Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Sippio?

Default Bobby Sippio?

Anyone heard anything on Sippio? Herm said he was going to play against the bears, and he never did (that I saw). That was the last I have heard about him for a long while and I was watching him on the sidelines the whole day at the game Sunday.

Will he ever play soon? I've heard so much hype about this guy and he hasnt played yet. He can't be worse than Webb or Parker

With Bowe likely drawing a lot of attention after last week, I have to think anyone with Sippio's hands would be a great addition...he may not have the physical tools of Parker, but holding onto the ball is the key. (Ask Patrick Crayton!!!)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I hope they get him in there and split him out with TG, and DBowe!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Note to Herm, there are multiple formations allowed on offense in football. In addition to your very creative I-form and single back sets with 1 or 2 TEs, you may want to incorporate sets that include 3-4 WRs spread out across the field. You may have a couple WRs not named Bowe who have difficulty catching the ball, but their presence near the sideline still forces a defender out their direction. Try it some time...have one of your coaches pull out their laptop and pull this website up for you...it actually explains the concept...

http://www.squidoo.com/spread-football-plays/
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Note to Herm, there are multiple formations allowed on offense in football. In addition to your very creative I-form and single back sets with 1 or 2 TEs, you may want to incorporate sets that include 3-4 WRs spread out across the field. You may have a couple WRs not named Bowe who have difficulty catching the ball, but their presence near the sideline still forces a defender out their direction. Try it some time...have one of your coaches pull out their laptop and pull this website up for you...it actually explains the concept...

You mean to actually pass the ball? Thats unheard of for us. With LJ runnin sooooo well this year (ya right) who needs to pass?

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    You mean to actually pass the ball? Thats unheard of for us. With LJ runnin sooooo well this year (ya right) who needs to pass?
    Please, please, please let it sink in to Herm that we can move the ball efficiently with a mix of pass / run (anything not predictable). We moved the ball against Houston in the 4th, Chicago in the 4th and Minnesota in the 3rd & 4th.

Let's start with some quick slants on Sunday!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    LJ is running fine...right into the wall with no holes that the O-line has created. Play-calling is the biggest factor. The O-line will struggle at best until they force the defense to respect the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

yes, but this just isnt making any sense. if we spread things out and pick up more yardage, thus forcing us to get some 1st downs, then our time of possession will increase largely and we will lose precious time to be able to play defense, which is what wins championships. how can we play defense if we are on offense. you are confusing me. my brain is starting to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    Please, please, please let it sink in to Herm that we can move the ball efficiently with a mix of pass / run (anything not predictable). We moved the ball against Houston in the 4th, Chicago in the 4th and Minnesota in the 3rd & 4th.

Let's start with some quick slants on Sunday!
    I would love to open a game up passing jsut to se what Huard can really do.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    yes, but this just isnt making any sense. if we spread things out and pick up more yardage, thus forcing us to get some 1st downs, then our time of possession will increase largely and we will lose precious time to be able to play defense, which is what wins championships. how can we play defense if we are on offense. you are confusing me. my brain is starting to hurt.

Don't worry HERM talks about the defense while the offense is on the field.

He's got it covered, my friend!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast