Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame LB

Default Notre Dame LB

Manti has moved up to number 2 on kipers board. He undoubtedly will be thrust into the top pick if he wins the Heisman. This is someone who can handle the spotlight and having the weight of a franchise placed on him. We could have a rebirth on the side of football that made number 58 our face of the franchise.

I know qb is what we need but how do you pass on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Does Te'o play quarterback? Why on earth would should they pick Te'o and fight for 5 wins next year? The Chiefs offense averages a league worst 15.2 points per game! 12 touchdowns in 11 games!

What if Te'o ends up like Aaron Curry?
    Yeah and Geno smith could be the next Ryan leaf. Works both ways.

I don't see how u take a qb that is gonna be between 10 and 15 on most boards number 1. It doesn't make any sense to me.

And lastly we have drafted need the last few drafts I think we should draft the best available especially at number 1.

Are you guys serious about signing Alex smith, the guy is a terrible NFL QB. Flynn looked good in GB because of the system (imo), and could not beat out a rookie QB. It's still early but i don't think any of the QBs coming out are worth a top 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post

I don't see how u take a qb that is gonna be between 10 and 15 on most boards number 1. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Of course he could. I'd much rather swing and miss at a QB than swing and miss at a much less important position like LB (that the Chiefs are stacked at, mind you).

That's a HUGE swing if after everything is said and done and everyone thinks a QB won't be taken until the 2nd round.

The Chiefs have reached on Jackson and Poe and to a lesser degree Berry, now Baldwin is looking to be a bust in this system with these coaches. At #1 overall Smith and/or Barkley are a reach, this team is so terrible in that position you almost have to reach. I just want to see how far ahead the top two are from the rest of the QBs entering the draft. If we could grab T'eo and trade up into the first round again to get a QB at the spot he is designated and not have to make a reach I wouldn't be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    That's a HUGE swing if after everything is said and done and everyone thinks a QB won't be taken until the 2nd round.
    This won't happen. Every year more QBs than everyone thinks go in round 1. Look at Tannehill, Locker, Ponder, etc.

Te'o #1 overall may not be a better pick than Geno Smith if you strictly weighed their potential impact on this team. However, I believe if you could land Collin Klein with the 33rd pick, the Te'o/Klein combo would be much greater than any Smith/ ? combo of picks.

I think Klein is severely underrated. The falloff between Geno Smith and Collin Klein isn't as severe as Te'o and whichever ILB that may be available at #33 assuming that was the position we drafted in the 2nd round.

If the Chiefs went Te'o/Klein with their first two picks, I'd be effin ecstatic!

What other teams NEED a QB besides KC?

I just don't see how we draft a qb that is a way bigger question mark than te'o. I understand its qb. This guy opted to stay in college for his senior forgoing a sure first round selection. He IS the most popular guy on campus he knows everyone. This guy isn't gonna be Aaron curry he is well grounded, great work ethic family first type of guy. Talk to notre dame fans he is the fighting Irish.
    Look what Derrick Thomas did to this franchise.

Manti will do that wherever he goes which is more than I can say for Geno or Matt. Throwing up freaking gang signs in a sideline is absolutely stupid regardless of age. Geno's stalk is gonna drop big time after the combine I guarantee he interviews like crap.

We should have given the farm for rgiii then. The qbs in this class aren't even remotely close to those of last year.
    If we had we'd have our QB but wouldn't have to worry about Teo or our 1st next year. To trade up from where we were last year would have cost us more then what Washington ended up giving.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast