Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles

Default Jamaal Charles

That guy was running like he was back in Austin stealing televisions. I hope we can develop him into the bad *** he appears to be...
    "The Dude Abides..."

Yeah. Good job making Sooner fans look bad. Must be bitter with UT in the BCS Championship and Bradford sitting at home playing XBox.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Yeah. Good job making Sooner fans look bad. Must be bitter with UT in the BCS Championship and Bradford sitting at home playing XBox.

Come on any UT fan would know it was Benson not Jamal Charles stealing televisions I was making a joke I am extremely happy to have him as a Kansas City Chief, get over yourselves...
    "The Dude Abides..."

Quote Originally Posted by soonerpike697 View Post
    get over yourselves...
    Yeah, WE'RE the ones with the problem. There was nothing too off color or insulting about your joke.

I'm very impressed with Charles!! AWESOME!!

Okay, so let's look at Haley's decision to play or not play Charles until LJ was gone. Pure speculation on my part of course, but...an alternative point of view would be as follows:

Possibly Haley knew that LJ's time with the Chiefs was nearing an end, for whatever reason (including financial feasibility...his high paycheck vs performance). As well, that we didn't have much of a chance of a winning season with he and Pioli's first year attempt to desperately rebuild a losing Edwards/Peterson Chiefs team, with what tool's they were given, including money.

He did indeed recognize the potential talent of Charles, but...considering all factors of our current team, including weak protection with blocking, etc....preferred to risk injury to a fading out LJ rather than Charles, saving Charles for the Chiefs team of the future...next season, whatever.

Hey...it's a speculative thought! hahaha :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    its amazing what happens when you play your best players. also happy to see Haley figuring out the tools and capabilities Brad Cottam has to offer as well... ugh. i really should be on the staff at arrowhead. i've been railing for these guys (and DJ, Tank Tyler, Pollard, Tamba, etc) all last year, off season, training camp, and this season... and just NOW Haley figures his sh!t out.
    Please look at it from Haley's eyes. The guy had a fumbling problem in training camp, just as the chiefs had a dropping problems. It was widely reported that he was the best Rb in camp, but the one problem was his fumbles. If the coach does not trust a player he isn't going to play him. What happened on the kick of at the home opener? Charles fumbles the ball and pretty much set the mood for that game. If I was Haley, I woulnd't be ready to hand him the ball 27 times a game.

I was not a huge fan of Charles, because I didn't trust him. I felt that a good hit would jar that ball loose. Everytime he touched the ball I feared the worste. I am pretty sure the game Charles was benched was due to his fumbling at practice.

Now that LJ is gone and Kolby is again hurt Charles was forced into the role and embraced it. He fumbled a couple times, but he is working on protecting the ball better and is earning Trust. I still feel that way at times, but most of the time I expect good things now instead of the worste.

People can sit here and critisize Haley for player moves but we do not see the whole picture. It is easy to point fingers with hind site.

There was a price tag for Tank Tyler. Another team actually wanted him. I am guessing the offer was acceptable so they took it as an opportunity to rebuild, specially seeing that Ron Edwards isn't doing all that bad.

Regarding DJ. I am his biggest fan, but he is not a 3/4 line backer. He belongs at OLB in a 4/3. I wish him luck next year, but he is clearly a liability for the Chiefs this year. I still think he is good enough and big enough to play in place of Vrabel but that won't happen.

Pollard was openly arguing with Haley in the locker room. Given the heated exchanges he had on the field last year, and the heated temper of Haley. The two apparently had it out in the locker room neither to back down. The Chiefs felt it best to move on as they did with LJ specially with Brown there as a replacment At least that is what I have heard, so take it as rumor or fact????

Tamba has played since day one and doing well. I don't even know why you are complaining about him.

Only issue I can see that may occur is if the Chiefs don't turn the team around, I see Charles either asking for more money and want to be traded just like every other merging "star" in the NFL.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Only issue I can see that may occur is if the Chiefs don't turn the team around, I see Charles either asking for more money and want to be traded just like every other merging "star" in the NFL.
    Of course Charles is going to ask for more money. This should be a surprise to nobody when it happens. He is making 3rd round pick salary and we want him to be a part of this team for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Of course Charles is going to ask for more money. This should be a surprise to nobody when it happens. He is making 3rd round pick salary and we want him to be a part of this team for a long time.
    And how often do you see a back-up start in the middle of the season, do good, ask for more money, get it, teams adjust to the them, then they suck the next season? All the time. I hope the Chiefs don't give him more money til after next season as long as he has a good 2010.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

He should get more money, should he get Landanian Tomlinson money? No but he should get paid, RB is a tough position to play and has a limited number of years pay the man, he is our 3rd best 3 WR, our best KR/PR, our best RB, and you wanna pay him like crap we need him he is by far out most versatile player and our best player we have. I think he should be getting D-Bowe money.

And how often do you see a back-up start in the middle of the season, do good, ask for more money, get it, teams adjust to the them, then they suck the next season? All the time. I hope the Chiefs don't give him more money til after next season as long as he has a good 2010.
    Are we talking about Cassel or Charles?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast