Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel done ??

Default Cassel done ??

from NFL.com

Matt Cassel and the Kansas City Chiefs were floundering again Sunday. At a certain point, the next chapter in a troubled marriage became inevitable.
    Coach Romeo Crennel brought out the hook early in the third quarter, benching Cassel with the Chiefs facing a 15-point deficit against the Cincinnati Bengals. It was the end of Cassel's day -- and quite possibly his Chiefs career.

Cassel went 8-of-16 passing for 93 yards over seven Chiefs possessions before he was pulled in favor of Brady Quinn. Cassel's replacement didn't fare much better in the 28-6 loss, but that might not matter at this point. Crennel already showed his hand last month. Had Quinn not suffered a concussion back in Week 8, Cassel already would've been out of the equation.

Barring another Quinn injury, Cassel is unlikely to sniff the field again.

One of general manager Scott Pioli's first orders of business upon joining the Chiefs was to bring Cassel over from the New England Patriots. Pioli got an up-close and personal look at how well Cassel performed after replacing an injured Tom Brady in 2008. The Patriots went 11-5 without their MVP, and Pioli saw Cassel as the type of player who could bring similar success to the Chiefs.
    It hasn't worked out that way. Cassel was efficient in one run to the playoffs with the Chiefs in 2010. But on balance, the Chiefs' attack has been flat with Cassel at the reins. The team has gone 19-28 in Cassel starts.

Cassel deserves to lose his job. You can say the same thing about the man who brought him to Arrowhead.

link

im not a hater but like many on here I think its time for him to go IMO
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I really don't think it is all his fault. The team around him is terrible, the game plan is terrible, this whole organization is terrible. Joe Montana would get owned on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I really don't think it is all his fault. The team around him is terrible, the game plan is terrible, this whole organization is terrible. Joe Montana would get owned on this team.

Don't give me that, this is the same team as last year under Romeo when a capable qb was at the helm.

If losing is what you pay for stay on the "its not his fault band wagon". Things have to change and it starts with the higher ups. unfortunately pioli and company still hold jobs so they can only fire the next of kin. CLEAR house Clark!

Orton allowed to leave to avoid competition with Cassel. Just another blunderous decision by Pioli.
    SHUT IT

Default The Stronghold

Matt Cassel, a man with a lot of pressure going into this season. Personally I saw a man, who's career was on the line. He knew he had to perform with the ELITE status of a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers this season. Cassel not only fell short, but set records on turnovers, and got the blame for his recievers not catching the ball. Cassel may depart from KC soon. But I will always remember him as a leader of the CHIEFS. He had to stand tall in positions QBs could just not handle. If Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, and any other Elite Qb in the NFL had to learn 5 playbooks in 4 years. They would of *****ed, complained, and flat out threw fits. (like a qb does). Maybe I'm just full of **** and want to defend Cassel. Or maybe next time your at work, think of what you do, and the process you go through to do your job, Then I want you to think if that process had to change everytime you just got used to it. Then think of new manangment coming in. They obviously do things a lot different. So you have to change your style and attitude. Cassel was set up to fail, He may had the support from ol' Pioli, but Pioli set him up to fail. Its simple as that. Cassel was a great QB in the works, He proved that in NE. and here in KC in the 2010 season. To many bad moves by managment were made.(charlie weiss).... As for the rest of the season give stanzi a shot, dont leave him out, maybe we can get ol trick shot a chance. Overall I LOVE the CHIEFS, and always will. And I support any QB thats under center. I just want another win this season, And I hope its against the broncos on thanksgiving. GO CHIEFS

PS I support all moves made by this organization, its their club, I'm just to loyal to give up on my chiefs. cause of a few bad decisions. This franchise is the best in the NFL, And US as fans prove that every sunday. GO CHIEFS

Cassel supporters will never admit he sucks. It is always somebody else's fault.

I don't disagree with any of the arguments for replacing Cassel, however, I also don't buy into arguments that he is solely to blame. I think that having a different OC each of the seasons he's played figures into his, and the rest of the offense, inconsistent performance since the beginning of the Pioli era. No continuity in coaching equates to inconsistency on the playing field IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Don't give me that, this is the same team as last year under Romeo when a capable qb was at the helm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Richards View Post
    If losing is what you pay for stay on the "its not his fault band wagon". Things have to change and it starts with the higher ups. unfortunately pioli and company still hold jobs so they can only fire the next of kin. CLEAR house Clark!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post

WHOA!! By no means what I said makes me a Cassel apologist, I meant that this whole team is so inept that Cassel just cannot help being horrible, but he is horrible too. So make no mistake, I think that Cassel should have been benched after about the 3rd game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast