Thread: Need administrative help with new members >>>

Default Need administrative help with new members >>>

I posted the link to Chiefs Crowd on FB so any Chiefs fans there who were interested could become a new member here. One of the gals who said she tried to sign up was told by automation she was a "spammer" and it wouldn't let her join.

Coach or a moderator...why that would happen? Any suggestions...should I tell her to try again?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Not real sure Connie; weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Not real sure Connie; weird.
    Yeah, I thought so too. I had 3-4 tell me the same. I'm just wondering if it's an issue on their end, such as with browser, maybe pop up blockers or security settings? I don't know, I know I've had a couple others join without any issues. Oh well, not that big of an issue, just told those who said they had an issue I'd let those in charge know. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

This is good to know. I have a spam bot that blocks registration bot. Unfortunately it occasionally flags users that aren't spammers. Sometimes this is caused by the email address they use. For example I block all chines domain names along with many other countries. Please have them email me if they have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This is good to know. I have a spam bot that blocks registration bot. Unfortunately it occasionally flags users that aren't spammers. Sometimes this is caused by the email address they use. For example I block all chines domain names along with many other countries. Please have them email me if they have any issues.
    That is what I was about to say or type!

Okay, I'll tell them to do that. The one gal who originally led me to post this thread, said she did email, or responded in some way she was told to when being labeled a spammer, haha. She said to me, "I'm not a spammer, I bleed red and gold, I'm a true Chiefs fan!" hahahaha. She's a fun gal. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Okay, I'll tell them to do that. The one gal who originally led me to post this thread, said she did email, or responded in some way she was told to when being labeled a spammer, haha. She said to me, "I'm not a spammer, I bleed red and gold, I'm a true Chiefs fan!" hahahaha. She's a fun gal. :)
    I would like more info from this, I have not banned any new members for while. But I love to ban spammers! So my question would be? Does your friends have computer based program that adds links to any post, auto post advertisement? Do they introduce themselves? We have a place for that, just saying. If the first post a new member makes is spam, I will ban! But I have not banned anyone for sometime, so I would need details of who, an email would have been sent for reason of any ban.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.

No, she wasn't banned, haha. She said when she tried to sign up it recognized her as a spammer for some reason. She mentioned an automated display told her to contact the website I think. I can't remember all the specifics, it's been a while. After she told me that, a couple more said they had the same issue.

This gal who initially commented to me about it, is active in some of the Chiefs FB groups, including the official KC Chiefs FB page. I know she's not a spammer, persay. I couldn't tell you about whether or not she has a pc program that adds links to her posts. I've not seen anything like that when she posts in discussions at FB. :/

When I get time, I'll try to go back through my FB wall comments, see if I can find the original discussion. It may also have taken place on a group page, just can't remember.

Anyway, I've been really sick this week, not getting around too good with a sore leg, which became irritated & inflamed last Sunday at the game. Too much walking & standing, climbing stairs I guess. So, I've not been on the PC quite as much, very behind, but I will try to find the original conversation about this issue, then let you know more if I can. :)