Thread: Bye week concerns....

Default Bye week concerns....

I just noticed we have a bye week on week 4. That just sucks.

How will this effect the rest of the season?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well, with it being early in the season it gives us the opportunity to correct issues surfaced in the first 3 wks, prior to facing the rest of the season. As well, some hold the opinion that bye weeks later in the season can be a disadvantage if the team is on a roll...breaks or slows their momentum. There are pros & con's early or later.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

WHAT DARN THAT PIOLI FOR MAKEING THE BYE THAT EARLY!!!!!!! only kidding

I dont like the bye that early. If we have some injuries late in the season we wont get a week to heel them. It sucks but oh well what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, with it being early in the season it gives us the opportunity to correct issues surfaced in the first 3 wks, prior to facing the rest of the season. As well, some hold the opinion that bye weeks later in the season can be a disadvantage if the team is on a roll...breaks or slows their momentum. There are pros & con's early or later.

Right on Connie! God you think very clear and intelligently about football, were you a Coach or GM in a past life? LoL

More Chiefs football during the meaty part of the schedule.... hopefully our boys will be fired up and ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Right on Connie! God you think very clear and intelligently about football, were you a Coach or GM in a past life? LoL
    HA! I wish! lol

Nah, my mind naturally views most stuff from a positive perspective. I'm conditioned to look for good in bad, positive in negative. From childhood throughout life I've faced many obstacles and negative life circumstances...finding the good in bad, or positive in negative...is often the only means of survival, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~