Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Tracker

Default Mock Draft Tracker

I've been keeping track of mock drafts from around the league and compiled them into a table. Check it out:

http://arrowheadpride.com/section/draft

Dwayne Bowe is the consensus pick for the Chiefs in the first round.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i still think if its up to the queen or hermmie. the queen will go for a WR and hermmie will try for the best CB on the board.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead Pride View Post
    I've been keeping track of mock drafts from around the league and compiled them into a table. Check it out:

http://arrowheadpride.com/section/draft

Dwayne Bowe is the consensus pick for the Chiefs in the first round.

Cool! thanks for the resouce link!:orange:

Croyle had success with Hall and Prothro at Alabama I have seen him about ten times. I dont know about you guys but i dont know about Jarrett i really worry about the whole product of the system thing. I like Bowe he is bigger and more likely to go over the middle and he has great hands. I do like the idea of a young qb and wr combo. Dont you think though when it comes down to it they have to pick the wr, dt, or cb with the most value at the pick. Like seeing who else is available behind him at that position

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    Dont you think though when it comes down to it they have to pick the wr, dt, or cb with the most value at the pick. Like seeing who else is available behind him at that position
    Absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    Croyle had success with Hall and Prothro at Alabama I have seen him about ten times. I dont know about you guys but i dont know about Jarrett i really worry about the whole product of the system thing. I like Bowe he is bigger and more likely to go over the middle and he has great hands. I do like the idea of a young qb and wr combo. Dont you think though when it comes down to it they have to pick the wr, dt, or cb with the most value at the pick. Like seeing who else is available behind him at that position

Same here; at some point we have to try to quit getting the quick fixes for the present and start building for the future.

I believe that the Jets showed the way to build for the future and the "right now", at the same time, in last seasons draft. They picked up the best OT and the best C in the draft. Viola!! The Jets found a passing attack in week one. They managed to average 108.6 yards per game, on the ground. they did this, with rookies, starting at Left tackle and center and a "platoon" of no name halfbacks. Chad Pennington had a break-out season. Ateam who had an offense that was dull, turned it around and became a balanced team....In one season. Overnight, if you will. They even made it to the playoffs.

I grant, that they didn't jump to the top of the team offense statistics, but they discovered that they didn't have to punt, each time they got the football.

Now, as this applies to the Chiefs.... I trust Herm Edwards to create a top-tier defense. However, he doesn't impress me with his offenses. Grant the offense some help, where it means the most, the offensive line.

The offensive lines most important position is at left tackle. Having suffered the retirement of Willie Roaf, the position is, now, a liability. Damien Macintosh is little more than a "patch job", and better suited to be a right tackle. There are three players who have shown signs of becoming a dominant left tackle, in this years draft. Joe Staley may have the biggest "upside". (I'm not going to give my full scouting report.) and he is the most likely, to drop to our draft position.

I agree, that the Chiefs are thin at WR, but feel that the talent level, at that position, is relatively level, through two full rounds, this year. (aside from Calvin Johnson) If a Trent Green trade should move us up in the second round, then we would have the ability to address the situation in a spot, where most of the guys available at twenty-three, should still be available. If that doesn't happen, then there should still be two or three guys within that same talent level.

Herm has the ability to select a defensive player, in the lower rounds of the draft, and turn them into very good starters. Look no further than Jarred Page, for an example.

Instead of building the defense fast, while allowing the offense to peter out, why not build both, at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I believe that the Jets showed the way to build for the future and the "right now", at the same time, in last seasons draft. They picked up the best OT and the best C in the draft. Viola!! The Jets found a passing attack in week one. They managed to average 108.6 yards per game, on the ground. they did this, with rookies, starting at Left tackle and center and a "platoon" of no name halfbacks. Chad Pennington had a break-out season. Ateam who had an offense that was dull, turned it around and became a balanced team....In one season. Overnight, if you will. They even made it to the playoffs.

I grant, that they didn't jump to the top of the team offense statistics, but they discovered that they didn't have to punt, each time they got the football.

Now, as this applies to the Chiefs.... I trust Herm Edwards to create a top-tier defense. However, he doesn't impress me with his offenses. Grant the offense some help, where it means the most, the offensive line.

The offensive lines most important position is at left tackle. Having suffered the retirement of Willie Roaf, the position is, now, a liability. Damien Macintosh is little more than a "patch job", and better suited to be a right tackle. There are three players who have shown signs of becoming a dominant left tackle, in this years draft. Joe Staley may have the biggest "upside". (I'm not going to give my full scouting report.) and he is the most likely, to drop to our draft position.

I agree, that the Chiefs are thin at WR, but feel that the talent level, at that position, is relatively level, through two full rounds, this year. (aside from Calvin Johnson) If a Trent Green trade should move us up in the second round, then we would have the ability to address the situation in a spot, where most of the guys available at twenty-three, should still be available. If that doesn't happen, then there should still be two or three guys within that same talent level.

Herm has the ability to select a defensive player, in the lower rounds of the draft, and turn them into very good starters. Look no further than Jarred Page, for an example.

Instead of building the defense fast, while allowing the offense to peter out, why not build both, at the same time.
    Not to mention a coach that can put together an offense that doesn't consist of run, run, pass, punt.

Smile

I agree Chiefster, while a good defense is needed, you still need to change the offense from time to time, say maybe a pass, pass, run, Punt! (grin)

:sign0156:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    I agree Chiefster, while a good defense is needed, you still need to change the offense from time to time, say maybe a pass, pass, run, Punt! (grin)

:sign0156:

That'll keep the defense off ballance. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast