Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My thoughts (for those who care)

Default My thoughts (for those who care)

Everyone is saying Herm is on his way out. I do find it interesting that Herm wasn't fired BEFORE Pioli signed, like all the rumors had Hunt doing. If Pioli DOES come in and fire Herm immediately, I'm going to be VERY interested to see how he justifies it. "6 wins in 2 years" just isn't a smart argument. Neither of the last two teams were built to win and Herm is the guy who pushed to dump all the old guys and start completely over... which is now what Hunt is trying to continue to do.

This whole situation (if that's how it went down) is like sitting down with a salesman who convinces you that you should go one way instead of another and then after you've made your decision, you decided to grab another salesman to complete the sale so they could get the commission. It just doesn't make sense to me.

This whole move just seems like Hunt is just trying to please the mob. After watching EVERY SINGLE person leave that organization and absolutely BOMB by themselves, I just don't understand why everyone is so excited about this guy. If he brought Belichick with him, then I'd be more excited about it. But seriously, who do y'all think is more responsible for their successes, Pioli, Belichick, or having a solid O-line and franchise QB that was built before Pioli got there?

I REALLY hope Pioli does good for us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we're not just the next team to pluck an overrated part of Bellichick's staff like Savage, Weiss, McDaniel, Crennell, etc. I'm real curious why more people aren't worried about this. I've done my homework on Pioli and can't find exactly what he was responsible for during their great run this decade except that he was part of the team.

Bellichick has total personnel control over that team and Pioli wasn't even the GM.

The whole thing about this franchise and where they've been the past decade and where they're headed is that this franchise was decimated by poor drafting from 99 to 2005. The head coach always gets the majority of the blame for a team's failure and to a certain extent that's acceptable. But a successful team builds through the draft and doesn't trade away draft picks for older vets. For whatever reason, Peterson didn't like this concept and it ultimately led to the destruction of this team and his resignation.

I thank Edwards for finally getting this franchise on the right path and opening ownership's eyes to the fact that the right way to build a franchise is the way we're doing it and that Peterson was a cancer to this team. Edwards was the first coach since Schottenheimer to build this team correctly. At this point in the franchise's history, a coaches ability to manage the clock isn't exactly high on the list of concerns. He has established a culture this past year for the Chiefs and unless Pioli and the next head coach believe in the same concept, the Chiefs are never going to establish a consistently great team.

I will say though, that if you looked at the beginning of the Patriot dynasty, they did exactly what Edwards and Hunt want to do. They built the team through the draft and only recently started adding high priced free agents. So, that is encouraging. If Pioli fires Herm because he thinks he's bringing in a better talent who believes in the same concept as Edwards and Hunt do, then I'm all for it.

My very first concern has been and always will be building this team the right way. My endorsement of Edwards stems from the lone fact that he's the first guy who's pushed to do things the right way since Marty. My allegiance is to the team and any personnel who pushes to build the franchise for the long-term through the draft. The only other reason I thought Edwards should be retained is the fact he's only been given one team in three years who could've conceivably competed for a playoff birth and firing him IMO just isn't fair. But in term of the franchise, as long as they bring in a head coach with the same philosophy, I really don't care one way or the other who the head coach is. Well, as long as its not Ferentz.

Why isnt 6 wins in two yearsa good enough reason?

The way I see it, its all excuses. I dont care what players you have, whether you are rebuilding or not, what injury's happen, what players you cut, what plays dont get made, I do not care WHAT HAPPENS. You have to win more than 2 games in a season! Cut.Dry.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Why isnt 6 wins in two yearsa good enough reason?

The way I see it, its all excuses. I dont care what players you have, whether you are rebuilding or not, what injury's happen, what players you cut, what plays dont get made, I do not care WHAT HAPPENS. You have to win more than 2 games in a season! Cut.Dry.

Really? Cut and dry huh? It really is sad that this is the predominant opinion from Kansas City. There's ZERO foresight in this community and it's really starting to become apparent why Carl Peterson continually mortgaged the future of this franchise for wins NOW instead of building for a great team in the future.

People like this can't handle a couple losing seasons to do things the right way. Kansas City is showing its true colors. The fan base pisses and moans about not being able to make it to the Super Bowl, but when someone actually tries to correct the problem, the mob doesn't realize it because it's been so long since its happened.

Success isn't always measured in wins and its become apparent, wins and losses is the extent of this fan base's thought process.

Why are you forgetting how well Dimitroff (former personnel guy for Pats) has done in Atlanta this year?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Really? Cut and dry huh? It really is sad that this is the predominant opinion from Kansas City. There's ZERO foresight in this community and it's really starting to become apparent why Carl Peterson continually mortgaged the future of this franchise for wins NOW instead of building for a great team in the future.

People like this can't handle a couple losing seasons to do things the right way. Kansas City is showing its true colors. The fan base pisses and moans about not being able to make it to the Super Bowl, but when someone actually tries to correct the problem, the mob doesn't realize it because it's been so long since its happened.

Success isn't always measured in wins and its become apparent, wins and losses is the extent of this fan base's thought process.
    Is this true of anyone who disagrees with you? I agree with the argument that you are making as far as Herm looking to the future, however Herm is not a good game time coach. I am not going to repeat all the same stuff about him but his decisions during games, lack of adjustments etc. make him a bad coach. Just because he has the right idea of how to rebuild this team does not automatically make him a good coach. And just because some of us do not like Herm does not mean that wins and losses is the extent of how he is judged.

Just curious, but how is you are measuring his success?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Didn't you just write today on a different thread:

"The Chiefs need to spend every bit of that 30 million in cap space they currently posses on Vilma, Suggs/Peppers, Scott, Haynesworth, Dansby, Asomugha, Gross, etc.

Then, to make those moves more affordable, in 2010, you cut LJ, McIntosh, Surtain, and every other high cost, low production player we have on this team."

herm is a losing coach and has to go.and i do not think any of us know just how responsible pioli was for the patriots success. but i guarantee he had something to do with it. belicheck did not do it all on his own he is not god. there is a reason pioli has won numerous executive of the year awards.herm screwed himself when he did the rebuild by not addresing the offense and defensive lines GOOD BYE HERM

Yea its pretty cut and dry. Like I said, doesn't matter what excuses and reasons you give, you have to twin more than 2 games in a season. Herm has had 3 years, we gave a 4th round pick for him and he and CP ran out the best player we had. (who btw, was still young and draft built, just like you like em) So, again, pretty cut and dry, you win 2 games, you dont deserve to be the head coach of an NFL football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Is this true of anyone who disagrees with you? I agree with the argument that you are making as far as Herm looking to the future, however Herm is not a good game time coach. I am not going to repeat all the same stuff about him but his decisions during games, lack of adjustments etc. make him a bad coach. Just because he has the right idea of how to rebuild this team does not automatically make him a good coach. And just because some of us do not like Herm does not mean that wins and losses is the extent of how he is judged.

Just curious, but how is you are measuring his success?
    No. But its true of anyone who thinks "6 wins in 2 seasons" is a smart and valid argument.

IMO, Edwards did a great job during the first year of this rebuild. He was planning on spending money on free agents this year which is the right thing to do. I think being able to be competitive with a team primarily consisting of rookie to third year players which was starting a 7th string QB that had a horrible rash of injuries this season was successful. If he were allowed to add some key free agents and another draft class, like this next coach will, he'd do just as good, if not better this next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Didn't you just write today on a different thread:

"The Chiefs need to spend every bit of that 30 million in cap space they currently posses on Vilma, Suggs/Peppers, Scott, Haynesworth, Dansby, Asomugha, Gross, etc.

Then, to make those moves more affordable, in 2010, you cut LJ, McIntosh, Surtain, and every other high cost, low production player we have on this team."
    ok... but that doesn't mean you start trading draft picks or stop building the foundation of this franchise through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Yea its pretty cut and dry. Like I said, doesn't matter what excuses and reasons you give, you have to twin more than 2 games in a season. Herm has had 3 years, we gave a 4th round pick for him and he and CP ran out the best player we had. (who btw, was still young and draft built, just like you like em) So, again, pretty cut and dry, you win 2 games, you dont deserve to be the head coach of an NFL football team.
    It isn't, to me, only the fact that we got two wins this year. It's that our coach's personnel moves and gametime decisions were the main reason we only got two wins. If Herm were in his first year with other people's problems, I guess this could be chalked up. But this is his third year and these are his guys. He had total control.

And still, he drafted duds on the DL. He kept a dud DC. He tried to make the Brodie Croyle experiment work long past its expiration. He never bothered to worry about the OL. We kept making terrible free agent signings(Darling, D. Williams) to long contracts.

Not to mention his gametime gaffes that cost us at least 3-4 wins this year.

How are we not richer for losing Herm?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast