Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith's Contract

Default Alex Smith's Contract

Looking ahead,I hope it is on Dorsey's agenda to extend A.Smith's contract this offseason. He has a year left, but I want to lock him up now, before he hits the market. If he has a whole year like the last half if this year, then he is going to command a contract like Flacco got. Right now, I think we can get him for a lot cheaper, and he probably would be happy at this point with a long term deal knowing he is the undisputed #1 QB.

As close as our salary cap is now, I cannot imagine how tight things would get for us with a huge QB contract. There are a lot of teams that are going to be struggling to sign FAs with the huge contracts they have to give to reliable QBs.

I'm confident that Dorsey will get it figured out.

Yeah we def need to lock him up with a long contract. When we first signed him I knew he was an upgrade from what we had but didn't realize how good of a qb he is. He came through for this team many times during the season with his legs and arm. Don't want to lose him now!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Admittedly, Alex Smith was not my first choice to become the Chiefs new QB after the 2012 season ended. I wanted Kirk Cousins. But, Alex hung in there and stayed on the field for all the Chiefs games, except for sitting out the season final and had his best year ever.

And yet there are some that call themselves Chiefs fans out there that still have this obsession with drafting a QB in round 1. It's laughable

I was not upset when we got Alex. I did feel that 2 2nd round picks was to much for him but I could live with it. I was very vocal about saying he's not Matt Cassel 2.0 when that BS was going around. But I will say I wasn't 100% sure about him.

Now after the season I'm VERY happy with Alex. He turned out better then what I hoped. There were some struggles early in the year. But I really expected there to be. New team new offense of course there are going to be growing pains. However at the bye I still can't say that I was 100% sold on him. Then the games after the bye came and I saw Alex CLEARLY step up his game. When the schedule got tough Alex SHOWED up. I am now sold on him. This is not a repeat of 2010 Cassel. Alex step up against the tougher teams. And Alex was OUTSTANDING the the playoff game. He put on a show. I'm very happy to have Alex Smith as this teams Qb. They need to lock him up for the rest of his career.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I was not upset when we got Alex. I did feel that 2 2nd round picks was to much for him but I could live with it. I was very vocal about saying he's not Matt Cassel 2.0 when that BS was going around. But I will say I wasn't 100% sure about him.

Now after the season I'm VERY happy with Alex. He turned out better then what I hoped. There were some struggles early in the year. But I really expected there to be. New team new offense of course there are going to be growing pains. However at the bye I still can't say that I was 100% sold on him. Then the games after the bye came and I saw Alex CLEARLY step up his game. When the schedule got tough Alex SHOWED up. I am now sold on him. This is not a repeat of 2010 Cassel. Alex step up against the tougher teams. And Alex was OUTSTANDING the the playoff game. He put on a show. I'm very happy to have Alex Smith as this teams Qb. They need to lock him up for the rest of his career.

...x2

I'm not ready to declare Alex Smith to be Montana 2.0, but there is no doubt in my mind that we need to work out a contract extension. Alex is one helluva QB.

I was not excited about Alex. However, the guy is a winner. He may not be an elite QB but he is no Trent Dilfer either and can be relied on to put the game on his shoulders. He just needs some weapons.

were has my man been at?????? he wanted geno soooo bad.. he's disapeared

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    were has my man been at?????? he wanted geno soooo bad.. he's disapeared
    He's no longer with us here.

But I do talk to him other places and he has back off on geno actually
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast