Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

PAY THE MAN!!!

I really have made myself believe Bowe was showing give up just to try to drive a spike in Haley's coaching chest.
    I would, there is no way that sawed off little punk would have screamed at me like that in public!
    That was the greatest thing to see from all the players, the light came back on! I hope we resign these guys, and come back with a vengance next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Bowe's stats and Rankings:

2011 (Tagged as a "Down Year" for him)
    81 Rec. (10th in NFL)
    1,159 yds (13th in NFL)
    5TD's

2010 (Considered his "Career" year)
    72 Receptions (19th in NFL)
    1,162 yds (7th in NFL)
    15 TD's (1st in NFL)

2009 (Haley Being Haley only allowed him to 9 starts)
    47 Rec (74th in NFL) (projected over a full season would have been 83 with 5.2 Rec per game, would have ranked 12th in NFL)
    589 yds (69th in NFL) (projected over a full season would have been 66 yds/game for 1,056yds, 19th in NFL)
    4TD's (projected over a full season would have been 7TDs)

86 Rec (10th in NFL)
    1,022 yds (18th in NFL)
    7TD's

2007 (Rookie Season)
    70 Rec. (29th in NFL)
    995 yds (24th in NFL)
    5TD's

So if you look at averages:
    (taking into consideration he plays a full season in 09 with Haley)

79 Receptions per season
    1,078 yards per season
    8 TD's per season

That's a lot of categories in the top 10 and 20 of the NFL over a span of 5 seasons.....This is also with QB's like Brody Croyle, Damond Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Tyler Palko, Matt Cassel, and Kyle Orton Throwing him the ball. Just imagine what the numbers would be if he had someone like a Brady, Brees, or Rogers tossing it to him!

Also, for being labeled as an "inconsistent player" those numbers (outside of the 09 mess with Haley) are pretty dang consistent if you ask me.

No, I would not say he is the best WR in the NFL A La Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald, but I would consider him a top 10-15...So he deserves to get paid, If we don't someone will.....
    I agree completely with all. I sure don't want to lose him, he's the best WR we've had in years, maybe ever.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree completely with all. I sure don't want to lose him, he's the best WR we've had in years, maybe ever.
    I would not agree with that just yet. Time will tell, as it always will. DB in my humble opinion has not yet made anything. He is a can be, question still remains, will he be! You all can say what ever about the passes to him, they where not catch-able, but then what does that say about the QB who threw the pass? My problem with DB is he makes great plays, but inconsistent where it means the most. Drops easy catches.

So..>With all of that said, how many years does he need to be what he should be? 2 more? 3 more?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would not agree with that just yet. Time will tell, as it always will. DB in my humble opinion has not yet made anything. He is a can be, question still remains, will he be! You all can say what ever about the passes to him, they where not catch-able, but then what does that say about the QB who threw the pass? My problem with DB is he makes great plays, but inconsistent where it means the most. Drops easy catches.

I agree, I think this pass season would and should have been his breakout year and for whatever reason it didn't work that way. It was even a end of contract year. It may mostly have been Haleys inability to lead, play calling was horrible, of course injuries hurt, the qb situation was just about bad as can be. We could use all of those excuses but he certainly is better then this years numbers. I hope we can resign him long term, just not sure he wants that. I expect we franchise him.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    My beef with him as well! I'd like to see him stay here, but I'm betting he wants too much to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Even on our un-pass happy offense he still looks pretty damn good.
    That's what I was thinking...Listen, Bowe might not be perfect, but give the guy some credit. He's made some spectacular catches, many in situations where if we had any less of a reciever, we wouldn't have had those yards, first downs or touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I think Otis Taylor was the best we ever had, but Bowe is definately the best we've had in a while!

Not worth top dollar IMO. He was 2nd in the league in drops this year and was near the top in prior years. The spectacular he can do, the routine sometimes is in question. Way to unreliable in my book to give him top money.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Not worth top dollar IMO. He was 2nd in the league in drops this year and was near the top in prior years. The spectacular he can do, the routine sometimes is in question. Way to unreliable in my book to give him top money.
    I highly doubt d bowe is back because he does drop easy balls and is not gonna get a top contract. Hes been at the top of the league in drops since hes been here but baldwin dropped sone easy ones this year too. U know some team is gonna give him a fat contract. Despite the dropped balls he still helped us win games and if he isnt a chief i hope he plays well where ever he ends up. He ends up a donkey or a charger itll be another story. I dont know im reminded of neil smith. Didnt carl not want to pay him and then he went to the donkeys.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast