Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dorsey, what a waste

Default Dorsey, what a waste

of talent on this team.

i feel bad for him. im a die hard saints fan and LSU fan. i've Dorsey play since his sophmore year at LSU.

i remember in last years draft, when the chiefs were on the board, the saints offered to trade up, supposedly, the saints offered there number 10 overall, and there 2nd round pick and a pick in 2009 for the chiefs 5th overall, and the chiefs declined.

so Dorsey comes here, to the Chiefs, of course i was ok with that since i do like the chiefs, but i had a feeling it would be a few years before he was on a winning team or even a mediocre team.

whats worse is that Herm Edwards, used Dorsey Terribly. Dorsey did well at LSU for attacking the passer. Not read and reacting. so Edwards has Dorsey lining up head across Guards? hello? anyone home? how do you put a DT thats best at pass rushing head across a guard?

what a waste.

edwards gets fired. great. fantastic. now what becomes of Dorsey? a NT? are you f***ing serious?

i just can't beleive how the chiefs can take 1 of the most talented pass rushing DT's to ever come out of the NFL draft in years, and turn him into a completely worthless player who's career is gonna flop due to p!ss poor management and coaching.

at this point, i really, really do wish the chiefs would cut Dorsey so he can move onto a different team that knows something about football and he can be used for what he's best at and succeed. i don't care what team, any team that will at least use him correctly.

because its evidentally clear, as long as he is here in kansas city, he is an utter waste of great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    No one here really cares about a Saints homer's gripe with the Chiefs. If you're looking for pitty because you're butt hurt over how things look to be panning out for your boy Dorsey then you best look elsewhere.

wow, no wonder why the chiefs have been 1 of the worst teams in recent years. its fans are happy about wasting a 5th overall pick and huge cap hit for what is gonna be a below average player because of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan101 View Post
    wow, no wonder why the chiefs have been 1 of the worst teams in recent years. its fans are happy about wasting a 5th overall pick and huge cap hit for what is gonna be a below average player because of coaching.
    No one said that the new management had to do anything to keep the flow of continuity from the previous one. As far as I know our current DC is known for running both a 34/43 hybrid scheme. Does that mean the outs for Dorsey? No. Means they'll find a fit for Dorsey's skill set somewhere for the time being and he'll either learn to adapt as we change or we'll cut our ties with him when the time comes.

I'll just post a nugget of information I found interesting.

Compares To: WARREN SAPP-Oakland...While both have made a nice living off their explosive initial step, Dorsey does not have the same game-changing ability Sapp displayed during the prime of his career. Let's face it, Dorsey is a good sanitation man (takes out the trash by handling multiple blockers, thus freeing a teammate up to make the play), but if statistics tell the true story, he had just 13 sacks, 27 stops for losses and seven quarterback pressures in 51 collegiate games. While we will follow the party line that he could develop into another Sapp, he also could be a clone of a former LSU Tiger, Anthony McFarland.

Yes, if only we could have the Saints rich, winning tradition.

Ok, this is what bothers me. Dorsey CAN PLAY DT, HE CAN...his body type allows him to do this. Hes shaped like a big rock, he can bulk up a bit, and could be GREAT at this position...Honestly, I saw a guy out of position last year, and the 3-4 NT spot lets him use his skills...

Now, I ask what happens to Tank, I guess he becomes the backup guy and our 4-3 2nd DT.

I am fine with that...if it doesnt work out, I'd be shocked, and so would quite a few REAL NFL people who initially said he could play nose coming out last year

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yes, if only we could have the Saints rich, winning tradition.
    No joke man. They essentially get a second draft and a couple more for the following season in '99 and the only thing they have to show for it is a Wildcard playoff berth. Lol, and this guy makes fun of our management.

A.) He is a DT in The NFL. He damn well better learn to go head-to-head against Offensive Linemen, or he will be a flop with any team.

B.) Complaining about the new coaching staff changing to a defense that you don't think he fits, just shows your bias toward babying the player that you like.

You don't mold your entire defense around one player. And if he is that damn good, then he will shine despite being in a different defense.

While I agree that the alleged Saints/Chiefs draft day trade offer should have been taken, I don't know for sure that it actually happened.

Because I also heard that the offer was Saints 1st & 5th for Chiefs 1st.

Neither sounds all that realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A.) He is a DT in The NFL. He damn well better learn to go head-to-head against Offensive Linemen, or he will be a flop with any team.

B.) Complaining about the new coaching staff changing to a defense that you don't think he fits, just shows your bias toward babying the player that you like.

You don't mold your entire defense around one player. And if he is that damn good, then he will shine despite being in a different defense.

While I agree that the alleged Saints/Chiefs draft day trade offer should have been taken, I don't know for sure that it actually happened.

Because I also heard that the offer was Saints 1st & 5th for Chiefs 1st.

Neither sounds all that realistic to me.
    Right on brother.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Wow dude. You seriously need to chill. lol. Woosah, Woosah, rub the ears. Remember your pressure points.

Give it more than a year before you start going on a mad crusade into a Chiefs forums berating us for something out of our control~

I still have belief that Dorsey will end up being very good.. hell he didnt do BAD last year, just didnt have sacks, and he had nothing helping him and noone to teach him. He will progress.

Hm, Reggie Bush...what a waste.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast