Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new chief dunta robinson

Default new chief dunta robinson

opinions on him? he's the ex falcons cb that is 30 years old and is known as a hard hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Chiefs will/have sign(ed) another CB... (let's call it a hunch )
    yeah i think they will get another one of these free agent cb's....then we will be good to go

I am pretty sure I heard a week or two ago, that Sean Smith tweeted that he had a meeting with the Chiefs and some other teams, and then immediately deleted it. He supposedly was meeting with the Chiefs when it was not legal. If this is True, I bet the Chiefs are not interested in him because he will cause the Chiefs to get slapped with a tampering charge.

So here are the details of his contract. In short, all the guaranteed money is this year. So if he doesn't work out, or we draft someone better, we can cut him without worry. This contract is very team friendly, and basically means we can use him at nickel or safety without much worry about wasting money.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am pretty sure I heard a week or two ago, that Sean Smith tweeted that he had a meeting with the Chiefs and some other teams, and then immediately deleted it. He supposedly was meeting with the Chiefs when it was not legal. If this is True, I bet the Chiefs are not interested in him because he will cause the Chiefs to get slapped with a tampering charge.
    There was a tweet, but it was Vontae Davis hat spilled the beans:

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/2...hen-backtracks

The explanation that Sean Smith gave for the Davis tweet was pretty reasonable. Smith told Davis that he talked to Al Harris, who is now our assistant secondary coach, and who was his secondary coach in Miami. He said it wasnt about coming to KC, just that they talked. Now whether or not him signing with KC came up in conversation, it would be hard to prove. I dont think anything will come of this. If it did, then it meant anyone who is a free agent couldnt talk to any players or coaches they used to know during the offseason, which seems pretty unreasonable since a lot of these guys are friends off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The explanation that Sean Smith gave for the Davis tweet was pretty reasonable. Smith told Davis that he talked to Al Harris, who is now our assistant secondary coach, and who was his secondary coach in Miami. He said it wasnt about coming to KC, just that they talked. Now whether or not him signing with KC came up in conversation, it would be hard to prove. I dont think anything will come of this. If it did, then it meant anyone who is a free agent couldnt talk to any players or coaches they used to know during the offseason, which seems pretty unreasonable since a lot of these guys are friends off the field.
    Doubtful anything will come of this either, as there was a 2 day period after FA started, which meant other teams had the chance to court Smith as well, and sign him if they wanted him. If the Chiefs has signed him right at the get-go of FA, then suspicions would be heavily aroused.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123