• Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts

14 66.67%
  • Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts

4 19.05%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

Default Alex Smith v. Tony Romo v. Geno Smith

Attachment 667Attachment 668Attachment 669

I've been listening to a local radio show here in San Antonio. The host, Geoff Sheen, says that the extension that the Cowboys gave Romo was what his market value currently is. In other words, if Tony Romo had been a free agent this year, that contract is what other teams would have paid to sign Romo. So, I'd like to pose this question to the Kansas City Chiefs fan base:

If Tony Romo were a free agent this year, would you rather have Tony Romo at 6yr/$108m, Alex Smith for 2yr/$9m/600 draft pts, or Geno Smith for 5yr/$4m/3000 draft pts?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Ryfo, all the Brian Brohm vid tells anyone is that any QB prospect can bust. Including Geno Smith. And as for Russell Wilson, there are no guarantees whatsoever that Wilson would have had the same success if KC had drafted him, that he had in Seattle. What's the Chiefs track record for drafting QB's since 1970? That's right, ZERO (0) for 17. And with that, you've got to ask yourself one logical question:

Does it make sense to chance going 0 for 18 with spending the #1 on Geno Smith, especially with the Chiefs having already traded for Alex Smith? You know full good and well the answer to that one -- it doesn't, at all. Besides, the QB classes in 2014 and 2015, may be much better than this years & they might be in a better position to double-dip at the QB position in one of those drafts like I've suggested before. Therefore, it's much more logical to start off by getting a player that has the potential to become a kingpin at LT & try to get the front wall in front of the QB built first.
    I don't disagree...ANY prospect can bust. That said the Chiefs haven't drafted a "first round" QB since 1983 (and only 3 in history), and it's no secret that the majority of the best QBs in this league are drafted in the first round.

I'm not going to beat the Geno Smith train to death anymore. I've already stated my case for Geno like 1000 times, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I don't disagree...ANY prospect can bust. That said the Chiefs haven't drafted a "first round" QB since 1983 (and only 3 in history), and it's no secret that the majority of the best QBs in this league are drafted in the first round.

I'm not going to beat the Geno Smith train to death anymore. I've already stated my case for Geno like 1000 times, lol.
    My point is, this is the wrong year to pull the trigger on drafting a QB in round 1, given what's transpired with the Chiefs this off-season. If Geno had finished last season as the clear-cut #1 best player in the country, then that would have been one thing. But, he didn't and he tailed off & didn't win Dorsey & Reid over, and didn't do himself any favors skipping the Senior Bowl.

And speaking of 1st round QB's, at least the Chiefs got one on board now, even if he isn't everyone's personal choice. And who knows, it could wind up working hugely in the Chiefs favor and backfiring on the 49ers.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-09-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Only reason geno will be a top ten pick is because there is always some idiot reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Only reason geno will be a top ten pick is because there is always some idiot reaching.
    Like the Chiefs lol

i kid i kid

But, if Geno turns out great, then that GM looks really smart.

Also, GIVE ROMO A RUSHING GAME and he might do way better. Pretty easy to pick someone off when they are throwing 70% of the time

Throw the ball more, the more INTs you'll have

Yea pioli was a idiot reacher

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Like the Chiefs lol

i kid i kid

But, if Geno turns out great, then that GM looks really smart.

Also, GIVE ROMO A RUSHING GAME and he might do way better. Pretty easy to pick someone off when they are throwing 70% of the time

Throw the ball more, the more INTs you'll have

Get Peyton man ints throwing percentage and also Tom Brady's throwing percentage and romo's I don't think he throws the ball too much more then an them

Manning has a running game as well (16th last year, Dal. had the 31st)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Well a great QB also creates a running game so if manning went to the browns I think he could at least get them into a wildcard

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Well a great QB also creates a running game so if manning went to the browns I think he could at least get them into a wildcard
    While the thought is often true, in this case Manning had NOTHING to do with Denver's rushing game. They were the #1 rushing offense in the league in 2011 (164.5 yards per game), and #16 rushing offense (114.5 yards per game) in 2012. While the offense was significantly better, Manning doesn't get credit for 'creating' their running game.

And it wasn't just that they passed more and had less attempts. They went from 4.8 yards per attempt down to 3.8 yards per attempt. And the TD total was only up by 1 this year 12 as opposed to 11 which is a negligible
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Howdy folks. Die hard 49er fan here.

I find it funny that some of you guys would take Alex Smith over Tony Romo. Alex chokes worse than Tony, you just don't see it on national television because it's taking sacks, making bad reads and throwing inaccurate incompletions, whereas Tony's choke moments are highlight reel plays.

We accomplished nothing with Alex at the helm in 8 years. It is no surprise that the second he's benched, our offensive production goes from running on coal to nuclear fusion, vaulting previously thought bust Michael Crabtree into the elite discussion, as well as cutting sacks basically in half, and increasing every meaingful QB based stat - PPG, third down conversions, yards, YPA, etc.

I don't want to bring you guys down. But you HAVE to know what you're getting with Alex Smith. You'll go as far as his checkdowns take you.

Tony Romo is actually a decent QB surrounded by a terrible organization.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast