Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I understand Ron Paul has no chance to win (even though he is the best suited for the job) but come on man.

When are you gonna stop believing liars?

The best chance we have to regain our place in the world is (gulp) Obama.

He is the only candidate without a ton of baggage.
    I agree Obama doesn't have baggage (like Hillary does; which is why I want him to beat her in the Dem primaries). But I disagree with him on too many policy issues to vote for him in the general election.

And I also don't see Romney as having any baggage either. And I agree with him on most issues. Thus, he's the only one left I can get enthused (at least to some degree) about. Plus, I think the man is highly intelligent and a proven successful businessman who could (potentially) be real good as a leader of our country and do good for our shaky economy.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I agree Obama doesn't have baggage (like Hillary does; which is why I want him to beat her in the Dem primaries). But I disagree with him on too many policy issues to vote for him in the general election.

And I also don't see Romney as having any baggage either. And I agree with him on most issues. Thus, he's the only one left I can get enthused (at least to some degree) about. Plus, I think the man is highly intelligent and a proven successful businessman who could (potentially) be real good as a leader of our country and do good for our shaky economy.
    Romney is a liar.

Which makes him a consummate politician. This does not however make him a worthy leader of our country.

I guess there is no convincing others to abandon their convictions, no matter the flaws in them.

I realize I am not perfect (or even close), but it makes me sad to watch the country I love be constantly abused by politicians at the beck and call of corporations.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Those things you speak of are exactly what the person you voted for will allow to happen.

It just so happens that the public likes to think people in general are honest, and alas that is not the case.

The Reps are lying better than the Dems so they will probbaly be able to take the election again even with the miserable state of the union.

Democrats are weak, and Reps are lying asses.
    Both sides are lying asses. That will never change.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Agreed, and Rep.

Agreed, and Rep.

Ahem!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...&postcount=505

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You didn't say they were lying asses though.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

You didn't say they were lying asses though.
    True, I stand corrected. :p

I'm off to work!

Guru I just watched the clip of Mitt's concession speech and I have to say he is batshiat crazy dude...

He is stepping down because he thinks his campaign might stop the Reps from winning the presidency, and then the terrorists win...

He says many more crazy statements, but I won't go into them all here.

Guru I just watched the clip of Mitt's concession speech and I have to say he is batshiat crazy dude...

He is stepping down because he thinks his campaign might stop the Reps from winning the presidency, and then the terrorists win...

He says many more crazy statements, but I won't go into them all here.
    You mean he was typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You mean he was typical.
    No this was not typical, this was just plain crazy talk.

Not just the concession speech about him leaving the race (or actually he said he is "suspending" his candidacy , whatever the hell that means) but the rest of it as well.

I would post the speech but it is too long and no one on the site has the attention span to watch it all.