Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's what's left...

Default Here's what's left...

RT-Eric Winston: Absolutely helps upgrade the KC starting 22 and should be signed tomorrow.

QB-Matt Flynn: The Chiefs need to bring in QB competition for Cassel and right now it's either Flynn or Quinn. I prefer Flynn

OG-Ben Grubbs: 28yo 1st rd pick in 2007... need I say more?

S-LaRon Landry: 26yo and would provide a devastating safety combo with Berry for a long time to come (if healthy) could probably be signed on the cheap because of history.

OT-Marcus McNeil: Should be an option for KC if the Winston deal falls through. Although a McNeil signing would leave the Chiefs with a decision of who to move to the right side between he and Albert.

S-Reggie Nelson: Another good safety

NT-Aubrayo Franklin: Not my first choice but the pickings are slim and we need SOMEONE to play NT.

DE-Louis Castillo: I'm advocating this signing ONLY if the Chiefs have intentions on trading Dorsey (which is something I've been advocating for a couple years now.)

WR-Ted Ginn: Former top 10 pick could provide some depth for the receiving corp and also a little competition. Would also give the Chiefs another guy in the return game.

If I'm Pioli (which I obviously am not or this team would be a championship contender already) my first priorities now that the first 48hrs of free agency are over would be Winston and Grubbs. Give me those two guys to put with Albert, Asomoah, and Hudson... it shouldn't matter how immobile or incompetent the QB is... he should have plenty of time to throw. After that, any signing should be about depth. Perhaps a Landry signing would upgrade the secondary, but I think you're probably going to sign him as a guy to come in and compete for a starting spot.

Franklin... eh. He's not Soliai... so who cares? Franklin isn't a clear upgrade over Powe and he would just be depth anyway. I think the Chiefs need to do what they can to shore up the offense during free agency and concentrate on defense during the draft.

Fill the holes on offense, take an ILB at #11, trade back into the first to grab Poe and draft for depth the rest of the rounds and then let's go to war.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Fill the holes on offense, take an ILB at #11, trade back into the first to grab Poe and draft for depth the rest of the rounds and then let's go to war.
    Please tell me you are joking about Poe. He's absolute trash. Look up footage and stats he's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    RT-Eric Winston: Absolutely helps upgrade the KC starting 22 and should be signed tomorrow.

QB-Matt Flynn: The Chiefs need to bring in QB competition for Cassel and right now it's either Flynn or Quinn. I prefer Flynn

OG-Ben Grubbs: 28yo 1st rd pick in 2007... need I say more?

S-LaRon Landry: 26yo and would provide a devastating safety combo with Berry for a long time to come (if healthy) could probably be signed on the cheap because of history.

OT-Marcus McNeil: Should be an option for KC if the Winston deal falls through. Although a McNeil signing would leave the Chiefs with a decision of who to move to the right side between he and Albert.

S-Reggie Nelson: Another good safety

NT-Aubrayo Franklin: Not my first choice but the pickings are slim and we need SOMEONE to play NT.

DE-Louis Castillo: I'm advocating this signing ONLY if the Chiefs have intentions on trading Dorsey (which is something I've been advocating for a couple years now.)

WR-Ted Ginn: Former top 10 pick could provide some depth for the receiving corp and also a little competition. Would also give the Chiefs another guy in the return game.

If I'm Pioli (which I obviously am not or this team would be a championship contender already) my first priorities now that the first 48hrs of free agency are over would be Winston and Grubbs. Give me those two guys to put with Albert, Asomoah, and Hudson... it shouldn't matter how immobile or incompetent the QB is... he should have plenty of time to throw. After that, any signing should be about depth. Perhaps a Landry signing would upgrade the secondary, but I think you're probably going to sign him as a guy to come in and compete for a starting spot.

Franklin... eh. He's not Soliai... so who cares? Franklin isn't a clear upgrade over Powe and he would just be depth anyway. I think the Chiefs need to do what they can to shore up the offense during free agency and concentrate on defense during the draft.

I think for RT the only real option is Winston. I agree we need to sign him when he comes in tomorrow. I'd even be willing to throw a little too much cash at him. McNeill is being let go by the Chargers because the doctors aren't sure when he is going to be cleared to play (either neck injury or concussions, I cannot remember).

At QB other options may be Leinert or if Manning ends up in Az or Tenn, whichever QB they cut.

LaRon Landry is more of a SS, which is where Berry should spend most of his time, I would only consider him for depth.

I would consider Reggie Nelson, but I don't think he would automatically start over Lewis, but good depth again.

Aubrayo Franklin would be ok, but I agree with you it is disappointing not to get Soliai. Supposedly he took less than what the Donks offered him To stay in Mia.

Louis Castillo I agree should only be considered if we want to trade Dorsey before his contract is up.

Ted Ginny would be an interesting pickup, but the way WRs have been going this year, I think he would want too much money for the role he would play here as competing for the #3WR spot and the second return man behind Arenas.

At OG/C we should also consider Chris Myers from Houston or Scott Wells from GB. If we sign both Winston and an interior lineman, I would love to see us trade down with Cleveland who is going to want to grab Tannehill (if they don't get Flynn) before Seattle picks after us. That would probably net us an extra 2nd at least.

That's my thoughts ...

Leinart is a no-no for me and he would not provide "competition". May as well draft another 5th or 7th round QB to hold the clipboard.

Either way...The worthy pickings are getting slim and action needs to be taken now that Manning is out.

Shiancoe TE is available, he's a good receiver, was a favorite target of favre, headed for a visit in seattle
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Grubbs is gone per Schefter tweet... "Saints land replacement for Carl Nicks, sign Ben Grubbs to a five-year, $36 million deal, including $10 million signing bonus."

Another one gone.
    This team sucks.

Texas because I brought you bad news with the Grubbs signing announcement I thought I need to some good news. Sure it's pandering but I think it's a good sign that Winston might want to play here.

No, Eric Winston, It Is Not Too Obvious - Arrowhead Pride

I would be interested in seeing Flynn, one never know what could happen there. And with the lack of interest in him he could end up priced fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Another one gone.
    This team sucks.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast