Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Well I've had a huge smile on my face this whole time as well. I'm done. I've been serious in the fact that I do think you are retarded or something but this issue is just beat to death. Just cause I love my chiefs doesn't mean I'm obligated to like you. I do agree with most of your views but you do go way too extreme with your conspiracy thoeries. GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Are you mentally handicapped? By saying I cannot win a war of words with you means you are clearly saying you are winning. Damn you're stupid. And by saying you are only speaking the gospel truth like you said you were speaking means you were saying your words are of biblical proportions or something. Apparently you can speak big words, but at the same time don't understand what you are typing.
    Gee, you quote yourself and ask about being mentally handicapped? Well, you are quite correct in asking yourself that question and be assurred, nobody is going to argue with you. But, I get it, must be puked out exceedingly.

And you are incorrect. By saying that you aren't winning any war of words, it means you aren't succeeding at browbeating me or hurting my feelings any. In fact, I'm laughing at you, but go ahead continue trying by all means.

As for your "And by saying you are only speaking the gospel truth like you said you were speaking means you were saying your words are of biblical proportions or something.", "gospel truth' is just a catch phrase, nothing more, nor did I say it was of biblical proportions. Interesting how you can't even make a post quoting the correct source and now you want play grammar police with somebody else?

Well I've had a huge smile on my face this whole time as well. I'm done. I've been serious in the fact that I do think you are retarded or something but this issue is just beat to death. Just cause I love my chiefs doesn't mean I'm obligated to like you. I do agree with most of your views but you do go way too extreme with your conspiracy thoeries. GO CHIEFS
    Don't care if you like me or not. Don't care what you think or what your opinion is. Don't care if you've had one too many intimate sessions with your neighbors dog, which you clearly are illustrating is probably the case.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-23-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sure, you can predict the future and you know for certain what's going to happen.
    The reality is, nobody knows for certain what's going to happen with these guys and the example I pointed of Riley Cooper clearly illustrates that.
    You clearly missed the term "likely" in my last post. It is likely these guys will not be the answer. Neither have shown much promise in the past. You refer to Riley Cooper as an example of la late round gem. However the law of averages is heavily in favor of my prediction.

How many early round busts have a light turn on and become stars? This versus the number who pretty much are what they appear to be? How many late round picks and RFA last in the league more than 3 years? For every Riley Cooper or Tom Brady there are tens of thousands at least who don't make it.

So once again I say Hemingway and Jenkins are not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    You clearly missed the term "likely" in my last post. It is likely these guys will not be the answer. Neither have shown much promise in the past. You refer to Riley Cooper as an example of la late round gem. However the law of averages is heavily in favor of my prediction.

How many early round busts have a light turn on and become stars? This versus the number who pretty much are what they appear to be? How many late round picks and RFA last in the league more than 3 years? For every Riley Cooper or Tom Brady there are tens of thousands at least who don't make it.

So once again I say Hemingway and Jenkins are not the answer.
    Okay ,so I did miss the likely in your post. Doesn't change my analysis that nobody knows for certain what will happen with these guys in 2014.

Riley Cooper was pointed out because he was with Reid for 3 years in Philly and he didn't show a whole lot more promise in his first 2 years than what we've seen thus far from Jenkins and Hemingway. I don't know if Cooper is really what you would call a late-round gem or a guy that hung on to his roster spot by a thread for multiple years & then seized his opportunity when Jeremy Maclin got hurt -- I'd lean towards the latter. If what you are trying to say is " Jenkins and Hemingway haven't showed enough promise to believe they'll become elite to where all the pundits look at them and say 'he's one of the best' ", then that is true.

You are quite correct that a vast majority of the late round draftees don't make it very far in the NFL and most likely will wind up delivering pizza to your doorstep (see Braden Wilson drafted in round 6 last year ) .

Actually, Hemingway has shown some promise in his limited playing time & Jenkins does possess the speed to upgrade the slot receiver position over McCluster who I never believed was the answer at the slot receiver position.

Gee, you quote yourself and ask about being mentally handicapped? Well, you are quite correct in asking yourself that question and be assurred, nobody is going to argue with you. But, I get it, must be puked out exceedingly.

And you are incorrect. By saying that you aren't winning any war of words, it means you aren't succeeding at browbeating me or hurting my feelings any. In fact, I'm laughing at you, but go ahead continue trying by all means.

As for your "And by saying you are only speaking the gospel truth like you said you were speaking means you were saying your words are of biblical proportions or something.", "gospel truth' is just a catch phrase, nothing more, nor did I say it was of biblical proportions. Interesting how you can't even make a post quoting the correct source and now you want play grammar police with somebody else?

Don't care if you like me or not. Don't care what you think or what your opinion is. Don't care if you've had one too many intimate sessions with your neighbors dog, which you clearly are illustrating is probably the case.
    STFU computer geek. Gotta bring up intimate sessions with people's neighbors' dogs huh? What I do with my neighbors dogs is non of you business. Where's your proof of that mister I have concrete proof that the sky is in fact falling?
    Last edited by Justin5772002; 03-23-2014 at 10:03 PM.

STFU computer geek. Gotta bring up intimate sessions with people's neighbors' dogs huh? What I do with my neighbors dogs is non of you business. Where's your proof of that mister I have concrete proof that the sky is in fact falling?

Ok that made me laugh LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Can't we cut this ship out guys?

So you are admitting to that? Better hope you don't get busted for cruelty to animals.

So much for the smile on your face that you were talking about. Thanks for letting everybody know it was fake and you were just BSing everybody.
    Like I said over in the thread I started, you must puked out to the point that you can't type a coherent sentence. Are your feelings hurt? Serves you right for coming into this thread and trying to browbeat me when nobody had rattled your cage & my heated discussion was with somebody else that comes off like a Donkeys fan & do take account of the fact that you did post at me, not just make a general statement. Next time, just stay the hell out and mind your own damn business & then you won't have to worry about getting retorts from anybody getting you all puked out like you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok that made me laugh LOL
    Are you laughing with him or AT HIM? I know I'm doing the latter.

So you are admitting to that? Better hope you don't get busted for cruelty to animals.

So much for the smile on your face that you were talking about. Thanks for letting everybody know it was fake and you were just BSing everybody.
    Like I said over in the thread I started, you must puked out to the point that you can't type a coherent sentence. Are your feelings hurt? Serves you right for coming into this thread and trying to browbeat me when nobody had rattled your cage & my heated discussion was with somebody else that comes off like a Donkeys fan & do take account of the fact that you did post at me, not just make a general statement. Next time, just stay the hell out and mind your own damn business & then you won't have to worry about getting retorts from anybody getting you all puked out like you are now.

Are you laughing with him or AT HIM? I know I'm doing the latter.
    Come on dude he was clearly joking about. So I'm laughing with him.

Or at least I really hope he was joking LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Come on dude he was clearly joking about. So I'm laughing with him.

Or at least I really hope he was joking LOL
    Perhaps maybe you can go to the thread I started titled "2014 draft wish list" & add something on topic to it, since all Justin could do was troll it