Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif vid of getting drafted by KC

Default Laurent Duvernay-Tardif vid of getting drafted by KC

This guy has the potential to possibly be the best value pick that anybody made in the 2014 draft. He's an athletic freak and has 4.0 GPA in the medical field. He posted a 40 time of 4.94 at his Pro day & I've seen a vid of him throwing up the 225 lb. bench-press bar 37 times.

Gil Brandt had him rated in his top 100 draftees available and said his athleticism was right up there with Greg Robinson and Taylor Lewan. And the Chiefs got him at pick #200. Nice work, John Dorsey and crew.

The Chiefs carried 10 O-Lineman on the roster throughout last season & if this guy shows progress in training camp and preseason, he's going to stick ( might even be the backup swing Tackle ) and by year 2 could be a starter at LG. Asamoah, Allen, and Schwartz did not give the Chiefs the power or athleticism at the Guard position that Andy Reid looks for or that this guy has the potential to do.

Looking forward to seeing him play in the upcoming pre-season.

You'll have to turn off you pop-up blocker to watch the vid, but here it is:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/ID/2455541508/

Guys that have played the Canadian version of football are always a gamble, but then any pick this late is a gamble. I think this guy has a good chance of becoming an "impact player" and if you get that from pick # 200 then you have hit a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Guys that have played the Canadian version of football are always a gamble, but then any pick this late is a gamble. I think this guy has a good chance of becoming an "impact player" and if you get that from pick # 200 then you have hit a home run.
    That's right. This guys upside was well worth the pick. LDT turned in a very good showing at the East-West Shrine game and caught the eye of Chiefs scouts. He's an athletic marvel and nearly inhumanly strong ( 37 bench press reps at 225 lbs).

As for being the Chiefs last draft selection, this is by far and away the most intriguing "last draft choice" that I've ever seen the Chiefs make. LDT is really a likeable guy & there's nothing wrong with hoping he becomes a stud O-Lineman for the Chiefs.

Here is his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/laurentdt66?ref=profile
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-14-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Y'know, all this discussion of Bray, Dressler, Murray, Duvernay-Tardiff and some others has got me to thinking about the Reid-Dorsey team.

16 months ago we had a lot of discussion here about how Dorsey was supposed to be real good at finding top quality T-Bone steaks in the discounted meat rack. And I think these signings show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dorsey enjoys shopping in the discount meat rack. Now truth be told, none of his discount meat rack purchases have had a major impact yet. But I am OK with that. Meat benefits from "aging" and we've only had 1 season for Dorsey's purchases to show their value. So it would be silly to expect these late round picks and UDFA's to have made a big impact already. If they were going to be first year "major impact" guys they wouldn't have been in the discount meat rack in the first place.

But looking at the guys Dorsey has gotten from the discount rack I am really encouraged. They have cost us next to nothing in terms of draft picks or salary cap and yet IMO every one of them has the potential to be a home run. Dorsey doesn't throw the dice on WAGs. Every choice he makes seems to have the potential to be the best steak he ever ate.

We've had some discussions that Dorsey has overpaid some players. And I can't really fault the guys that have said that. Bowe got the big contract, and frankly he didn't earn it last year. Chase Daniel was a fairly expensive clipboard holder. But he did well against San Diego and would have earned his first win as a starter if the Zebras actually knew the rules. He looked almost like a starting QB in that game. Overpaid? Yeah....probably....but then isn't almost every player that doesn't play much?

So I ask myself, "Why did Dorsey do what he did?" Answer is not hard to come by. At the end of the 2012 season our Chiefs were a team in complete disarray. 2-14. A JOKE. Players shooting their girlfriends and themselves. A coach whose answer was "I just don't know why we suck." Airplanes flying banners over Arrowhead. The best fan base in the NFL in open rebellion. And Dorsey and Reid were hired to save the franchise from oblivion.

So Dorsey and Reid had 2 missions. They had to IMMEDIATELY restore some sense of respectability AND they had to build a team that could once again be a real competitor, win a playoff game and have a shot at getting into the Super Bowl.

Without a doubt, they accomplished mission #1. They have not accomplished mission #2 yet. But the more I see of them, the better I feel that they will also accomplish mission #2.

I FULLY EXPECT that the 2014 season will be a let-down from last year. MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE and we got beat up in free agency. Bad combination. Especially with no 2cond round pick and low ranking in the draft thanks to last years performance.

But I think Dorsey's mining the discount meat rack will start to show a few results this year and that in the 2015 season a lot of us will be proclaiming these discount rack buys as the best steak we have ever eaten.

It's going to take a little while, but I honestly believe that Reid-Dorsey will also accomplish mission #2.

I think maybe....possibly we have a coach/management team that can once again make us "The team to beat in the AFC West."

ctchiefsfan,

Look no further than Seattle and you can see that Dorsey/Reid are trying to do what Schneider/Carroll have done up there. In year 2, Seattle took a slight step back in 2011, but they stayed the course of the way they were building that team -- and we saw the dividends in year 3 and 4. Specifically taking late round choices that did have upside potential and not just drawing names out of a hat like Pioli seemed to do with anything after round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ctchiefsfan,

Look no further than Seattle and you can see that Dorsey/Reid are trying to do what Schneider/Carroll have done up there. In year 2, Seattle took a slight step back in 2011, but they stayed the course of the way they were building that team -- and we saw the dividends in year 3 and 4. Specifically taking late round choices that did have upside potential and not just drawing names out of a hat like Pioli seemed to do with anything after round 3.
    You said it better than I did. And in 4 lines instead of 30.

I am 100% on track with Reid-Dorsey. They achieved mission #1 and I'm pretty damned confident that they will achieve mission #2.

It may take a few years. PROBABLY WILL. But right now, knowing full well that this year will likely be a stumbling block, I feel confident that Reid-Dorsey have us on the right track. With them in charge we are going to win some playoff games and just might maybe get to where we really want to go. SUPER BOWL!!!

LDT.jpg

LDT has signed and is officially a Chief.

GOOD!!!! I may be totally wrong, but I like seeing these "outside-the-box" signings. Tells me Dorsey is earning his money. Been a long time since we had a GM that did that.

4-5 wins tops!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    4-5 wins tops!!!!!!!
    So what are you trying to say? (sarcasm).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast