Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: college qb prospects

Default college qb prospects

i know it is way early to be posting this but who would you like to see us pick up in the 09 draft as far as qb's coming out
    tim tebow-florida
    sam bradford -oklahoma
    matt staffgord -georgia
    personally i would want sam bradford i do not know if tebow can translate his shotgun game to the nfl urban meyers qb's usually can not (alex amith) what is your thoughts

i'd like to see stafford because he'll be a good stepping stone qb for the franchise. I agree with u on Tebow, I don't think he'll be great in the nfl. He may hav a good yr or two, but he'll get battered, move out of his pocket too much, etc.

I am not sure any Qb from college can translate to the NFL without a decent offensive line. It didn't work for David Carr, Joe Harrington, Alex Smith and a slew of other QB's.

Curtis Painter.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

would have been nice to pick up alan faneca in the offseason..among others...we dont want a fresh out of college qb..we will still be in the same boat...

Quote Originally Posted by zro2gon View Post
    would have been nice to pick up alan faneca in the offseason..among others...we dont want a fresh out of college qb..we will still be in the same boat...

i disagree i think next year we absoulutly have to take a qb within the first two rounds

Stafford and Tebow will highlight the draft class. You have to to think with a thin class like that, that maybe some other juniors might come out. Maybe someone like Colt McCoy. Any USC QB is probably decent. Mark Sanchez might make some noise by the end of this season.

I wonder if the Chiefs have called Arizona about Leinart. That might be worth exploring. Perhaps going to Green Bay and talking to them about Matt Flynn or Brian Brohm. They could even call Philly about Kevin Kolb. I think there are cheaper options out there than what the Browns seem to be rumored to want for Quinn.

The Chiefs should draft Chase Daniel in 2009, he is one of the best qb prospects, atleast to me. But where ever he goes, I hate to see him leave M.U.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Mafia View Post
    The Chiefs should draft Chase Daniel in 2009, he is one of the best qb prospects, atleast to me. But where ever he goes, I hate to see him leave M.U.
    i was not sure if he was coming out in 2009 he is an awesome qb

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Mafia View Post
    clearly you are biased to MU. No team is going to take a big risk on a system QB that is barely 6 foot, whose arm isn't all that great. Yes he is accurate, but he has tons of talent to help him.

He may go as early as a third round but he is a second day pick. I am not saying he can't or won't make it in the NFL. It is a fact that he has only played in one system. A system not used in the NFL and a system that rarely produces NFL QB's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast