Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Want to Punch Philip Rivers in his Smug Face

Default I Want to Punch Philip Rivers in his Smug Face

Steelers fan here, just making a guest appearance to share this with you:

http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com/

Not over rated, but his team is down all the time and he has to throw, his stats of course are going to be great. At the same time I would love to beat him at his home. Yes let punch him in the face it is only going to cost us 25K.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Seriously? I'm a fan of Cassel's but his number are NO WHERE NEAR Rivers numbers. Not even close!
    Really?

TDs
    Cassel - 18
    Rivers - 23

Interceptions
    Cassel - 4
    Rivers - 9

Sacks
    Cassel - 15
    Rivers - 23

Fumbles
    Cassel - 2 fumbles/lost 1
    Rivers - 6 fumbles/lost 3

Avg
    Cassel - 7.1
    Rivers - 9

Pct.
    Cassel - 59.5
    Rivers - 65.2

Rating
    Cassel - 96.2
    Rivers - 105

Chiefs 6-4
    Chargers 5-5

Chargers are a pass first team so yes Rivers is expected to have high numbers but they aren't "great" or blowing anyone away. Same with Manning, Brees, Orton,

Everyone says the Chargers lose cuz of special teams but they seem to forget about all the TURNOVERS they've had. They have 22 turnovers and 12 are by Rivers!

And if you compare Rivers 3rd season as the starting QB to Cassel this season, they aren't going to be much lower and better in a few places. Yards is the big difference but you can't compare a passing team to a run team in those stats.

So if you're going to talk about how "great" Rivers has been, then you should give Cassel the credit he deserves NOW for what he's doing.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

One last thing. We would ALL agree that Brady is an "elite" QB and one of the best in the NFL right?

Go compare Brady and Cassel's number so far this season and then come tell me otherwise. They are almost IDENTICAL!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I know I am as well and was happy the Chiefs got him.

His numbers are just as good if not better than all the "elite" QBs. Only difference is the yards but thats because he doesn't throw as much as everyone else.
    This is the truth. I would like to see him though 400 yards every game but all that means is we have been losing the entire game. I think Cassle is by far more mature and give him a little more time and a Fitzgerald and we are in the SB.

Default Rivers is a douche

Never liked the guy and think Matt Cassel looks really good. I think he was the right choice, he still has an upside and when you see a player who is careless with the ball that is dificult to break. I am glad he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by hersheybar1957 View Post
    This is the truth. I would like to see him though 400 yards every game but all that means is we have been losing the entire game. I think Cassle is by far more mature and give him a little more time and a Fitzgerald and we are in the SB.
    EXACTLY!!!

Both Rivers 400+ yard games were in games they lost and were trying to come back to win against prevent defenses. His 3rd highest passing game was also in a loss.

And the Rivers lowest 2 passing yard games were in blowout wins and he didn't even throw for over 241 yards in either game.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Really?

TDs
    Cassel - 18
    Rivers - 23

Interceptions
    Cassel - 4
    Rivers - 9

Sacks
    Cassel - 15
    Rivers - 23

Fumbles
    Cassel - 2 fumbles/lost 1
    Rivers - 6 fumbles/lost 3

Avg
    Cassel - 7.1
    Rivers - 9

Pct.
    Cassel - 59.5
    Rivers - 65.2

Rating
    Cassel - 96.2
    Rivers - 105

Chiefs 6-4
    Chargers 5-5

Chargers are a pass first team so yes Rivers is expected to have high numbers but they aren't "great" or blowing anyone away. Same with Manning, Brees, Orton,

Everyone says the Chargers lose cuz of special teams but they seem to forget about all the TURNOVERS they've had. They have 22 turnovers and 12 are by Rivers!

And if you compare Rivers 3rd season as the starting QB to Cassel this season, they aren't going to be much lower and better in a few places. Yards is the big difference but you can't compare a passing team to a run team in those stats.

So if you're going to talk about how "great" Rivers has been, then you should give Cassel the credit he deserves NOW for what he's doing.
    Uhhhh, I've been one of the few backing Cassel if you haven't noticed but there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out. Let me ask you, if someone today said you can have your choice Rivers or Cassel. Who are you taking?

Uhhhh, I've been one of the few backing Cassel if you haven't noticed but there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out. Let me ask you, if someone today said you can have your choice Rivers or Cassel. Who are you taking?
    I can't remember who's backing who. haha

And in my ORIGINAL post, I stated that besides those 2 stats, they're about the same. MOST of Rivers yards are because they are playing from behind. BOTH his 400+ yard games were in ones that he was trying to play catch up against a prevent defense. In fact, his 3 top passing yard games this season were all games they lost. And funny that his 2 lowest were in blowout games they won. See the trend???

I think Rivers is reckless and don't like him as a person, so I would choose Cassel. I think the Chiefs have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl in the future with Cassel then Rivers with the Chargers. As gunslingers are fun to watch, I'm not into living and dying by the pass type QBs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out.
    There are several reasons.

A couple of them would be as SicJ mentioned.

The Chargers are passing more often, leading to more yards, while The Chiefs have been running to protect a lead alot.

And The Chargers' running game has struggled through alot of the season, while The Chiefs' running game has been quite successful, and hogging up the yardage stats.

I'll quickly admit that Rivers' efficiency numbers and percentages are the best in the league.

However, given the same number of attempts as Rivers, (at Cassel's current rates) Cassel would rank at 11th in The NFL for passing yards, with 2,515. He would also be at 22 total TDs. Good enough for 2nd in The NFL. (Rivers has 23.)

If I am starting a new offense, or going with the Chiefs' current offense, I want Cassel over Rivers.

Rivers has taken a few years to get to where he is at, and Cassel is just starting.

If I am picking for my fantasy team, or using Norv's offense, I'll take Rivers,

Interesting.....I think your both crazy but....... Regardless the team, Rivers is the better QB bottom line, better athlete as well. There's a reason there is so much smack talk about Cassel. While I believe in him and have been happy overall with his play, there's not a chance in he!! that I start a team with Cassel over Rivers. He has been considered by many that he has been one of the top QB's in the NFL for the last couple of years. There is a reason that team plays the way they do. QB and his ability along with the weapons they have at the receiver position. I'm not sure you would find many people outside this board with a non bias opinion that would take Cassel over Rivers at this point in there career's. It's not like Rivers is old and has been injured a ton. He's young and has a strong arm with really good accuracy. While I don't like to watch his childish antics and whining all the time, I think he has the "Larry Bird" syndrome. You hate him unless he's on your team!! Given the choice right now, I take him everyday, all day over Cassel given the choice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast