Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News Lions pick

Default Breaking News Lions pick

Sources: QB's agent trying to close deal with Lions - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

They are saying that the Lions ARE taking Stafford which means the either we will egt Curry or someone will trade down to make sure they can get Sanchez ! This si getting exctiting !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post

They are saying that the Lions ARE taking Stafford which means the either we will egt Curry or someone will trade down to make sure they can get Sanchez ! This si getting exctiting !!!

I got aherad of myself though Curry has already agreed to a deal reportedly and are just waiting for Matts agent

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post

Don't get to excited yet!!! It just said they are real close to a deal. It also said that if a deal can't be reached with Stafford, they already have reached an agreement with Curry just in case.
    We don't even know who the Chiefs will pick. Depending on whose article you're reading it could be Curry, Crabtree, Jackson or Raji, any of which would fill a need.

I hope they don't come to terms with Stafford and sign Curry #1 overall. If the Rams take an OT at 2 and we're sitting at 3 with the two best QB prospects in Stafford/Sanchez it'd present a favorable trade down scenario if someone was looking to cash in on either of them having their pick of the litter before the Seahawks who are supposedly enamoured with Sanchez.

That being said, I'm sure the deal with Stafford will get done regardless.

Weeks flying by. I still remember the Piloi hiring like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I hope they don't come to terms with Stafford and sign Curry #1 overall. If the Rams take an OT at 2 and we're sitting at 3 with the two best QB prospects in Stafford/Sanchez it'd present a favorable trade down scenario if someone was looking to cash in on either of them having their pick of the litter before the Seahawks who are supposedly enamoured with Sanchez.

Same over here.....

I hope we can get Curry, or perhaps Raji, but I don't really see Crabtree as filling a *need*. I mean, while it wouldn't suck to have him on board, we have bigger problems than our receiving corps.

Lines- maybe linebackers.

jb

Just my thought.

Yup before we know it it will be August

Actually, if Detroit does take Curry, it bodes pourly for us and the value of our pick.

If Stafford slips past the Lions and the Rams both, it is a sure bet that we are not going to take a QB, so that makes it a little easier for one of the teams behind Seattle to get a good QB. I think teams might be willing to take a chance that one of the two, Sanchez or Stafford slips to them.

In which case, very few teams are going to be interested in trading anything for the number three overall. Of course, if Curry is taken, it allows us to address OL or DL, both of which are very large needs right now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Actually, if Detroit does take Curry, it bodes pourly for us and the value of our pick.

If Stafford slips past the Lions and the Rams both, it is a sure bet that we are not going to take a QB, so that makes it a little easier for one of the teams behind Seattle to get a good QB. I think teams might be willing to take a chance that one of the two, Sanchez or Stafford slips to them.

In which case, very few teams are going to be interested in trading anything for the number three overall. Of course, if Curry is taken, it allows us to address OL or DL, both of which are very large needs right now.
    If they're booking one being gone by 4 and the other not slipping past 10 I don't see how the value of our pick decreases, if anything it increases the value. Again everything is hypothetical here but I was referenceing trading out of the top 5-10 to a team looking for options at a potential QB neither of which will fall past 10.

This is a very interesting draft ahead of us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast