Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowe suspension lifted

Default Bowe suspension lifted

Commissioner Goodell lifted the suspension of Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Chiefs have until next Monday to reinstate him. Adam Schefter reporting

Hopefully he comes back with an attitude of having something to prove to everyone.
    I like Bowe, and I think the WR corp of Bowe, Chambers, Wade, Bradley, and Long is a pretty damn good group. And I know that a lot of people don't really care for Pope, but I think he does a very good job of doing what he's asked to do. Plus, when he gets the ball it's great to watch him....he runs and hits like he's a po'd fullback. Good stuff.

Just to play Devil's advocate: 2010's's draft looks to be pretty strong at the WR position.

Not that I would trade Bowe or use the first round draft pick on anything but an OL. Just putting it out there. Management doesn't always see things the way we do.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    If I were Pioli I would not trade him until the end of the season and that's only if I got a 2nd or higher. Bowe is great but inconsistent right now, I would rather have two good wr's that were consistent then one great one that is inconsistent, or we could trade him for a good tackle.
    This really makes no sense. If you think he is inconsistent, and if you are right, then I guarantee you that every other owner sees what you and I see. What makes you think he is even worth what you want to get for him?

You think teams are out there just throwing away draft picks on players? There has to be something in it for them.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I see so many people talking about trading this guy for picks, or trading that guy for picks. Honestly, I would rather stick with a guy and work with him, especially one that has shown he has talent, rather than bringing in brand new guys every year.

This revolving door of players needs to stop!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    This really makes no sense. If you think he is inconsistent, and if you are right, then I guarantee you that every other owner sees what you and I see. What makes you think he is even worth what you want to get for him?

You think teams are out there just throwing away draft picks on players? There has to be something in it for them.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I see so many people talking about trading this guy for picks, or trading that guy for picks. Honestly, I would rather stick with a guy and work with him, especially one that has shown he has talent, rather than bringing in brand new guys every year.

This is an excellent point, and I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I would completely disagree with trading Bowe for a 2nd. You say you would rather have 2 consistent WRs, but you're not going to find 2 consistent WR's in the offseason. And I question, who do you consider consistent in the NFL at WR? Wayne? Fitzgerald? Consistency at WR is rare.

This is only Bowe's third season and he has 189 cathces in 3 seasons (mind you this season has been injury riddled and then his lastest suspension).

I just think back to when Herm and Peterson were here...We saw great talent get traded away from this team for what, some draft picks? Draft picks are a huge gamble. Look at how some of our top draft picks have panned out in recent years.

Regardless, Bowe has the talent to be one of the league's premier WR's. A team that is so strapped for WR's should not give him away for draft picks.
    I was just commenting on another post saying he asked for a trade, I wouldn't trade him but if that were the situation that's what I want. Bowe has a ton of dropped passes and has for years that's why I say he is inconsistent, and it would be nice to have two good wr's then one great Bowe, but it's very difficult to get that so I would probably just keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Always being in the top 3 in dropped passes is inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Always being in the top 3 in dropped passes is inconsistent.
    A.) I can't find a site that displays those stats in a sortable way.

B.) I will agree that he has been poor about dropping passes for, at least this and last season.

C.) He is a very young player. Sporadic performances are not uncommon with younger players. And it, by no means, is something that cannot be fixed.

He shows enough promise to give him some time, and coaching attention, to get that part of his game to improve.

Terrell Owens gets alot of criticism for dropping passes. But few actually doubt that he is not worth having on the field, for that alone. (Other factors make people believe that he isn't worth having. But the dropped passes alone are generally not.)

Keep him around, and work with him, to get that problem solved. IMO

Naturally if you're among the leaders in targets, you're also going to be among the leaders in drops. That stat is really overrated IMO.

The fact that other teams respect him enough to double cover him and leave Chambers and other recievers in single coverage is worth having him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The fact that other teams respect him enough to double cover him and leave Chambers and other recievers in single coverage is worth having him on the field.
    This.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast