Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys like to shoot guns?

Default Do you guys like to shoot guns?

A couple of weeks ago my friend came over with his 12 gauge, .22, and 30-06 along with some clays.

We had a blast, and since then I have been thinkin about getting my own .22. I read up on the ruger 22's and hear they are they best.

In the mean time while I have been out here in vegas, I went to "The Gun Store". It was great. Thursday I went out and my dad came with me and I shot the Thompson.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI2VWDmZgPY"]YouTube- Shooting a M1A1 Thompson Machine Gun[/ame]

Then today, my dad told me he would get me another round if I wanted.

We went back and I picked the M249 Saw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNDQg8d8E0"]YouTube- Shooting an M249 S.A.W[/ame]

So maybe later this week I might go out and buy me a .22
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The largest caliber riffle I ever shot was a 30/30.

I shot a gun on Duck Hunt!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I shot a gun on Duck Hunt!!
    Weren't you supposed to shoot ducks???

I love to pistol shoot. I would recommend against a .22. Go get yourself a Sig Sauer. I recommend a P226. It's a more realistic self-defense weapon than a .22. Or, if you are dead set on a revolver, go get yourself a .357 Ruger. It kicks a bit, but it's easy to clean and fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I love to pistol shoot. I would recommend against a .22. Go get yourself a Sig Sauer. I recommend a P226. It's a more realistic self-defense weapon than a .22. Or, if you are dead set on a revolver, go get yourself a .357 Ruger. It kicks a bit, but it's easy to clean and fun to shoot.
    I myself usually recommend the S&W 357 personally. Maybe the Ruger will do the same thing, but the S&W will chamber a .38 AND a .357 round allowing you to shoot both.

The .38 is good for practicing, since it does not kick as much as the .357 and the rounds are a little cheaper, yet for a self-defense weapon it still carries the knockdown of a large caliber handgun when loaded with the .357 round.

I taught my wife and both of my sons to shoot with it using .38. My wife is not afraid to pick it up and use it, even though she probably will be the first time she fires it loaded with .357 magnums.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We went back and I picked the M249 Saw.

So maybe later this week I might go out and buy me a .22
    The military was a great place for me when I was into shooting. I got to shoot the S.A.W, and that was nice, but not as fun as the .50 caliber machine gun, or the Mark 19 grenade launcher (a real kick).

The M60, was a lot of fun as well. Nearly the same exact weapon as the M249 except with a larger round.

The AT-4 at the time was a whole lot of fun as well.

One thing for sure, it made me realize that charging down the mouth of one of these weapons in the hands of someone who knows how to use it is not something to be done by people with all their wits about them.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Nothing wrong with a .22 pistol or rifle. I have a Ruger 22/45 stainless pistol(looks like a German Luger) that is fun as heck to shoot. It's a lot cheaper to shoot too. You can always go bigger if you really get into it. I really like my Marlin lever action .22 also. Experiment, find what fits. As far as protection goes, not too many crooks would/could discern if you had a .22 or a .45 in their face, and if you are proficient with it, it will not matter.

there is also nothing wrong with getting one of each. If you get into it, you'll start collecting anyway. Shooting, as you have discovered is a fun sport, and this country was founded somewhat on marksmanship!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    There are many reasons why I want a .22. Its low powered, not to loud...I don't need something too big. Also it is in my price range.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast