Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3 thoughts

Default Game 3 thoughts

The Good

On Offense Alex Smith,Donnie Avery,Jamal Charles
    Donnie Avery player of the game for sure

Defense created turnovers that won the game. And did a fairly good job against the Eagles High speed offense. Justin Houston is clearly in the running for AFC defensive player of the year through 3 weeks

The bad

Offense O LINE O LINE O LINE it's becoming a theme. Fisher played like a rookie and HAS to learn from it going forward. Bowe 1 catch From our number 1 WR not going to get the job done.

Defense a few big plays given up Mccoy tourched them on a number of plays they have to clean that up

Overall this is one the Chiefs were lucky to be in position to win late but they did go out and FINISH the job on offense late in that game. 3-0 Bring on the Giants
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have said for a while that Smith just is not the guy to lead this team. He is playing like Cassel did two years ago. He has not made the mistakes that Cassel made this year, but unless the defense stays on the plus side of the turnovers, this team is going to have trouble. We need this offense to pick it up, when you get to a team that does not turn over the ball, we are going to be sent reeling.
    In fairness what is Smith suppose to do with the O line in the current shape that it's in and the number 1 WR is getting out preformed but the 3rd string TE?

Smith is playing well for the most part there are some throws he has to make better but He's not the biggest issue on offense right now that would be the O line
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I have given up on that Offensive line horse. I just don't think that is ever going to happen at this point.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have given up on that Offensive line horse. I just don't think that is ever going to happen at this point.
    I thought the same thing about the Bears O-line. They were terrible for years. Now with two free agent signings and two good rookie draft picks Kyle Long and Jordan Mills, they have given up one sack in two games and Cutler now has the time to go through his reads and make good plays.

The Bears were lucky. Finding good offensive linemen, especially in the draft, is a craps shoot. But it CAN be done, and an O-line can be turned around quickly. Sometimes it's just a matter of replacing one or two players and shifting others around. If the Bears can do it, so can the Chiefs.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

We're 3-0.... Can't you just be happy? Always gotta have a Debbie downer. Bows is probably getting double teams all game leaving everyone else open. We're freaking 3-0!!! Enjoy it a little, not every game is going to be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Defense was amazing. Especially against this offense... just... wow. It's pick your poison on that D-line. Who do you double?? Tyson Jackson even got a lot of pressure tonight. I though he did a GREAT job. If TJ starts playing at a high level, things could get scary for this defensive unit. Unreal
    I think TJ's improved performance is due, in large part, to the fact that other players around him are playing better. When you have to block Poe, Houston and Hali, you can only double team so many players and that opens up TJ to make plays.

He has always had the talent. Now our defense is giving him the ability to display that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    ...Bows is probably getting double teams all game leaving everyone else open. ...
    I'm sure he is. Teams scheme to shut down an offense's biggest weapon. Sometimes it works and other times they get beat by the other weapons. I don't care if Bowe is making plays, or Avery, or Charles, just as long as somebody is! I don't play fantasy football, so I don't care how many yards, receptions or TD passes Bowe has, as long as the Chiefs win.

That is the beauty of having multiple weapons. You can't shut down everybody.

...Unless you're the Chiefs defense, that is.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-20-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I agree. Our defense looks stout. I'll be at arrowhead next weekend to see them live!! I can't wait!

If everybody will excuse me, I'm hearing a lot about how this was not a "pretty" win and this unit sucked and that sucked and everything sucked and I'll admit I'd prefer not to be huffing nitroglycerine all through the game, but let's take a look at the game.....

1) WIN.....26-16

2) Held Philthy which has scored 31.5 points per game previously to 16 points. Half their previous average.

3) Got the lead early and NEVER TRAILED

4) NO TURNOVERS

5) Net yards passing.......248

6) Net yards rushing.......147

7) Alex Smith 22-35 (63%) ZERO interceptions.

8) Opponent sacked 5 times for 30 yards lost

9) Opponent picked off twice

10) Opponent fumbles recovered 3

11) Net yards per pass attempt....7.08

12) Net yards per completion.....11.27

So yes....it wasn't a classic thrashing we put on Philthy, but we won the game, we won all the stats except rushing yards, we won the turnover battle, we led starting at something like 3 minutes into the game and never trailed....we just all around WON!!!

Sure.....I'd have liked to have seen much better O-line play and we failed to take advantage of some opportunities on Offense, but all in all we are 3-0 and other than our win over the lowly Jags, this was our most convincing win yet.

We have won on the road against a crap team.

We have won at home against a good team.

We have won on the road on a short week against a good team.

What's not to like?

Can we get better? HELL YES!!!!

But are we doing DAMNED WELL????? HELL YES!!!!!!!

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think TJ's improved performance is due, in large part, to the fact that other players around him are playing better. When you have to block Poe, Houston and Hali, you can only double team so many players and that opens up TJ to make plays.

He has always had the talent. Now our defense is giving him the ability to display that talent.

I'm sure he is. Teams scheme to shut down an offense's biggest weapon. Sometimes it works and other times they get beat by the other weapons. I don't care if Bowe is making plays, or Avery, or Charles, just as long as somebody is! I don't play fantasy football, so I don't care how many yards, receptions or TD passes Bowe has, as long as the Chiefs win.

That is the beauty of having multiple weapons. You can't shut down everybody.

...Unless you're the Chiefs defense, that is.
    Post of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    We're 3-0.... Can't you just be happy? Always gotta have a Debbie downer. Bows is probably getting double teams all game leaving everyone else open. We're freaking 3-0!!! Enjoy it a little, not every game is going to be perfect
    I'm very happy to be 3-0 There's a lot to be happy with this team right now. The defense looks like it can be a top 5 defense for sure there's a little to clean up but every team in the NFL is going to have that.

Bowe I get frustrated with we have seen him have so many big games where he just turns it on then there's games like lastnight i guess now it is where you forget he's playing. The first play tonight was to him and he drops it. that's just setting up on the wrong foot. Just frustrating he's a great player but he takes games off.

It's not being a debbie downer to talk about the good and the bad. It's just discussion I think we're all happy to be 3-0 but there are some areas that need work. The coaches will go over stuff like that with the team as well. Only dwelling on the bad would be a debbie downer but I haven't seen many doing that at this point. Most talk about the good and the bad
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If everybody will excuse me, I'm hearing a lot about how this was not a "pretty" win and this unit sucked and that sucked and everything sucked and I'll admit I'd prefer not to be huffing nitroglycerine all through the game, but let's take a look at the game.....

1) WIN.....26-16

2) Held Philthy which has scored 31.5 points per game previously to 16 points. Half their previous average.

3) Got the lead early and NEVER TRAILED

4) NO TURNOVERS

5) Net yards passing.......248

6) Net yards rushing.......147

7) Alex Smith 22-35 (63%) ZERO interceptions.

8) Opponent sacked 5 times for 30 yards lost

9) Opponent picked off twice

10) Opponent fumbles recovered 3

11) Net yards per pass attempt....7.08

12) Net yards per completion.....11.27

So yes....it wasn't a classic thrashing we put on Philthy, but we won the game, we won all the stats except rushing yards, we won the turnover battle, we led starting at something like 3 minutes into the game and never trailed....we just all around WON!!!

Sure.....I'd have liked to have seen much better O-line play and we failed to take advantage of some opportunities on Offense, but all in all we are 3-0 and other than our win over the lowly Jags, this was our most convincing win yet.

We have won on the road against a crap team.

We have won at home against a good team.

We have won on the road on a short week against a good team.

What's not to like?

Can we get better? HELL YES!!!!

But are we doing DAMNED WELL????? HELL YES!!!!!!!

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!
    I agree on all counts.

The only thing I have a real worry about is the o line since it's been a problem alot. But they do have a little bye week now having 10 days between games they can get that cleaned up

The more I see this team to more I'm pumped.

That LONG offensive drive in the 4th was HUGE and really exciting in the past that would have been a 3 and out or a turnover. This is a exciting team right now
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast