Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A case for Todd Haley

Default A case for Todd Haley

Ok so there are many threds talking about fireing Todd Haley or makeing him just the OC and getting a new Head coach. Well I am going to make a case for him.

1st The Chiefs are NOT a team that have clearly gone backwards from a season ago. They have one more win. They have problems this season but its not like theses problems are anything new. They are just things that have not been fixed yet. Haley deserves time to fix these problems. This is not his mess he should get time to fix it. The D was bad a year ago with Gunther as DC. Thats not anything new. The O LINE was bad a year ago with Chan as OC thats nothing new. Haley should get more then 1 year to fix theses problems.

2nd Jamal Charles. Alot of fans are upset becuse Charles did not start the season as the starting RB of the Chiefs. There is a reason that it happend that way. FUMBLES. Thats why Charles was not the starter at the beging of the season. Haley could only go off what he saw in the preseason. Charles Had the fumble bug in the preseaon. You cant start a guy at RB if you dont know that he can hold on the the ball. Thats just how football works. I completly agree with that desicon.

3rd This team would defenty go backwards if Haley was fired and ONCE again we started all over. When the New coach got in we would have alot of the same problems. The young players that would stay on this football team would have to go through there 3rd system in 3 years. Thats never going to help a football team. It would only slow down the devolpment of this young team. Does anyone realy want to start all over yet again before Haley gets a real Chance with players that he choses to bring in. Starting over would do this team NO GOOD at this point.

There are some problems that this team has that are new. But as much as this season has been frustrating to watch there are some signs of life in some areas of this team. The O line has been better then what they were at the start of the season. Are they good no but they have improved over the season. The pass rush on this team is better then it was a year ago. They are not going to set a all time low for sacks like they did a season ago. Hali has defently been made a better player. There are signs of improvement on this team. Give it time and it may still work out. I dont think anyone would care who the Chiefs coach is as long as they are winning. But Starting over AGAIN next season IMO would be the wrong thing to do.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You almost never go forwards before going backwards when your that bad. Otherwise you end up with teams like the Broncos, Falcons, and Jets. Quick fixs aren't the answer.

2. I don't agree with JC not being the starter from the beginning. I would have rather got the bug out of him early, seeing how we were losing already. LJ was nothign but a problem once he signed that contract. I am thinking we should resign JC to reward him for this year, that way it doesn't go the LJ way.

3. I agree with you there. Look at Cleavland, Oakland, and Seattle. They are never good because they make so many head coaching changes. Schemes change almost every year and players don't adapt to them. Maybe it was bad we fired Herm, but Pioli wanted a new scheme. Just give the scheme time to develop.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Totally agree with both of you!

Haley has a chance to show that he is in this to make good decisions and move this team forward by naming new coordinators to his coaching squad.

I would also be looking for an Offensive line coach and a defensive line coach to be named pretty soon as well.

If he moves quickly to replace those positions, then maybe there is some intelligence behind that angry exterior he has thrown around all season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Haley has a chance to show that he is in this to make good decisions and move this team forward by naming new coordinators to his coaching squad.

I would also be looking for an Offensive line coach and a defensive line coach to be named pretty soon as well.

If he moves quickly to replace those positions, then maybe there is some intelligence behind that angry exterior he has thrown around all season.
    At least he's toned it downed a couple notches since the beginning of the season. In a couple of those early games I thought he was actually gonna "blow a gasket" and drop dead on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    1. You almost never go forwards before going backwards when your that bad. Otherwise you end up with teams like the Broncos, Falcons, and Jets. Quick fixs aren't the answer..
    I've seen you mention this before in regards to the Broncos. What "quick fix" are you referring to exactly? Denver was supposed to be the worst team in the AFC this year. School me please.
    Last edited by Kid Azteca; 12-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    I've seen you mention this before in regards to the Broncos. What "quick fix" are you referring to exactly? Denver was supposed to be the worst team in the AFC this year. School me please.
    Its like a team the overacheives for the first six games, then maybe squeaks into a wild card spot only to get their as$es handed to them. Then next season they can pretend that they were really that good and ignore the problems that they have for another year. Class dismissed.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Its like a team the overacheives for the first six games, then maybe squeaks into a wild card spot only to get their as handed to them. Then next season they can pretend that they were really that good and ignore the problems that they have for another year. Class dismissed.

Lol, so by that logic you assume that Denver traded away Cutler fully aware they would be in playoff position come December? Please.

I'll ask again, where's the "quick fix'?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Lol, so by that logic you assume that Denver traded away Cutler fully aware they would be in playoff position come December? Please.

I'll ask again, where's the "quick fix'?
    Oh, I thought u hired a new coach, got a new QB etc....guess I was wrong.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Oh, I thought u hired a new coach, got a new QB etc....guess I was wrong.
    So in essence you're saying that Kansas City went the "quick fix" rout?

To me-that's called "rebuilding".

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast