Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Did Jerrel Powe play? If so how did he do?
    If I remember right, he did come in to relieve Poe a few times in the second half. By that point it didn't matter, RGIII and Cousins had pretty much given up on the game, and their play reflected it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    wonder what they'll throw at us ???
    Batteries, they're the scum of the earth. Everybody needs to keep their helmet on if/when we spank them like we did at the sacred acre.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Off to Oakland next week and it won't be friendly territory, for sure. Perhaps the Chiefs will play well enough to have Raider fans empty their stadium by halftime the same way we saw Skins fans empty FedEx field by halftime yesterday.

The Chiefs really need this game, just like they did yesterday.
    If the Chiefs want to make a statement...Prove to everyone this game that our O-line is capable of stomping out the Raiders D-line two games in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    If the Chiefs want to make a statement...Prove to everyone this game that our O-line is capable of stomping out the Raiders D-line two games in a year.
    Yes, it'll come down a battle in the trenches. The Chiefs O-Line must win decisively this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Batteries, they're the scum of the earth. Everybody needs to keep their helmet on if/when we spank them like we did at the sacred acre.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Actually the ones I read about (Greg Hill interview, unfortunately I couldn't find it on the web) were the 9 volt kinds. But for heaven's sake don't give Raiders fans any new ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Actually the ones I read about (Greg Hill interview, unfortunately I couldn't find it on the web) were the 9 volt kinds. But for heaven's sake don't give Raiders fans any new ideas!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...the-first-time

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    battery sales are probably thru the roof this week. I alway thought those clowns stuck em in their heads to make their eyeballs spin
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

speaking of batteries, i have to get a new one. The one in my vechile couldn't handle the -30 or lower temps this past week

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    speaking of batteries, i have to get a new one. The one in my vechile couldn't handle the -30 or lower temps this past week
    usually its the summer heat that does em in

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast