Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keys to beating the Seahawks

Default Keys to beating the Seahawks

This weeks game should be interesting, especially seeing Cassel go up against his former head coach, Pete Carrol. I sort of wonder if Cassel has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Though, I know Carrol had something to do with Cassel winding up in New England, he also never started him at USC.

The Seahawks are a dangerous team for us. They, much like us, are a different team at home then on the road. They are 3-1 at home but only 2-4 on the road. They also feature a defense that gives up relatively few points (23.3, ranking 21st) relative to the number of yards they give up (388.6, 28th).

Here is what I think we need to do to win.

1) Stop the passing game.

It is easy to forget the Matt Hasselbeck once led the Seahawks to the Superbowl. This season his numbers aren't bad with over 60% completions and only a 2.2% INT percentage. His biggest problem has been putting it into the endzone with onyly 8 TD passes. However, if he gets on track he can still have a big game. Chiefs need to stop Hasselbeck from getting hot and this means bringing pressure and adding to the 23 sacks he's taken so far in 2010.

2) Pass the ball effectively.

The Seahawks rank 14th against the rush and have allowed only one 100-yard rusher this season. However, the Seahawks are a dismal 30th against the pass surrending a whopping 283 yards per game. Problem isn't the pass rush Seahawks have 26 sacks) but a poor secondary. Chiefs need to take advantage and Cassel needs to throw 25+ times and get over 220+ yards in the air.

3) Get off to a quick start.

Although the Seahawks are 3-1 at home, there one loss was a blowout to the NY Giants, where the Giants got up early and trounced them 41-7. Chiefs need to get up early and keep the crowd from getting involved.

4) Take advantage of opportunities for big plays.

The Seahawks are tied for the NFL lead in giving up 43 pass plays of 20+ yards and are tied for 3rd in 40+ pass plays with 8. Likewise, while ranking 14th against the run (giving up 105.4 yards per game), the Seahawks rank 24th by giving up 9 rushing plays of 20+ yards.

Point is that the Chiefs are going to have a chance to make some big plays, but they have to make them stick. No holding penalties, no dropped balls or missed throws or blocks when the time comes. The Chiefs need to exceute when the chances are there and roll up the big points.

In particular, I look for big days out of Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles.

If the Chiefs can follow through on these keys, I say the Chiefs get their 2nd win on the road.

Chiefs 28, Seahawks 17.

add that we need to stop sea in the redzone.they are very poor team when it comes down to getting touchdowns in the redzone. hold them to field goals and we will be just fine

just play defense. plain and simple. the offense will be there

Yes i agree with Boxermm. Our offense isnt going to be a problem in this game. We're not gonna put up 50+ points or anything but we will move the ball and be in position to score. Since it is a tough road game I expect this to be a close game with both teams scoring in the late teens to mid twenties. The question will be whether our defense can stop them from punching the ball in the endzone, especially if we happen to have a lead. We must stop them....and of course hope SD loses the night game.

1.score more points than them
    2.don't let them score as many points as us

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    1.score more points than them
    2.don't let them score as many points as us

If we stick with that plan, in all likelyhood be winners in week 12!

Run the ball.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Run the ball.
    Not so sure, the Seahawks run defense is about as good as ours. I mean before we started giving up chunks. Their secondary is terrible.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    just play defense. plain and simple. the offense will be there
    Hope you're right about the offense, but agree...defense, defense, defense!!!

blitz for the love of god!!! and jam the frikin recievers!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast