Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: we got our desean jackson

Default we got our desean jackson

or percy harvin in dexter mccluster

many of you may be upset with this one, but i actually like it...big time playmaker to use in the slot and wildcat...KR/PR

i have a feeling this guy will be very good

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    See Notre Dame and Cleveland for two examples.

What a terrible draft.
    I'm sure those words made sense to you when you wrote it, but they don't make any sense on paper.

And Notre Dame is a university. They don't make draft decisions. They recruit based on talent. Charlie Weis recruited terribly because he isn't 'that good in determining talent.
    DUH! See your post above highlighted, haha. I thought maybe you were the one confused, but was being considerate with not pointing out that universities don't draft.

I may not follow NCAA closely, but I'm aware Notre Dame is a University and they don't draft, lol.

I've visited the Notre Dame campus, in honor of Joe Montana. In fact, I have fond memories of visiting Notre Dame, including twisting my ankle when I stepped on a pinecone & fell on my butt. Right after I did, my Chiefs buddy from Germany who was visiting Notre Dame with me, a huge Montana fan...did the same thing. I laughed at him, just as he laughed at me, and I brought the culprit pinecone's home as a momento's, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh, and bwilliams, as far as my post words not making sense...my point is Pioli, Haley, & other minds now assembled to make decisions in unity for the future of the Chiefs...are not the exact team of minds assembled that were for Notre Dame and Cleveland.

Just because one of those minds was involved in a past failure of another team, doesn't constitute failure with a different group of assembled minds now with the Chiefs team.

Does that make sense? lol :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    DUH! See your post above highlighted, haha. I thought maybe you were the one confused, but was being considerate with not pointing out that universities don't draft.

I may not follow NCAA closely, but I'm aware Notre Dame is a University and they don't draft, lol.

I've visited the Notre Dame campus, in honor of Joe Montana. In fact, I have fond memories of visiting Notre Dame, including twisting my ankle when I stepped on a pinecone & fell on my butt. Right after I did, my Chiefs buddy from Germany who was visiting Notre Dame with me, a huge Montana fan...did the same thing. I laughed at him, just as he laughed at me, and I brought the culprit pinecone's home as a momento's, lol.
    You didn't ask about pro teams. You said our current staff doesn't have a history of failure. Weis definitely does.

Oh, and bwilliams, as far as my post words not making sense...my point is Pioli, Haley, & other minds now assembled to make decisions in unity for the future of the Chiefs...are not the exact team of minds assembled that were for Notre Dame and Cleveland.

Just because one of those minds was involved in a past failure of another team, doesn't constitute failure with a different group of assembled minds now with the Chiefs team.

Does that make sense? lol :)
    If the current assembles group doesn;t have a history of failure, neither do they have a history of success. Let's judge them just on this draft.

Yeah. The judgment isn't good.

If the current assembles group doesn;t have a history of failure, neither do they have a history of success. Let's judge them just on this draft.

well when you have a few superbowl rings then people will take you seriously

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    well when you have a few superbowl rings then people will take you seriously
    If I could go back in time and ride Bill Belichek's coattails, I would.

You didn't ask about pro teams. You said our current staff doesn't have a history of failure. Weis definitely does.
    Are you just trying to irritate me? If so, won't work, hahaha.

In all fairness & realistically, there is no "isn't good" draft judgement to be made as of yet. You can't judge the 2010 draft as being "isn't good" until we see how the season goes in 2010...there is no regular season performance history or evidence to judge.

Think of it like a jury trial, all the evidence isn't in as of yet, therefore you aren't able to reach a fair & just verdict and impose final judgement.

Actually, with your pre-judging tendencies...you should be dismissed as a juror! hahahaha

If I could go back in time and ride Bill Belichek's coattails, I would.
    ..............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... ...

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    ..............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... ...
    It may not be a nice thing to say, but it's an accurate thing to say.

In all fairness & realistically, there is no "isn't good" draft judgement to be made as of yet. You can't judge the 2010 draft as being "isn't good" until we see how the season goes in 2010...there is no regular season performance history or evidence to judge.

Think of it like a jury trial, all the evidence isn't in as of yet, therefore you aren't able to reach a fair & just verdict and impose final judgement.

Actually, with your pre-judging tendencies...you should be dismissed as a juror! hahahaha
    You mean saying this is a good draft isn't prejudging?

Fine. I'll stop saying this draft was terrible if everyone else stops saying its good. We'll meet back here in a few years to see how many of our top five picks are in the NFL.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast