling the right plays at the right times enough to make the Chiefs win a game! Before the pre-season started I had a lot of hope for the Pioli-Haley franchise but now I'm not so sure!

I mean Todd Haley is choosing to run the ball even when it's obvious he should throw the ball to try and gain a first down. He's choosing to run the ball when the chiefs are 3rd and 25 on their own 10 yard line when they were losing 7 - 24! So I don't think it's just me that realises that Todd Haley isn't as good of a Head Coach that we had hoped for him to be.

I mean maybe we should give him a few more chances or until the end of the year to judge his coaching ability but I would have thought that he would have won atleast 1 game this year! HE HASN'T! 7 games this year (including preseason game) and 7 losses with all the same frustration to it! We even lost to the raiders, 10 - 13, when in the 4th quarter the CB could have made an interception TD return easily if he had only caught the interception instead of dropping it. The outcome of the raiders game would have been 17 - 13 with the chiefs the winners! And the raiders aren't exactly having the best season either, they were actually probably playing worse than the chiefs but the chiefs caused so many more penalties, whioch added upto a total of 7 penalties for 50 yards penlised against the chiefs. And in those 50 yards somehwere quite possibly could have been a touchdown or atleast a field goal!

That win would not only have given us a record of 1-1 but after the loss to Philadelphia, which was a pretty disappointing game, the record would have still given the chiefs a record of 1 - 2 which doesn't actually look that bad, I mean even the lions have a better record than us, 1 - 2!

So you have to ask yourself;

Is Todd Haley really going to last that long if he carries on like this?
    Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 09-29-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Perhaps, but knowing the condition this team is in, if you were the GM, wouldn't you want someone coaching your team with a proven track record of building and winning instead of some experimental OC?
    You mean like bringing in someone like Herm? That got us far.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    You mean like bringing in someone like Herm? That got us far.
    Herm did not have a winning record and had no track record in building a winning team. He was a bad pick for head coach three years ago.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm hoping that Cowher isn't picked up anywhere, and we're able to get him.

Yes, I understand we'd have to demote Haley to OC, or straight up fire him. I think Pioli has the ciolis for it
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

i think we have a great coach and gm. i think we lack talent in most aspects of all personel! mainly the OL!

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    i think we have a great coach and gm. i think we lack talent in most aspects of all personel! mainly the OL!
    Absolutely agreed! I'm not ready to right off Haley after three regular season losses in the very first year as a head coach.

I'm not ready to write off Haley yet either.

However, at a certain point the fact that he is Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks coach....

I'm concerned he's in over his head. Gunther was a great Defensive Coordinator. Head coach, we all know how that turned out.

Talent will be seen based off of the overall season result.
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    I'm hoping that Cowher isn't picked up anywhere, and we're able to get him.

Yes, I understand we'd have to demote Haley to OC, or straight up fire him. I think Pioli has the ciolis for it
    A Navy Chief is supposed to be up to snuff!! If Cowher comes back to coaching it will be in Carolina were he has ties.
    MSCS(SS) ret.

I actually like Todd Haley a lot. Sucks we haven't won a game yet, but I think that's more of the lack of talent. the team has only been training with haley for a few months. give it a few more months, and it will be much more of a conditioned team.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    I actually like Todd Haley a lot. Sucks we haven't won a game yet, but I think that's more of the lack of talent. the team has only been training with haley for a few months. give it a few more months, and it will be much more of a conditioned team.
    I agree I like alot what i have seen from hailey. Give it till then end of the season then answer see what the team is playing like then.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I think the question can be posed in two different directions:

Is Haley really that good?

or

Are the Chiefs really that bad?
    Good point I mean the Panthers, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Rams and Buccaneers are 0-3 aswell as us, the chiefs!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast