Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Stanzi is a "possibility"

Default Stanzi is a "possibility"

According to the link below, Stanzi starting this week is a possibility.

Ricky Stanzi starting a “possibility” for Chiefs | ProFootballTalk

I think I can understand where the people are coming about playing Stanzi. Yea, even with the OL as it is, it isn't about seeing if Stanzi is Superman or not, but just for him to play. Sometimes, you know, people perform better when it is for real, and sometimes, people perform worse. And for the sake of agrument, some people perform bad in all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ... and you think throwing a rookie QB behind an O-line that, by the end of Sunday saw our starting RT playing LT on top of numerous other injuries along the line, against the best pass rush in the league and the #3 defense overall would be the best situation to evaluate the young QB? Not to mention, the play-calling is horrendous and he has nobody to throw to...

So, basically, what you're saying is that we should've thrown him in to see if he was the messiah? Is that right?
    You have all the answers why not in week 15 then, I think we were out of the playoffs then, a week we ran for over 300 yards were playing against a rookie QB and still lost just maybe he would not have thrown the int and could have won, but we did not get a chance to see did we? No not to see if he was the messiah just to see what he could do, good or bad, in a real game.

Maybe he would have thrown three

That would have told us something and confirmed that he was no good and we would have still lost the game so what, the way it stands we have no idea about him.

Even if he was the next coming of Manning we would have no idea with the coaches we had, look at how much they played Breaston a known to be good WR.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ... and you think throwing a rookie QB behind an O-line that, by the end of Sunday saw our starting RT playing LT on top of numerous other injuries along the line, against the best pass rush in the league and the #3 defense overall would be the best situation to evaluate the young QB? Not to mention, the play-calling is horrendous and he has nobody to throw to...

So, basically, what you're saying is that we should've thrown him in to see if he was the messiah? Is that right?
    Well, he shouldve been in quite awhile ago, like when we got mathematically eliminated.

All i wanted was to see if Stanzi was worth keeping.

Its over now so as far as i'm concerned they can cut him today or just bring him in during the off season for real qb competition and let the chips fall. If he stinks early in camp get rid of him and bring in some others.

they should bring in 5,6,7,8 young qbs in and take the best three to the preseason.
    I do think they need to have at least one vet.
    Last edited by swochief; 01-01-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: changed a word

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    That would have told us something and confirmed that he was no good and we would have still lost the game so what, the way it stands we have no idea about him.

Even if he was the next coming of Manning we would have no idea with the coaches we had, look at how much they played Breaston a known to be good WR.
    I understand this but what I am saying is that I watched him in practice and it was very clear to me why he has not played. The kid at best may have reached the level of Brodie Croyle. The two are very similar. Both are very Skinny and look like they will break as soon as they are hit. Both had strong arms and can hit people wide open but when it comes to the speed of the game. They are out of the league.

Fact of the matter it would have made no difference had he played. People will still have made excuses for him for why he failed.

All I have been trying to tell people in this thread is to move one. The best Qb on this team giving the Chiefs the best chance to win was Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I understand this but what I am saying is that I watched him in practice and it was very clear to me why he has not played. The kid at best may have reached the level of Brodie Croyle. The two are very similar. Both are very Skinny and look like they will break as soon as they are hit. Both had strong arms and can hit people wide open but when it comes to the speed of the game. They are out of the league.

Fact of the matter it would have made no difference had he played. People will still have made excuses for him for why he failed.

All I have been trying to tell people in this thread is to move one. The best Qb on this team giving the Chiefs the best chance to win was Cassel.

Why in the world was he even still on the roster ? Some more of pioli's ego and not wanting to admit mistakes and move on i reckon.

If he's as bad as you saw then they should in no way bring him back at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

That is all fine and dandy that in your opinion he was not even a good clipboard holder, not anything against you but your opinion means nothing to most of us, put him in and let the rest of us make our opinion on his ability is all I was saying, I sure would not have made excesses for him, he would either sink or swim on his own.

As it is we only have your opinion on his ability and before you say the coaches didn't like him look what they did to Breaston even after Bowe went down and don't say he was not any good he had 61 rec for 785 yards last year for the Chiefs this year he had 7 rec for 74 yards, did his talent fall off that quick?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    That is all fine and dandy that in your opinion he was not even a good clipboard holder, not anything against you but your opinion means nothing to most of us, put him in and let the rest of us make our opinion on his ability is all I was saying, I sure would not have made excesses for him, he would either sink or swim on his own.

As it is we only have your opinion on his ability and before you say the coaches didn't like him look what they did to Breaston even after Bowe went down and don't say he was not any good he had 61 rec for 785 yards last year for the Chiefs this year he had 7 rec for 74 yards, did his talent fall off that quick?
    That is fine. Your opinion means squat to me to since you are one of those people who has to pee on an electric fence yourself to see if it shocks you. I get it. Everyone in the media says he is bad. The Chiefs don't even make him active half the years in favor of Dexter McCluster showing their lack of support in him. People who see him every day. Fans say they have watched him practice and see why he can't play. Yet, you would rather tell someone you could give a crap about them when the clear and obvious answer is slapping you up the side of the head and your a numb to it all because realitiy is a reach.

You can make all the excuses you want to try and cover up your numb noggin. The guy is not what you want him to be. You can keep refusing to believe that, but the real world will move on without you.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast